Pityriasis Rosea (NRR)

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Another disease post... I just got hit with this. Anyone else get it? It's one of those 'once in a lifetime' viruses like chicken pox but not contagious. No risk or anything, I just have mad itchy blotches all over my torso. Not awesome. The worst part is the doctor said it lasts up to 6 weeks and there's no known cure or cause!!!What really sucks is that I've been on absolute fire with the ladies lately and now I have to cancel a few very promising dates coming up. It's supposed to spread out to my arms and face so I'm not taking any chances. Unfortunately, trying to explain to a girl that you can't go out with her because you have some kind of weird skin virus sounds like a cop out. This is a fairly useless rant... sorry. I'm hoping someone will post up saying they had it and it went away in a week. Pahlease! Get my hopes up for a quick recovery so I can get back on the prowl!Right now, I feel like this guy DJ Ferrari

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Daaam hommie, sorry to hear that. Hoping for a speedy recovery there. If I were you in that situation, I would probably just eat hella pot cookies and record mixes.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Daaam hommie, sorry to hear that. Hoping for a speedy recovery there. If I were you in that situation, I would probably just eat hella pot cookies and record mixes.

Thanks N*t... no pot for me, but at least I'll be able to finish my 2006 demo quicker than I first thought. Then when it's gone, I'll be able to get on the serious gig hunt. Word,

DJ Ferrari

• Another disease post... I just got hit with this. Anyone else get it? It's one of those 'once in a lifetime' viruses like chicken pox but not contagious. No risk or anything, I just have mad itchy blotches all over my torso. Not awesome. The worst part is the doctor said it lasts up to 6 weeks and there's no known cure or cause!!!

What really sucks is that I've been on absolute fire with the ladies lately and now I have to cancel a few very promising dates coming up. It's supposed to spread out to my arms and face so I'm not taking any chances. Unfortunately, trying to explain to a girl that you can't go out with her because you have some kind of weird skin virus sounds like a cop out.

This is a fairly useless rant... sorry. I'm hoping someone will post up saying they had it and it went away in a week. Pahlease! Get my hopes up for a quick recovery so I can get back on the prowl!

Right now, I feel like this guy

DJ Ferrari

I had this in the past. It took the full 6 weeks to clear up as they said it would, but thankfully I never had it on my face. It stuck pretty much to my torso, back, arms, legs. Thankfully, mine didn't itch either, which I've heard it often does. I know they can prescribe something for the itchiness if oatmeal baths or whatnot isn't doing the trick.

Sorry I can't report a quicker recovery - I remember it being a bit maddening. I definitely found myself wearing long sleeves on warm days and sweating my ass off because of it more than once.

• my youngest had this twice in a year(he`s two).it cleared up a lot quicker than 6 weeks..

it never spread like we were told it might either.

i`m sure the ladies will stay on hold and you`ll be like a man possessed when you`re back on the block..

• what you need to do is play the sympathy card and have one of your dates give YOU an oatmeal bath, and put salve on your blotches.

namean, namsayin?

• Ferrari, far from a gamekill, this skin disease could actually be a unique opportunity to tap into the hideous underground of girls that are attracted to people with skin conditions. they have to be out there. try myspace.

yo, no joke though hope you get better homie.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I dont know that I would follow the advice to use your grotesque blotches to woo the ladies. If your torso looks like Gorbachev's forehead, keep that shit to yourself. I wouldnt tell anyone about it.

What I would do is still go on those dates - but when you start scamming* with the girl, dont let it go to far, dont let her take your shirt off. It will look like you are acting hesitant and weird. When they ask you whats up, say " I want to wait a couple more dates before we get into anything serious, physically. I dont want this to be another one night stand, you know?". Then brush the hair out of her face, whisper to her "but boy, im tempted" and resume passionately kissing her.

You know look sensitive! Everybody wins!

In the mean time, you always have your diseased, red, blotchy hands to make love to. Good luck!

*one for the old school slang i still use thread.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Haha! Good shit. This is so money right here...

When they ask you whats up, say " I want to wait a couple more dates before we get into anything serious, physically. I dont want this to be another one night stand, you know?". Then brush the hair out of her face, whisper to her "but boy, im tempted" and resume passionately kissing her.