Japan raers

2»

Comments

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts

/L

You must be trippin' man... The Sadistic Mika Band were great. Takahashi is the fucking man on the drums, Takanaka hadn't gotten cheesey yet...

The record that Parks posted a picture of (Kuro Fune / Black Ship) is fuckin' dope... and you must know Silver Child... How can you not like Silver Child?!

On top of that, the Sadistics after the Mika Band were dope too... Very dance oriented shit, and the guys are fruckin' funny too, in English and Japanese.

Peace...
    FNM

Listened to "silver child" once or twice and it wasn't bad but i didn't get it really, so what more tracks should i check out? Can't really hurt to give it some more listens..

/L

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

/L

You must be trippin' man... The Sadistic Mika Band were great. Takahashi is the fucking man on the drums, Takanaka hadn't gotten cheesey yet...

The record that Parks posted a picture of (Kuro Fune / Black Ship) is fuckin' dope... and you must know Silver Child... How can you not like Silver Child?!

On top of that, the Sadistics after the Mika Band were dope too... Very dance oriented shit, and the guys are fruckin' funny too, in English and Japanese.

Peace...
    FNM

Listened to "silver child" once or twice and it wasn't bad but i didn't get it really, so what more tracks should i check out? Can't really hurt to give it some more listens..

/L

Personally, I can't stand Sadistic further than the SILVER CHILD break. I got a few copies of the 7" EP that was given away with the album that has the break on it, it's like a radio promo thingy... that's about all you need IMO from that group.

peace.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

OMFG, now that's what I'm talking about. That doomsday reverb on the choir is .

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

OMFG, now that's what I'm talking about. That doomsday reverb on the choir is .

The rest of the album is ehhhh... just that shit is fire. Produced by the same dude who did the music for AKIRA. Top quality cover with metallic finish!

b

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yeah, I think I remember you posted a picture of this some time ago. Great track, even if it's the only good one on the album. What is the name of the Akira composer?

• /L

Personally, I can't stand Sadistic further than the SILVER CHILD break. I got a few copies of the 7" EP that was given away with the album that has the break on it, it's like a radio promo thingy... that's about all you need IMO from that group.

peace.
    Have you listened to Kurofune? I don't know how you could say that if you did, man... That second track with the break and loop is fucking lovely... Not too mention there are a few other great breaks on that record, whereas if you are digging for breaks only, the record with Silver Child is a one-tracker.

Peace...
    FNM

• manchildmanchild 56 Posts
    Damn!! I was being a wise guy,knowing the Brain Police record is beyond rare.I honestly didn't expect someone to post a pic...wow.

Wasn't that lp only available through the mail or something?

Check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAIN-POLICE-Who-Are...1QQcmdZViewItem

Soulstrut posters discuss one of the rarest Japanese psych LPs ever*, and it pops up on Ebay (for the first time I can remember) the same day...

Wow... that is fucking nutty!

yo don't mean to get all but that is a stupid price yeah? those guys run the worst record shop in melbourne, all over priced japanese pressings of the who and the stones and obvious shit like that. who buys it i'll never know... i hope anyway

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yo don't mean to get all but that is a stupid price yeah? those guys run the worst record shop in melbourne, all over priced japanese pressings of the who and the stones and obvious shit like that. who buys it i'll never know... i hope anyway

Yes, it is a stupid price... and it will most likely not sell (if it were going to sell at that price, it would have already). Never seen one for sale, but judging from the fact that Ashley Johnson's list mentions it as a "legendary $5,000 rarity" and his pricings are way too high, I'd guess a figure of half that might possibly be closer to the ballpark... any Japanese psych experts here know more?

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts

/L

peace.

Have you listened to Kurofune? I don't know how you could say that if you did, man... That second track with the break and loop is fucking lovely... Not too mention there are a few other great breaks on that record, whereas if you are digging for breaks only, the record with Silver Child is a one-tracker.

Peace...
    FNM

I was guilty of seeping on Kurofune for some time.
    Silly mistake as there is some dope shit on there, the best track (the second one) is funkin nuts and has just appeared on a certain high profile mix tape.

Anyone got any more commons to post ?

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

Yes, it is a stupid price... and it will most likely not sell (if it were going to sell at that price, it would have already). Never seen one for sale, but judging from the fact that Ashley Johnson's list mentions it as a "legendary $5,000 rarity" and his pricings are way too high, I'd guess a figure of half that might possibly be closer to the ballpark... any Japanese psych experts here know more?

Ashley's prices can be vulgar but he has sold so much stuff at those prices.

• Yes, it is a stupid price... and it will most likely not sell (if it were going to sell at that price, it would have already). Never seen one for sale, but judging from the fact that Ashley Johnson's list mentions it as a "legendary $5,000 rarity" and his pricings are way too high, I'd guess a figure of half that might possibly be closer to the ballpark... any Japanese psych experts here know more?

Not a Japanese psyche expert, but my pal that runs a record store here in Japan said that it goes for 200,000 yen, that's roughly $2000 US.

And on a side-note... In a bizarre coincidence, last night I found the Zunou Keisatsu 3 for a buck at Hard Off:

Peace...
    FNM

• Lupin is awesome, only got it on cd but i must ask, is one of the tracks really called "love squal"??? I got it from my jappie friend and i'm not sure he got the title right..

Yes, Love Squal is the name of the track. There are many different versions I think though. The only one I've ever wanted but have yet to find is the version that was on that *********/readymade records Lupin mix the Sunaga Tatsuo did years back.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Does anyone have any info on T.ONODERA AND LOS ONODERAS, who released the Rock & Drums/free on JVC?

There are a some other related lp's of thiers on the internet, but does anybody have any further info on them; releases, other name they used etc..

• minusnzminusnz 62 Posts
    Does anyone have any info on T.ONODERA AND LOS ONODERAS, who released the Rock & Drums/free on JVC?

There are a some other related lp's of thiers on the internet, but does anybody have any further info on them; releases, other name they used etc..

Sorry man no info,but someone's got/had a set sale with thier 'Latin Drum' Lp.

I only have 'Latin Drum' but just checked it and it doesnt have any band/musician info.
    Its a goodie IMO.

Nah checked its gone,

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I half expected to turn up some good JVC records in Tokyo but I failed to find both this record and the latin drum record out there. Both were easy to find for cheap on eBay though.
    Both good LP's though I prefere the 'Latin Drum' record as its more on the easy tip and thats my shit.

This record is probably the most common record in Tokyo. Its in every anime section in every store, but prices can range form Y2000-Y100. I subjects waiting for a cheap one to show up as its really just samples to be had on here, good samples though.

There is a dope version of this record too (with full tracks) but I haven???t got a scan to post up.