HOW TO KNOW IF SOMEONE SENT ME A VIRUS? (NRR)

danceonamericadanceonamerica 233 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
With a Yahoo mail account, it is IMPOSSIBLE to open the email in question in other words I get this message:
We didn't understand your request.The request sent by your browser was missing some information. Please try again.If the problem persists, we suggest that you close all browser windows, relaunch your browser, and log into Yahoo! Mail again. If you still have problems, please contact Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.
It is POSSIBLE to open ANY other email EXCEPT this one.I'm afraid that the email contain something (it may not be the case or just Yahoo who doesn't handle "Return Receipt" from Netscape mail software/etc).Somewhat ebay/record related (well... for me) so it can be very "big dude" like it can be very "lil dude" to ask.Please to help!

Comments

• did you try to just delete the email?

if you can open all your other emails (after opening the suspicious one) I doubt its a virus.

• if you can open all your other emails (after opening the suspicious one) I doubt its a virus.

I agree. It'll tell you if it scanned an attachment and founda virus. I know on some mail servers occasionally an email will get corrupted or something and you'll get some stupidass generic error and won't be able to pull it.

• Thanks for both of you for replying.

I haven't deleted the suspicious email and can do it but would be *very* interested to know what the person *wanted* to tell. It is TOTALLY impossible to open that email.

Can't it just be a Outlook/Netscape "return receipt" that Yahoo doesn't support?

It is / related.

did you try to just delete the email?

if you can open all your other emails (after opening the suspicious one) I doubt its a virus.

• Dunno about that, but have you tried getting at it different ways? You could try the web-based e-mail from Yahoo, or try to access it from the SMTP server via Outlook or Thunderbird etc.

• I was talking about WEB BASED Yahoo email since day 1 (this is what I use).

This is why it makes all this VERY SUSPICIOUS.

Anyways, i'm gonna mail the guy and ask him to re-send his email without attachement and read receipts.

Delete this thread moderators.

Dunno about that, but have you tried getting at it different ways? You could try the web-based e-mail from Yahoo, or try to access it from the SMTP server via Outlook or Thunderbird etc.

• Oh, & I cannot even forward that email to another email account since I can't open it.

• Oh, & I cannot even forward that email to another email account since I can't open it.

Try Outlook or Thunderbird. (etc)

• If the email is from [email]wegmez@msn.com[/email] it's a virus.