SX2 45 Adaptors

the_woodsmanthe_woodsman 26 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Whats the going price for these, do people still want them? I did a google search and turned up next to nothing...Thanks

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They haven't been manufactured for years. I doubt that anyone that actually owns a good pair would sell them. I have just one and I'd love to get 2 more personally.

• Thanks, I was asking because I found a pile of them, old store stock. I've seen people talk about them on here and other places but don't think I've seen one for sale.

Thanks, I was asking because I found a pile of them, old store stock. I've seen people talk about them on here and other places but don't think I've seen one for sale.

where and when? and how much?

• I found them today, should have about 20 or so total, brand new in the shrink

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    no, nobody wants these, I'll be happy to recycle them properly, plaese ship to Mountain View, CA 94040.

Although you might want to read this thread first

pm coming your way.

• Are they really any better than these?

• Thanks for all the replies and PM's (I'll answer those later I'm at work right now) Can someone tell me a value on these guys, if it was a record I would have a better feel for it on a 45 adapter I'm just not sure

Are they really any better than these?

I never fucked with those, I have the aluminum joints that are on TTLab. and the 45's tend to slip under them once in a while. I have had any problems with my SX2 (I only have one) save for the fact that it is cracked all to hell.

I haven't actually used my SX2 in a minute, since I don't wanna crack it further, but I loved it. best tracking, I think, for 45s...

Thanks for all the replies and PM's (I'll answer those later I'm at work right now) Can someone tell me a value on these guys, if it was a record I would have a better feel for it on a 45 adapter I'm just not sure

$10 - 20 max. a few years ago it would have been higher, but there's alternatives out now (see hogg's post above).

• Those are cool as hell, where can one get those? And to answer your question I believe people like the sx2's because you can scratch with 45's without touching the record itself

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Those are cool as hell, where can one get those? And to answer your question I believe people like the sx2's because you can scratch with 45's without touching the record itself

I have them and they're great. You have to get them in Germany and they cost (if I remember correctly) $30 - $40 for a set. The one drawback is that they tend to be a bit loose around the hole.

• Those are cool as hell, where can one get those? And to answer your question I believe people like the sx2's because you can scratch with 45's without touching the record itself

Check the URL of that image: www.soundquake.com. It's a German-based reggae site. Those are 7.71 Euros apiece, but it's the shipping to the States that'll get you. I've had mine for about 3 and a half years (think I paid $27 total for the pair) and I loooooove them. They're solid stainless steel and VERY heavy. Totally worth the money spent, especially for sketchy Jamaican center holes (no pum pum).

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

I never fucked with those, I have the aluminum joints that are on TTLab. and the 45's tend to slip under them once in a while.

I had the same problem with those hollow plastic cone adaptors
    Here's a kick-ass solution:

1. Buy some cheap hollow plastic adaptors like

2. Flip it upside down and fill it with steel bb's
    3. Pour wood glue or quick-set expoxy resin and allow to fill in the space between the bb's. Make sure the mixture is level or slightly lower than the rim.
    4. Allow to dry and those suckers are heavy and essentially plastic coated steel.

Since then I have never had 45's slip underneath, plus they are tons heavier then the solid aluminum style.

I never fucked with those, I have the aluminum joints that are on TTLab. and the 45's tend to slip under them once in a while.

3. Pour wood glue or quick-set expoxy resin and allow to fill in the space between the bb's. Make sure the mixture is level or slightly lower than the rim.
    4. Allow to dry and those suckers are heavy and essentially plastic coated steel.

Since then I have never had 45's slip underneath, plus they are tons heavier then the solid aluminum style.

damn, that's dope. You came up with that yourself?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

damn, that's dope. You came up with that yourself?

Yeah, it's all those years of watching MacGuyver.

Grab some of those plastic hollow joints, it's pretty easy to pull off, you'll be sold.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    "the fact that it is cracked all to hell"

Yeah, those SX2's aren't real sturdy. Those German adaptors are probably best. I wouldn't mind replacing my SX2's though. Let me know what's up.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Everyone I know who has the SX2s has at least one small break on their pair, everyone from Kenny Meez to Cash Money. I think Ayres may be intact but that's cause he's a bit anal.

DeeRock what's GOOD?

• Attn - tripledouble
    Turn on your PM's

• they are now ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks for the headsup woods.
    (and aleit to on the surprise phone call: urgent situation, your pms are off!)

???37.50 for postage to the US? That's crazy talk! They can't possibly cost that much to ship from Germany. Anyone over there care to hook me up?

I've been plenty happy with the ones I bought at turntable lab,

But those German ones are nizzzze.

• i will buy them....lemme know what you got. peace. pres.

• Thanks again for the all the replies about sx2's, Deerock has laid an offer on the table that is a bit too good to refuse for the pair I have up for trade. But if anyone has a copy of the 45 Johnny Holiday - Nobody loves me but my mama on Bold I think that would change my mind, been looking for that one way too long

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thanks again for the all the replies about sx2's, Deerock has laid an offer on the table that is a bit too good to refuse for the pair I have up for trade. But if anyone has a copy of the 45 Johnny Holiday - Nobody loves me but my mama on Bold I think that would change my mind, been looking for that one way too long

Nah dog, fuck with Dee.