The Recent Onslaught of Little Dudes

Comments

• chasechase 767 Posts
    s in training

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Coming this Friday...

courtesy of RAJ, DJ Anna, D Castle, Danno and My-doesn't-he-post-a-lot-lately,

...for the first time ever....

...this Friday...

Ban Ten People Before Sundown.[/b]

NOONE IS SAFE.[/b]

(freedom of speech b/w watch what you say)

YES!
    I hope someone picks me!

What about this one

bigspliff, tecumseh's being sarcastic. he's a well known guy on the scratch dj tip... bigchan, and deerock can attest to it.

• I was acting out of a deep-seeded need.

That's alright, we all have needs.

But is it "deep-seeded" or "deep-seated" ?

I always thought it was "deep-seated", which would be like
    if I had a big ole Bubble Butt and I had an itchy Post finger
    that couldn't reach up into my need.

On the other hand "deep-seeded" would be like if it was planted
    so far in the ground that it wouldn't bloom till two summers from
    now...or that the need lay down in the deepest folds of your scrotum,
    only to be shot out with a well-timed ring-finger tap on "Enter".

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Contextually, "deep-seeded" makes the most sense, but I know I have heard it said as "deep-seated" many times.

• Allow me to remind all of you about a very basic bit of Forum Physics.
    Any time anyone replies to a thread, the presence of the reply "bumps"
    that thread back to the top of the board.

So every time one of you seasoned veterans posts a dismissive or sarcastic
    reply, it moves the little wetmouth's name and message back to the very
    tip top.

You poptart--don't you ever in your life tell people to boycott my posts.

I already do on my own accord.

• edubedub 715 Posts

But is it "deep-seeded" or "deep-seated" ?

Both Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and the OED2 (Complete) agree that the correct term is "deep-seated", having its seat far beneath the surface.

"Deep-seeded" does not have an entry in either dictionary.

cheater.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    cheater.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Coming this Friday...

courtesy of RAJ, DJ Anna, D Castle, Danno and My-doesn't-he-post-a-lot-lately,

...for the first time ever....

...this Friday...

Ban Ten People Before Sundown.[/b]

NOONE IS SAFE.[/b]

(freedom of speech b/w watch what you say)

YES!
    I hope someone picks me!

What about this one

bigspliff, tecumseh's being sarcastic. he's a well known guy on the scratch dj tip... bigchan, and deerock can attest to it.

Thanks well I fell for it, but wasn't quite convinced enough to get all militant and hit reply!

cheater.

Sorry:

cheater.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    cheater.

Sorry:

cheater.

cheater.

Sorry:

cheater.

joke n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
    A mischievous trick; a prank.
    An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
    Informal.
    Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
    An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

v. joked, jok??ing, jokes
    v. intr.
    To tell or play jokes; jest.
    To speak in fun; be facetious.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Seriously though, a lot of these newer posters need to lurk and see how the forum functions before posting.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    cheater.

Sorry:

cheater.

joke n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line. [/b]
    A mischievous trick; a prank.
    An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
    Informal.
    Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
    An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

v. joked, jok??ing, jokes
    v. intr.
    To tell or play jokes; jest.
    To speak in fun; be facetious.

• Seriously though, a lot of these newer posters need to lurk and see how the forum functions before posting.

Well, at least you 'big dudes' are making it really hard with that attitude which the whole forum seems to have. Ok, there's ground rules to be learned and the whole social acting, but still you should be a bit more open minded. Maybe you should see some of us 'little dudes' as a good thing for the whole forum and not make a common mind or opinition about all of us. Maybe we all ain't that bad...

Ok, now you start pointing fingers at me, or my typos or something, but I'm not going anywhere.

And hey, what's the deal with this don't lurk attitude, if it's now tutored to lurk before posting

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    where'd you get that title, playa?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I didn't say that all new posters were bad. There are several (I can't think of names right now) that are bringing shit and contributing like everyone else does. It's just that if you come to somewhere new on some hostile shit and expect everyone to tolerate you, shit ain't gonna happen. All this megahypergetyourpostcountup shit is not a good look. I don't think anyone really dislikes new posters for the specific reason of them being new, but rather because a lot of them think this is an MP3 request site, a place for them to get sample spots, or spout their self-righteous bullshit that no one really cares about. Just read shit for a bit, drop some knowledge, do some trades, and everything will be cool.

• opinition

• I didn't say that all new posters were bad. There are several (I can't think of names right now) that are bringing shit and contributing like everyone else does. It's just that if you come to somewhere new on some hostile shit and expect everyone to tolerate you, shit ain't gonna happen. All this megahypergetyourpostcountup shit is not a good look. I don't think anyone really dislikes new posters for the specific reason of them being new, but rather because a lot of them think this is an MP3 request site, a place for them to get sample spots, or spout their self-righteous bullshit that no one really cares about. Just read shit for a bit, drop some knowledge, do some trades, and everything will be cool.
    I totally agree with you on this.

• opinition
    Nice one Can you now give me some lessons?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What is going on here?
    So what exactly make you a big dude?

Mostly the fact that I don't:

ask stupid questions and get all defensive when someone pulls my file.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I didn't say that all new posters were bad. There are several (I can't think of names right now) that are bringing shit and contributing like everyone else does. It's just that if you come to somewhere new on some hostile shit and expect everyone to tolerate you, shit ain't gonna happen. All this megahypergetyourpostcountup shit is not a good look. I don't think anyone really dislikes new posters for the specific reason of them being new, but rather because a lot of them think this is an MP3 request site, a place for them to get sample spots, or spout their self-righteous bullshit that no one really cares about. Just read shit for a bit, drop some knowledge, do some trades, and everything will be cool.

• where'd you get that title, playa?

Fall back, Son.

He pays to post here.

(Right?)

Seriously though, a lot of these newer posters need to lurk and see how the forum functions before posting.
    Well, at least you 'big dudes' are making it really hard with that attitude which the whole forum seems to have. Ok, there's ground rules to be learned and the whole social acting, but still you should be a bit more open minded. Maybe you should see some of us 'little dudes' as a good thing for the whole forum and not make a common mind or opinition about all of us. Maybe we all ain't that bad...

Ok, now you start pointing fingers at me, or my typos or something, but I'm not going anywhere.

And hey, what's the deal with this don't lurk attitude, if it's now tutored to lurk before posting

Let's be clear: Little Dude does not = new poster

• opinition
    Nice one
    Can you now give me some lessons?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    but a lot of the new posters are "little dudes"

• Hey ya'll

I'm not ashamed of my little dudeness and that I have been buying records seriously for less than a year.

Hopefully some of us new bloodz can contribute interesting things to this site such as bantering about overlooked 80's records, NHL talk, and rants about our local stores listening stations. Sorry, but I have nothing to contribute to deep dish pizza and popeyes side order threads :-D

Yours truly,
    l*ttled*de

• Let's be clear: Little Dude does not = new poster

So are a number older posters.

2 (relative) newbs that kick ass are bellcity and jorjelopezruiz.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

So are a number older posters.

2 (relative) newbs that kick ass are bellcity and jorjelopezruiz.
    see but the older posters are hidden little dudes while the newer posters are just out in the open and shit.

i dont even know what the fuck im talking about anymore

Hey ya'll

I'm not ashamed of my little dudeness and that I have been buying records seriously for less than a year.

Hopefully some of us new bloodz can contribute interesting things to this site such as bantering about overlooked 80's records, NHL talk, and rants about our local stores listening stations. Sorry, but I have nothing to contribute to deep dish pizza and popeyes side order threads :-D

Yours truly,
    l*ttled*de

Don't worry; these are not the sentiments of a little dude.