Average Height of rappers

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
My friend pointed this out to me. It seems that the average height of rappers is very low. Personally, they always seem so tall and I'm surprised everytime I find out they're short.Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    It's been bugging me out my entire life. So many cats are much shorter than I thought.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    That's what I'm talking about!

When I found this out, and started thinking about it and watching videos, It was really weird.

• TV is kinda of deceptive, when it comes to how tall people are.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    That's what I'm talking about!

When I found this out, and started thinking about it and watching videos, It was really weird.

That's the reason why I started to collect rap videos on DVD.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

So, where's "the average height of strutters" thread?

• Rappers are bigger on DVD this is true

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Actually: 5'9"

• Actually: 5'9"

Yeah those NBA rappers fuck up the average.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Good Thread!!!

Wow ....

Good Thread!!!
    Wow ....

Just kidding. But the Beatnuts are another deceptive group when it comes to the height.

Tall

OR

Short

When I saw them live I remember them being quite short.

Forced perspective...

• still a classic

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

Looks like a portrait of Judge Wapner over the shoulder? This in a courtroom? Maybe an art gallery?

• buckshot
    AG
    phife

• maybe an offshoot of napoleon (aka little man) syndrome. Forces you to work harder/prove yourself, with more agression?

hmmmmm

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    maybe an offshoot of napoleon (aka little man) syndrome. Forces you to work harder/prove yourself, with more agression?

hmmmmm

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    My friend pointed this out to me. It seems that the average height of rappers is very low. Personally, they always seem so tall and I'm surprised everytime I find out they're short.

Anyone else notice this?

I spoke to Frank (from Frank-N-Dank) about this one time - his reply was rap was a means by which short folls up their get-a-groove game; backstage once @ a Roots show, some guy in an Avirex jacket passed me by - initial thought was he's kinda short - turned out to be Talib...

Redman and Method Man are 2 that stand out as tall tho'...

Look at Dru Ha man, he is TINY:

It gives you some perspective for the following picture:

I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm dissing short people or anything, it's just a weird phenomenon.

As for Redman and Method man...

• I met Ice T 7 years ago. I was surprised how short he was. 5'5" tops.

on the other side:

Mr. Dead of handsome boy modeling school/ the dix/ his solo stuff is 6' 5". afroman is 6'3" or so.

• Afroman is 6'3" or so.

Without the afro, Afroman is only 5'9