Jay Dee RIP?

Comments

• And I'm not even joking about that.

And there are many people who can relate to that sentiment

• R.I.P. DILLA
    THNX FOR THE MUSIC....U R THE TRUTH!!!!!!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    and you know what? I always hold back on the Dilla cheerleading on SS because of the hatters, but FUCK THAT for real. Dude has always been one of my favorite producers and this is SO FUCKED right now. Honestly just wondering why and feeling fucked up. Swallowed my heart as soon as I read this shit. Godamn, JUST WHEN HE WAS FINALLY GONNA BLOW UP.

Honestly me and a dude were just talking this weekend about how can folks hate on dude...He had Crazy chops on the 3000 and from the sound of donuts was just starting to take his ish to the next phase

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "Hold tight
    this is the last time you'll hear me
    I'm out now
    this is the last time to cheer me..."

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    with all the shit he was rushing out recently it's almost like dude knew something was going to happen. that's fucking depressing.
    Sayin.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    wow...all i can say is I feel blessed to have heard his music. I'm sad he's gone but I will celebrate the dudes life every time I hear one of his creations. I think he was taken way too soon but that's neither here nor there, dude had a positive influence on the world and that's realer than real and will not be forgotten. His music will influence producers for a long time coming which is a nice legacy to have.

Rest in peace man, you will be missed.

• J DILLA... R.I.P.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow, very sad news. R.I.P

• hip hop loses a legend. He will be missed. RIP.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    WHATTHEFUCK! This hit me completely unexpected. I thought the man was getting better. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK. I can't believe this shit. I'm speechless. This is tragic.

R.I.P. Jay Dee, you were a big inspiration to me and many others. May you find peace wherever you are now.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Wow.

RIP

• RIP to a great artist...

I got this from hiphopgame.com:

Legendary producer Jay Dee of late '90's Detroit rap trio Slum Village has just passed.
    Jay-Dee has produced such classics as "The Light" by Common, "Stakes is High" by De La Soul, Woo Hahh (remix) by Busta Rhymes feat. ODB and countless others.
    He has also produced originals and remixes over the last 12 years for artists such as D' Angelo, Janet jackson, The Pharcyde, a Tribe Called Quest and many many others.
    Jay Dee recently released an all instrumental album titled "Donuts" on indie hip-hop label Stones Throw.
    Jay Dee passed around 8:00 this morning at his home in California of a bone marrow disease. James (J-Dilla) Yancey will forever be remembered as one of the greatest producers in Hip-Hop.
    We'd like to send our condolences to Jay Dee's family, Rest In Peace homie.

• Damn Man.
    Real sorry to hear this.
    RIP Dilla.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Rest in peace James Yancey, you will be missed!!!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    fuck

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    speechless... this is too sad, on the dawn of his release too DONUTS.

R.I.P., he will be remembered as one of the illest on the drums.

peace.

• R.I.P.

Damn, I just had to post about this to a webpage back home. There is gonna be a lot of crushed Dilla fans in Finland when they wake up.

• WHATTHEFUCK! This hit me completely unexpected. I thought the man was getting better.

Nah, from what I understood, it was a degenerative and terminal disease. It's something he's been living with for a while, and they had done all they could treatment wise.

R.I.P. Jay Dee, May you find peace wherever you are now.

• shit is fucked up!!!
    REST IN PEACE DILLA

• RIP James Yancy
    I will celebrate your life and music forever.
    May your soul soar to the highest heights.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    speechless... this is too sad, on the dawn of his release too DONUTS.

R.I.P., he will be remembered as one of the illest on the drums.

peace.

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Ahmir_Thompson.html

Quest Love:

"But Thompson is quick to point out that he is no real-time purist: "In actuality, one of the biggest influences on my drumming is a producer and drum programmer named Jaydee, from the group Slum Village. He makes programmed stuff so real, you really can't tell it's programmed. He might program 128 bars, with absolutely no looping or quantizing. When Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest first played me some of his stuff, I said, 'The drums are messed up! The time is wrong!' And when we did a song for D'Angelo's record that Lenny Kravitz was supposed to play on, Lenny said, 'I can't play with this???there's a discrepancy in the drum pattern.' And we're like, 'It's supposed to be this way!'"

• Rest In Peace Mr. Yancey

Imitated but never duplicated.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    speechless... R.I.P.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Respect to the great Jay Dee! This is truly a very sad day for all of us. He blessed us with so much great music over the past 10 years. He will always be remembered by me.

• oh man.... sad

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

damn gonna make me cry right here!!!!

• R.I.P. Dilla

• oh man.... sad

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    damn man. a true original. RIP.