REST IN POWER

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    damn man

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    theres a stretch of freeway named after her I pass everyday, I will say a prayer while driving it tomorrow

she was a woman that truly sparked change, America is forever better for her having been here

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    man.

tonight?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    RIP indeed. this is a thread that deserves to go 6 pages, not some debate about nba clothes. anyhow, what's crazy and sad to me, is how recent she had to do what she had to do. we're not talking centuries ago. and what i admire most, is i'm sure when she did what she did, she didn't have an intention of becoming an iconic figure, those are people that should be idolized...not people knowing they've got a camera to back them up!

in addition to that, i hope people dont think "oh that was back then, we're a much tolerable society nowadays". no we are phucking not. we're just not as blatant about it.

RIP.

• that picture is incredible. she has an expression on her face that i could write a hundred pages about... dignified, righteous...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    She died? I'm out of the loop.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    that picture is incredible. she has an expression on her face that i could write a hundred pages about... dignified, righteous...

My thoughts exactly. That right there? That's the face of a hero.

RIP

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

in addition to that, i hope people dont think there won't be a need for actions like Rosa Parks's again and again and again and again until the rancid, stinking pile of bullshit piled on top of the oppressed in this country is finally shoveled away, making room for honest-to-god freedom[/b]

• Saw that on the news late last night. Ultimate respect...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    RIP indeed. this is a thread that deserves to go 6 pages, not some debate about nba clothes. anyhow, what's crazy and sad to me, is how recent she had to do what she had to do. we're not talking centuries ago. and what i admire most, is i'm sure when she did what she did, she didn't have an intention of becoming an iconic figure, those are people that should be idolized...not people knowing they've got a camera to back them up!

in addition to that, i hope people dont think "oh that was back then, we're a much tolerable society nowadays". no we are phucking not. we're just not as blatant about it.

RIP.
    Very well put.

• A true hero. Rest in peace.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    RIP.. I hope she is never forgotten

• somehow her work will be continued. it has to.

rest in peace.

• RIP.

I feel like a real bastard for asking this, but is her right eyeball kinda looking in a different direction in that picture? Anybody else see that?

Anyways, that lady had guts. More than me, thats for sure. The thing is, when she took a stand, she didn't know it would make her a hero, right? I mean, at the time I'm sure she didn't even think that anybody would ever even know except the people on that bus, but she did it anyways. There was nothing to gain from that except her own self respect. Thats guts.

• Dignified and Trailblazing

Rest In Peace

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    A true hero. Rest in peace.