Displaying 45s

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
looking for ideas. what do you do? peace, 'check . . .

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Gallery Fee $0.35

• Gallery Fee $0.35 Featured Plus! $19.95

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    If you wanna be a baller you can line your walls with plexiglass then proceed to paint them with records....

Or you can use the tried & true "plastic 45 bags & staplegun" method....no pic of that one but you probably get the idea.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    While not recommended for home display of raers, I really like the 45 wall at the Stax Museum:

• slushslush 691 Posts
    what good are they behind a glass wall like that?!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

I forgot what I was going to say

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Someone made an offer...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Someone made an offer...

I noticed a couple of other holes in the collection when I was there (um...Summer 2004 I think). Plus some of the titles that are up still have dealer prices written in grease pencil on the runout leading me to believe that they didn't have all of the back catalog sitting around and had to buy up a bunch of them. I'm sure that the Shangri-La guys would know more of the story. Some of the autographed items were signed to something like the Blues Museum as well. Great museum, though, I had fun getting down on the Solid Gold dancefloor.

• Options
    looking for ideas. what do you do?

I dangle those puppies right from the ol' dipstick and let em' twirl around a bit. You'll sell more that way, but I wouldn't buy them. Matter fact, I'd walk right out of Good Records on 3rd St in NYC.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Bags Unlimited has some nice 45 frames, not cheap but pretty nice looking for

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Someone made an offer...

I noticed a couple of other holes in the collection when I was there (um...Summer 2004 I think). Plus some of the titles that are up still have dealer prices written in grease pencil on the runout leading me to believe that they didn't have all of the back catalog sitting around and had to buy up a bunch of them. I'm sure that the Shangri-La guys would know more of the story. Some of the autographed items were signed to something like the Blues Museum as well. Great museum, though, I had fun getting down on the Solid Gold dancefloor.

When they first opened they listed titles that they were still looking for on their website. They needed close to a 100 45s.