Graffiti Writers-Reno, NV hates you(CNN related)

Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
From CNN,comMayor: Cut thumbs off graffiti 'punks'[/b]RENO, Nevada (AP) -- The mayor of Las Vegas has suggested that people who deface freeways with graffiti should have their thumbs cut off on television."In the old days in France, they had beheadings of people who commit heinous crimes," Mayor Oscar Goodman said Wednesday on the TV show "Nevada Newsmakers."Goodman said the city has a beautiful highway landscaping project and "these punks come along and deface it.""I'm saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb," the mayor said. "That may be the right thing to do."Goodman also suggested whippings should be brought back for children who get into trouble.Another panelist on the show, state university system regent Howard Rosenberg, said cutting off the thumbs of taggers won't solve the problem and Goodman should "use his head for something other than a hat rack."

Comments

• I think we should cut the heads off of politicains. It's not like they use them.

• Goodman said the city has a beautiful highway landscaping project

in reno? laffo.

• Then maybe politicians should stop accepting donations from giant companies like Coca Cola and McDonald's who shittily use graffiti in their advertising.

• I think we should cut the heads off of politicains. It's not like they use them.

Well said!

• The mayor of Las Vegas has suggested that people who deface freeways with graffiti should have their thumbs cut off on television.

"I'm saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb," the mayor said. "That may be the right thing to do."

Goodman also suggested whippings should be brought back for children who get into trouble.

glad we are learning something during our time in iraq. (sorry to drag iraq into this thread.)

sounds like it is time to sink some of the money they spend on impressive landscaping projects into arts and after school programs instead.

in reno? laffo.

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- The mayor of Las Vegas[/b] has suggested that people who deface freeways with graffiti should have their thumbs cut off on television.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Damn, like that? Somebody watched a little too much sopranos and it's bringing back his mafioso days.

- spidey

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Goodman said the city has a beautiful highway landscaping project

in reno? laffo.

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- The mayor of Las Vegas[/b] has suggested that people who deface freeways with graffiti should have their thumbs cut off on television.

Damn, I know I don't know how to read, but I missed that entirely.

• "In the old days in France, they had beheadings of people who commit heinous crimes,"
    "Cuts like a Gullitone."

I could be wrong but wasn't it the aristocrat class in France who were getting there heads hacked off.

"Fatal Flying Guillotine chops off your fuckin head"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Oscar Goodman is connected to the mafia

Vegas Mayor don't play

• I remember in the 90's some OC politician wanted to cane graf writers (a la Singapore). Then somebody tagged the front of his office, "SPANK ME!" That was funny.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Vegas Mayor don't play

Well, in his past career he was a lawyer for some 'alleged' Vegas made men.

A good friend of mine is on the Review-Journal city desk beat, and he has a raft of great stories about that dude. He told me he loves him being Mayor just for the quotable material that flies outta the guys mouth on the regular.

in reno? laffo.

oh psh. as if las vegas holds any more "beauty" than reno anyhow.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Vegas Mayor don't play

Well, in his past career he was a lawyer for some 'alleged' Vegas made men.

A good friend of mine is on the Review-Journal city desk beat, and he has a raft of great stories about that dude. He told me he loves him being Mayor just for the quotable material that flies outta the guys mouth on the regular.

he did an episode for us this season and dude is off the fucking chain with his quotables. I might just have to pull up the tapes from that day and write some of these down

• He never saw great GRAFF ART.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Goodman said the city has a beautiful highway landscaping project

in reno? laffo.

WHy you gotta hate on my home B? I know it sucks out here but damn!

• if you were smart you'd cut off the index finger. thumb is reserved for when you get finger cramps on big fills....a.k.a "toy finger"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Graffiti isn't art.

• Graffiti isn't art.

I smell a 5 pager... regardless of any intended irony.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    - That's art.

• I know you didn't take that pic with a STOCK TIP

• I know you didn't take that pic with a STOCK TIP

what, you can't rock shit with a stock tip?

• Maybe he sliced it with a razor blade.

• Mate I don't write graff, nor did I take that pic. There are a bunch of pics on that site www.woostercollective.com that respond to that bloke who called for writer's thumbs to be cut off, that is just one of them

Peace!

James