Sonny Hopson 1969 Philly (link)

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
http://rapidshare.de/files/9614926/01_Original_1969_Philadelphia_AM_Radio_Broadcast.mp3.htmlHOHOHO!"Sonny Hopson, aka the Mighty Burner, was a finger-poppin' DJ on WHAT-AM with a distinctive sound and personality. He delightfully violated all the standard disc jockey rules. He talked through and over records, sang along with every song (often louder than the artist) and commented on news and social issues whenever the spirit moved him. This CD of a 1969 Sonny Hopson show captures Philadelphia black radio in the raw. It's all included--the commercials, the news reports, and of course lots and lots of the Mighty Burner doing his thing. There was a time when Philadelphia radio employed on-air artists as gifted as the people they promoted, and the proof is on this CD."

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    BY ALL MEANS IF THIs is

delete immediately.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm just sayin... buy that shit

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i didnt think it was very available, otherwise i never woulda...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    But yes, definitely buy this shit. I cherish my copy. I mention it on here way too much as it is.

the sex machine...THE SEX MACHINE...THE SEX MACHINE!!![/b]

• Everyone should buy this cd, a real time capsule kinda thing. I think I heard a few years back they did a remastered version of this, if thats true how can you tell if you have the old or new one? Mine is a bit distorted throughout