?Nocturnal Funkin? (NRR!)

Firebird75Firebird75 35 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Hmm, feels like an odd place to discuss this, but too bad...I've been doing some personal study on dreams for years, and this obviously entails asking alot of questions. I came across an interesting possible answer to something today and that means....more questions!!!So, apart from the inevitable facetious replies I may get, can any of you be a champ and tell me how often records surface in your dreams? And how do they appear in your dreams? Basically - very much in brief - I'm sussing out the way items relevant to a person's hobbies/profession/passion/other are used as symbols. If you'd like to elaborate and detail the context, personal associations, whatever you like, I'll...um...love you forever?? Help you with dream interpretations? Clean out your record shelves?? Cheers

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I dunno... but I did but some real world moves yesterday evening and threw out 4 crates of LPs and 300+ 45s. And I slept like a baby last night. Highly recommended.

So now the local smackhead has more VG- Gordy & Atlantic 45s than he knows what to do with. Watch him try to sell them back to me on Sunday, it's happened before.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I dunno... but I did but some real world moves yesterday evening and threw out 4 crates of LPs and 300+ 45s. And I slept like a baby last night. Highly recommended.

So now the local smackhead has more VG- Gordy & Atlantic 45s than he knows what to do with. Watch him try to sell them back to me on Sunday, it's happened before.

Lately with cheap LPs and 45s that I don't want and aren't worth selling I just put them in the lobby of my apartment building - they don't last a day, no matter how bad they are.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I've had so many dreams about records. They usually go a little something like this:

- Going to a garage sale or record store and striking a gold mine with all sorts of crazy-looking records with highly promising covers, labels, musicians and so on. Funk, soul, afro, latin, rock, all sorts of fantasy shit.

Pops Caliente And His Cochones "Barrio Breakdown" on Ciudad Records -~> the one with "Jodienda Puta pt 1 & 2".
    The Leroy Black Empowerment "Kill Whitey!" on Mili-Taunt Sounds -~> makes The Last Poets sound like gregorian monks.
    Horst Erdinger Combination "Boogaloo Organ" on Bayerische Aufnahme -~> this frankfurter looks tasty.
    and so on???

- Coming home and putting the stacks on the decks and every record hits like . Sample-material, dj-playable tracks, end-to-end quality, no bullshit. "Let me loop this up, hey, that Griff Washington is mad spiritual on the tenorsax, this is gonna jam the dancefloor".

And then???back to and my pitiful collection of hardtofind Freddy Breck collectables.

• I dunno... but I did but some real world moves yesterday evening and threw out 4 crates of LPs and 300+ 45s. And I slept like a baby last night. Highly recommended.

Lately with cheap LPs and 45s that I don't want and aren't worth selling I just put them in the lobby of my apartment building - they don't last a day, no matter how bad they are.

The wild thing is, you ever put some records by the side of the road on trash day. Then you drive by or look out your window and be like "HMmm, records by the side of the road, I should pick that shit up!"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The wild thing is, you ever put some records by the side of the road on trash day. Then you drive by or look out your window and be like "HMmm, records by the side of the road, I should pick that shit up!"

haha! not long ago, I went to a record store with my boy OT, and I brought along a bunch of unwanted vinyl to trade in for credit...on the drive down, he asked me what I was trading in and why, and I told him...I got my credit while he shopped, and then I grabbed a bunch of shit I already had on hold, skimmed the new arrivals and jetted to get some food...OT came out and met up with me almost a half hour later, shit-eating grin in place...he's all, "yo, you slept! look at all this shit that was behind the counter, dude priced it for me on the spot!"
    He had almost every record I traded in, and had paid almost twice what they gave me in credit...it was absurd on so many levels...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Had a LP dream once that involved going into some underground river/cave where some crazy LPs were being held, or at least that was the way to get to them. Straight up Wayne Mansion Batcave steelo.

On the cleansing tip, I have thrown away LPs just to see them at the swap meet being sold. I recently threw away a ton of records and they lasted a couple days in the dumpster. Day and a 1/2 actually.

Sold the next lot I got for 1/2 of what I paid for them, kept the goodies for sale/trade. Much better move.

• if i found all the record's i dreamed about id also be on "mtv cribs" by now.