I WANT TO LEARN ABOUT SIPPING SIZZURP

13»

Comments

• "robotrippin'"... this is some suburbanite schitt

absolutely

Must be from mormons in the 90's who were afraid to smoke or drink alcohol, so they decided to pop E pills and drink tussun.

not mormon, but we were 'bout robotussin, shit weed, and acid... it was just a matter of availability... it was harder to get alcohol than anything else, so we made do with what we could get

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    "robotrippin'"... this is some suburbanite schitt

absolutely

Must be from mormons in the 90's who were afraid to smoke or drink alcohol, so they decided to pop E pills and drink tussun.

not mormon, but we were 'bout robotussin, shit weed, and acid... it was just a matter of availability... it was harder to get alcohol than anything else, so we made do with what we could get

in college robotrippin was a substitute for lsd when there was none to be found. we called it "poor man's acid" (even though a bottle was more expensive than a hit). the most potent shit we could find was this stuff called "delsym" that was eckerd brand. there was less of it to drink (like 4 oz rather than 8 oz of tussin) but it was thicker and orange flavor. nasty shit. but that would get you fucked up for real. in raleigh it was kinda big in the punk scene for a little while. i think there were some punk songs about it.

anyways, i could only stomach that shit for about 4 times before it could be handled no more.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

canadians,

you can buy that shit without a prescription.

yes robotrippin / liquid codeine was on the scene even as far removed as the east coast in the early 90's

wow
    didn't know that

I do remember the last time we talked about sizzurp aka lean aka barre, I read that old psych heads/druggies in TX had been abusing cough syrup, dhex, etc for years before Screwheads and the kids were sipping on Tussin. I think this is documented on some drug sites about lean aka promethazine aka sizzurp aka syrup?

• I smoked sherm once in 89. Scary stuff. I was walking down the street and every window in every apartment building had video cameras taping me for blackmail in the afterlife. I took off my coat and I thought my arms came off with it. Then these panthers came in from another dimension and held me down while a needle pierced the light in my brain. Strange shit. i thought i was only smoking a bowl. Crazy foll from Brooklyn gave me that shit.

Couldn't pay me to do this shit again. Not for a million fo-fillion dollars. That Crazy Eddie will fuck you up something surrious and totally remove all sense of reason from your skull. Has nasty lasting effects on the brain too.

• the "purple stuff" that paul wall, 3-6, etc. are referring to is Promethazine w/Codeine cough syrup. no DXM or other bullshit.

promethazine is a sedative antihistamine that amplifies the effects of codeine.

codeine, as most of you probably know, is an opioid derived from morphine.

"drank" by itself won't damage your brain cells or anything like that. it's fairly safe.

mixing it with too much alcohol will cause fatal respiratory depression (what do you expect from consuming 3 sedatives at once??)

-Dr. Grumble

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    ^^^ Wordz Of Wizdom

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

gyeah