New: Please Be Gentle

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
New to the site....been reading and enjoying it for a week since a couple of guys turned me on to it at the Austin Show. Hope to be able to contribute. I know a few of you and the knowledge here is mind boggling.A little about myself...Been digging through vinyl for 20+ yearsEvery once in a while I even find something worthwhileWas happy to see that a bunch of LP's from my $5.00 box at Austin made it to the "Weekend Finds" thread.Old psych head since back in the day.Been doing the Rockadelic thang since '88Sell a bunch of crap on the bay.Thanks to Tim, Ari, Chris, etc. for steering me to this site.Rich

Comments

• Welcome!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Welcome!

• Welcome!

Right on, good introduction!

The big "D" stands for Dallas?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    do you still have reprints of that 'The Survival' album?
    you released a limited reissue, right?

welcome, oh knowledgable one

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Damn...so you really work for Rockadelic? I got that Cold Sun lp you put out. That shit is fuck'n CRAZY!!!!

I've been trying to contact you guys via your site for a few months to inquire about one of the re's you put out but your e-mail keeps bouncing. Are any of the re's that say "inquire only" still around???

Anyhow, at the very least I want to thank you for releasing these;

Both of these lp's have blown me away many times, and will continue to.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Welcome!

The big "D"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    welcome to the board, man.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Welcome!

And have some fun on SS.

Peace

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    A psych head, whoo-hoo! Welcome.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Big "D" is indeed Dallas

Not only do I work for Rockadelic, I be Rockadelic

The Rockadelic website is in the process of being updated

Feel free to contact me at this email.. [email]Rockadelic@sbcglobal.net[/email]

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Rich

• howdy.....

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Not only do I work for Rockadelic, I be Rockadelic

Hi Rich!

I'm glad to have contact information that actually might reach you.

I have yet to sacrifice any goats as directed by the "witch doctor" last night, but I'm still enjoying his music nonetheless. Thanks for hooking me up with such a nice highlife record. speaking of which... i've been meaning to get in touch w/ you. may be out your way in two or three weeks.

My search for our friend "the miller" is becoming interesting. you will be the first for copy 2/100 if it appears and it suits your tastes.

your knowledge and insight will add greatly to this record forum.

Great to hear from you and I have not forgotten that I am at least three margaritas in debt.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    hello sir welcome and i hope you drop some knowledge on me in the future

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Excellent intro....Welcome

• Rich is INDEED deep,and a damn cool fellow.Rich, Please start a thread and enlighten the strutters on your encounter with Jr. and the Soulettes.I think it is perhaps one of the best and most surreal of record related stories,and one that is worthy of an HBO movie.Good to see you here!

• Was happy to see that a bunch of LP's from my $5.00 box at Austin made it to the "Weekend Finds" thread.

guilty... hi rich... good to hear from you here.

your junk is my junk now.

dave

• welcome rich! plaese contibute record related and especially n.r.r.
    peace, stein. . .

• Welcome Rich! Now please post a raer psych mp3 that will melt our faces.

(that should be the new 1st post tradition)

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    hi rich !
    welcome !!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

welcome !!

Wow....been almost 5 years......seems much shorter than that....y'all had no idea what you were in for......hope I've contributed, entertained and pissed off a bunch of folks.

I Heart SS

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Wow....been almost 5 years......seems much shorter than that....y'all had no idea what you were in for......hope I've contributed, entertained and pissed off a bunch of folks.

I Heart SS

Yeah Rich, you've pissed me off quite a bit over the years . Naw man, you know you're my dude and you make a great contribution to the planet known as Soul Strut. I plan to call you soon enough to shoot the breeze, and I've been meaning to do so for a while. Stay real and true to yourself man!!! Some of us respect that greatly!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I Heart SS

Yeah Rich, you've pissed me off quite a bit over the years . Naw man, you know you're my dude and you make a great contribution to the planet known as Soul Strut. I plan to call you soon enough to shoot the breeze, and I've been meaning to do so for a while. Stay real and true to yourself man!!! Some of us respect that greatly!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Looking forward to it......I guess the real question here is why did someone have this thread saved??

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    thread title made me think of this

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    maybe its a preview of the stacks/rock phone convo!

haha
    rock youve brought a lot to strutworld. youre finds posts are always a lot of fun. and youre political indignance is appreciated

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Rich, you're one of my favorite posters, and an all-around good guy in real life. I RIDE.