EARL, THAT'S YO LIFE

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
hahahaha. see, i know noz and mylatency are feverishly clicking on this thread wondering what it poo on a 40water. but this is about that show earl. its on tv. and i like it.see, its one of the few shows on primetime that profess the tenets of eastern religion. and its great. last night's episode was on interdependence. anyone catch it? great show.in gassho,rimban shig

Comments

• I love that show.

Plus, Jason Lee looks just like my friend Jon:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Man loves this show. it's a jason lee/skater/goofball/do right/live right thing.

i think it's better than most shows, too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Plus, Jason Lee looks just like my friend Jon:

Indeed. Actually your friend Jon looks more like Zach Galifiniakis, who is radikal, too.

My name is Earl is fun and friendly. I can deal.

• jason lee is a scientologist and must be stopped

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Totally digging that show. Plus, I like how they sneak in some quick double entendres and mildly esoteric references every now and then. "Club Chubby"

from last week's episode: "just like prison"

SG

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    hey crabman

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The show provides me with my weekly local Black experience.

um, yeah. the scientologists are like this close to taking over the world

That would make a sweet T-shirt.

That would make a sweet T-shirt.

yes, yes it would

san fran

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i like the pillowtalks at the end

cosignage....

i can't even look at the busboard for this terrible tv show. scientologists are reptilian. (and absolute white devils)

• jesus christ, you guys are totally bringing my tone scale down to like a -25.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Galifiniakis
    !

• scientologists are reptilian. (and absolute white devils)

"Who's a white devil?"[/b]

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Galifiniakis
    !

oops

Zach Galifianakis

right

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Galifiniakis
    !

oops

Zach Galifianakis

right

i wasn't correcting you. i was just saying "wow, nice last name"
    greek-sounding you know?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    are you sure about the jason lee/scientology thing? save for his embarrassingly funny parts in mallrats, my favorite roles he's had were in tincan folklore, and that first stereo, super-8 video. he's an awful actor, but a charasmatic fucker so i still love him. what about steve berra? remember he was on that show nash bridges? ...i only saw the making of "earl" on an airplane, and it looked awful. T.V. shows...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

my name is earl is pretty damn funny. good character interaction. earl's ex-wife is funny as shit actually. i'm not saying it's going to go down in history, but i like it and it entertains me. plus it doesn't have a fucking laugh-track.

and even though the bbc version of the office is so much better, i do like the american one too. again, not going down in history, but pretty damn funny.

everybody hates chris is funny too.

none of these have laugh-tracks. i fucking hate laugh-tracks. i find them kind of insulting.

• are you sure about the jason lee/scientology thing?

http://www.celebritycentre.org/en_US/news/2004/lw0804/

HOLLYWOOD ??? The Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre International hosted its 35th Anniversary Gala in Hollywood, Saturday, August 7th. The guest list included many of the church???s well known members, including Tom Cruise, Lisa Marie Presley, John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Sofia Milos, Jenna Elfman, Leah Remini, Catherine Bell, Priscilla Presley, Erika Christensen, Jason Lee, Anne Archer, Jennifer Aspen, Michelle Stafford, Lynsey Bartilson, Juliette Lewis, Marisol Nichols, and Ethan Suplee.

• there's a war outside your window

its destroying our world

so take the hand of a boy
    and a girl

man i totally forgot the rest. that dude had a smooth style and he rode to that milk song that ive been looking for. cmon sk8r boiz!

• shig i know that scientology is not a big threat, but they are way fun to make fun of

and if you say anything otherwise i will sue you!

• last night's must-see teevee was all scatological with the grandpa on Earl having to do the #2 ("I have to poop" / "ok, but tomorrow could you try pooping before I come over" / "ok, but it's not like I'm runnin the show") and then the office afterwards....wtf?!? this is like a solid hour of funny on Regular TV.

• shig i know that scientology is not a big threat, but they are way fun to make fun of

and if you say anything otherwise i will sue you!

ok!

dude, i was singing a song that thee one jason lee sang in a skateboard video some years ago. it starts

there's a war outside your window

its destroying our world

so take the hand of a boy

and a girl

funny thing was, it took place in like san jose or somewhere's in the south bay, i think, during the first gulf war when white folks used to stand out on the corner and cheer and shit. yeah anyways.