applying for grants (mingering related)

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody have any experience seeking out grants? I'm thinking I can probably track down some funding for transfering all of the reel-to-reel recordings and stuff like that.. I also want to get him a kick ass computer.I did some searching on the web, but it's pretty daunting.Anyone got any suggestions?Thanks!

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    my dear friend is a grant writer. check your email.

• This might be a long shot, but check out my man Mathew Lesko on the question mark scooter riding through DC .

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

• My bad for the tangent, but seriously, Lesko's wife has to be a serious trooper to put up with his 24/7 marketing tactics. I recall going to a Salif Keita show at the Lisner at GWU last year and my man came to the Lisner in his full "question mark garb".

That's true Guerilla marketing if i've ever seen it.

peas.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Anybody have any experience seeking out grants? I'm thinking I can probably track down some funding for transfering all of the reel-to-reel recordings and stuff like that.. I also want to get him a kick ass computer.

I did some searching on the web, but it's pretty daunting.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!

D**i, PM Fatback...Mrs Fatback may be able to refer you to some agencies as she does that type of stuff in her 9-5 gig.

If you already thought of that, well...great minds think alike.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

that guy needs to be the new baller graemlin.

or the ghey one.

• Have you checked out the http://fdncenter.org/?
    They also have a CD-Rom FCSearch that should be in most local library systems.
    Is this a grant for an individual or a non-profit organization?
    My wife, who is a grant writer, says the more you narrow your search criteria
    the better your prospects will be.

• Thanks air'body. I'm gonna follow up on all these leads.

Gotta get Mike a computer.. He has this ancient PC that can't even run without crashing.