Asking to end an auction early - Hot or Not?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I say good for you if you can pull it off. peace, 'check. . .

Comments

• Hot as hell when it works. If it doesn't work at least you tried. When you don't try you bite yourself for it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you bite yourself

• dont get your ass reported

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I had a record up that I got literally 14 offers to take it down. I was almost tempted at 500$. I held out, and it ended at 960.00. Generally, when people are asking to take something down, they offer 1/2 (or more) of what it ends for on Ebay. Its happened to me various times.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i sold some raer hip hop awhile ago and i got requests to end every single one of them early. needless to say, the offers were not sufficient

• I was almost tempted at aschrock's $50 offer[/b].

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I have seen the offers go both ways. Most of the time, when people send early end offers its lower, but I have seen a few offers to myself and other friends on auctions for decently more than the joints end up selling in the auction.

I just think it has to do with some super obscure thing that hasn't sold on ebay in a year or some shit like that. Where the last time a record sold, a year earlier or so, it went for $500 but a year later its just not that hot with people and it goes for less on the open market.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I have seen the offers go both ways. Most of the time, when people send early end offers its lower, but I have seen a few offers to myself and other friends on auctions for decently more than the joints end up selling in the auction.

I just think it has to do with some super obscure thing that hasn't sold on ebay in a year or some shit like that. Where the last time a record sold, a year earlier or so, it went for $500 but a year later its just not that hot with people and it goes for less on the open market.

hmmm...

a guy who keeps his pets in the oven is most certainly not a credible source.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    zing!

you gonna sell me some cake, *r*?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

hmmm...

a guy who keeps his pets in the oven is most certainly not a credible source.

Thats not a pet, its one of those shitty little rats, old ladies and your girlfriends always mistake for dogs. They pee on things, yelp at anything, try to bite you, and hate everyone except the old lady or girlfriend that owns the little shit.

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=514315&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

• Not.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    zing!

you gonna sell me some cake, *r*?

you can't have your cake and eat it too.

oh hoh hoh.

i'm full of good one's tonight. ok, enough studying, time to drink some wikky or somethin'

• VERY JET-SET AND HAPPENS ALL THE TIME WITH LOCALS

• Options
    I don't really care what other people think of the practice - I ask regularly.

Down with Surety, K.