Just got this in the mail (paypal related)

teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Seems the scams are getting worse .. beware folks!

Comments

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Seems the scams are getting worse .. beware folks!

Thanks for the heads up - usually roll the mouse over the URL to see if it even looks legit... And if there's an issue w/ either eBay or PayPal, I then head to the proper website, sign in and see what needs to be done from there...

• Man I love me some LUXURY WATCHES. Did you get the Rolex or the Tag Hoya? Congratulations on your purchase of LUXURY WATCHES

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LUXURY WATCHES

• edubedub 715 Posts
    are you Derek Boyd?

post your physical address... oh wait, maybe you did? seriously, if that's not your address, this seems like a pretty easy scam to spot... I can't even ship to my own work address, without having the address added to my credit card account data base.

• are you Derek Boyd?

post your physical address... oh wait, maybe you did? seriously, if that's not your address, this seems like a pretty easy scam to spot... I can't even ship to my own work address, without having the address added to my credit card account data base.

No never heard of him, I just signed in via www.paypal.com and checked the transaction history .. no sign of this here. I haven't tried to hit link forwarded here but I'm pretty sure it's a bollocks site that looks identical to the paypal one ..

• edubedub 715 Posts
    are you Derek Boyd?

No never heard of him, I just signed in via www.paypal.com and checked the transaction history .. no sign of this here. I haven't tried to hit link forwarded here but I'm pretty sure it's a bollocks site that looks identical to the paypal one ..

what i was trying to say is that it's easy to determine the reality of the scam if you check who the item, supposedly, was shipped to. since spammers usually don't have your physical address (tm), the only way the scam will work is if you, in your haste to cancel the transaction, log into their site and enter all your info, without noticing that the receipt has a bunk shipping address on it.

• Precisely!

Although I would like a rolex watch ..

pst: These guys are proffesionals right??!??

• Real Paypal emails are always addressed to your name.
    That's why usually the first line already reveals the scam.
    If you receive an email that is addressed to some anonymous PayPal member and not to you personally, it's safe to say it's a scam.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    When I'm bored, I go to their hoax sites (not clicking from their e-mail though) and put loads of words like, 'CUNT' and 'FUCK' in there.
    Then I find out where they're hosted and anonymously mailbomb the ISP, referencing the hoax mail IP.

Probably achieves little in the long run, but it's a good way to kill time.

• Anyone know when I will recieve my rolex watch?

maybe contact Derek Boyd and ask him?!?!

• I got one like this except where it says Dear paypal member it had my real name! Don't know how they pulled that one off but you have to be real careful with this stuff, never click on any links in a e-mail no matter how legit it looks

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I receive that kinda ishhhh everyday...

• no doubt, i can spot those things a mile away. paypal doesn't usually email you for anything. plus if you hover over the link, like somebody else mentioned, you can see if it's a bullshit site. if it doesn't say "www.paypal.com...." in the link then it's bogus. that's why you have online accounts at places like ebay and paypal. they send you announcements through your account, not through your email. you gotta be pretty careless to get suckered by one of those lame ass scams if you ask me.