Ebay Procedure - Returned Mail

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
OK, so I sold a record two months ago and shipped it. It was returned to me with the address crossed out.The buyer says it's the right address, and I have to try again. The PO is not gonna refund it, will they? WWRHD? Not feeling coming out the pocket to try sending this again.JS

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Read what the notice says on the package as to why it was returned. It could be an inaccurate address, it could be left notice for the person to pick up and they didn't and it got returned. I'd say have him repay shipping.

• JazoistJazoist 78 Posts
    I wonder if you know that for countries in Southern Europe (Italy, Spain, Greece) a telephone number is required. I lost a package over there, wasn't even returned. Just mentioning it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Had no idea. This is Germany.

Unfortunately all I can see on the package is that the address is crossed out and there is a stamp but it is in German and barely legible. Running some translate on the words I can make out it seems to be a customs stamp but I have no idea what it means.

All I can see is a DHL tag that has a check byy "notified".

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    scan the package n send that picture to the guy... so that he knows you're not lying and so that he can make some sense outta what the stamps say. it's either: insufficient postage or a wrong address. but they won't send something back just 'cause the guy never went to pick it up... they'd just keep it there n then someone gets to take it home after a few months... but no returning to sender.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    but they won't send something back just 'cause the guy never went to pick it up... they'd just keep it there n then someone gets to take it home after a few months... but no returning to sender.

Uh, yeah, that's wrong. It's happened numerous times in my dealings that people don't pick up stuff, time goes by, it gets sent back.