legit honeymoon spots w/ flea markets

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
plaese to post some legit honeymoon spots with flea markets. (excluding buffalo that is.)

Comments

• Dude, SF! One of the world's top vacation destinations and lots of great rackord stores (read: they don't call him "Cool Chris" for nothin').

And congrats on your wedding. I got married in SF in August and stayed at a B&B around the corner from Amoeba the night of. The morning after, we bought records with cash from the money dance. Felt like a !!!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Dude, SF! One of the world's top vacation destinations and lots of great rackord stores (read: they don't call him "Cool Chris" for nothin').

that worked for me!

Plus, go to Vegas, there are a couple good stores and lots of stuff to do, both on the strip and off.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    plaese to post some legit honeymoon spots with flea markets. (excluding buffalo that is.)

Brazil

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Congrats! Yeah dude, we'd show you a good time and good records in SF. Don't neglect the new wifey too much though, unless you had an all DJ wedding ala Ross Hogg and Neta here and digging comes with the territory for both of ya.

Hey Birdman, I'll be in Vegas this weekend for a bachelor party... what are some good spots? Not sure if I'll have time though with all the raging. Vegas Ferrari is quite the spectacle

DJ Ferrari

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Congrats! Yeah dude, we'd show you a good time and good records in SF. Don't neglect the new wifey too much though, unless you had an all DJ wedding ala Ross Hogg and Neta here and digging comes with the territory for both of ya.

Hey Birdman, I'll be in Vegas this weekend for a bachelor party... what are some good spots? Not sure if I'll have time though with all the raging. Vegas Ferrari is quite the spectacle

DJ Ferrari

The purple shack Record City
    (702) 457-8626 4555 E Charleston Blvd # 102
    Las Vegas, NV Map

I am pretty sure this is the one, there are a bunch, but each has a specialty, this is the one that has the most collectible, most all vinyl selection...heavy on jazz. Call the # and make sure, and ask which ones might have what kinda stuff.

Vegas headz will know more spots, maybe PM Tonearm_Robbery or Guzzo.

• yeah i gots to get back to sf...been there recently (within the last 2 years), but haven't dug at GM or amoeba in about 7 or so.....i got good records at both!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

DJ Ferrari

The purple shack Record City

(702) 457-8626 4555 E Charleston Blvd # 102

Las Vegas, NV Map

I am pretty sure this is the one, there are a bunch, but each has a specialty, this is the one that has the most collectible, most all vinyl selection...heavy on jazz. Call the # and make sure, and ask which ones might have what kinda stuff.

Vegas headz will know more spots, maybe PM Tonearm_Robbery or Guzzo.

This question always comes up and you'd probably (not) be amazed at home many PM's I get about this.

Record city can be good but its a chain and they load all the good stuff onto the 2 stores on Sahara about a half mile to the east of Las Vegas Blvd. The stores are on either side of the street. I wouldn't recommend bringing wifey there though cause its dirty and dingy and the area looks ghetto as fuck.

I have a soft spot for my old workspot Big B's on Maryland Parkway (A block north of Tropicana) best overall music selection in town, extremely great for used CD's and you can come up on vinyl too depending on how recently tonearm_robbery & friends have racked it.

Across the street from Big B's is the hiphopsite storefront. It's like a better version of Fatbeats LA in my opinion. Some old wax can be found upstairs.

NateBizzos favorite spot is and most others most hated is Wax Tracks (I think on Sahara? I'd check the phonebook to be sure). Highly overly expensive but there is good stuff. yet another place I'd keep the wifey away from.

Have fun and report your finds or your soft

• Have fun and report your finds or your soft

sir yes sir

• Wifey let me include a show as part of the honeymoon...

Get a goldmine or some shit and see whats going on that week/weekend