Diamond D Appreciation Thread

Comments

• that was the past and the future will be better, pass the moet and sip the cream ammerretta

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I agree with all the props given to Diamond in this thread, and I'd further like to add that he's the man for making a hook out of:

"Although I hit a pound of herb I'm still nice with the verbs...so fuck what'cha heard!"

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I agree with all the props given...

• anybody remember a cat named Shorty long...had a vid called Shorty doin his own thang....the beat was bananas and featured the whole ditc crew...ive never come across the 12" though im sure it exists...couldve been a buckwild production...

• "oh shit yo what the fuck is this yo?"

"yo thats that shit i was tellin' you about kenyatta"

"whats this whats this?"

"yo thats that sadat x diamond d & lord finesse piece"

"oh okay ah-ight ah-ight"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

Diamond is one of the dopest producers ever!!!! Also, cat has RIDICULOUS flavor on the mic and a dope voice as well. I love all of his LPs, nuff said. Oh yeah, and "I overcome hurdles like Edwin Moses..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• no one mention the track on the fugees 'the score?'

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    [color:red]ahh man![/color]

that[color:red]'s the [/color] shit.

[color:red] I said wait baby hold you horses... [/color]

Yo me and my man Bee was at the Record Exchange in the early 90's looking for a record by Lloyd Lindsay Young called "Hello"... I felt like such a dick when I figured that one out.

• anybody remember a cat named Shorty long...had a vid called Shorty doin his own thang....the beat was bananas and featured the whole ditc crew...ive never come across the 12" though im sure it exists...couldve been a buckwild production...

I remember that video, only saw it like twice. It was a Lord Finesse track.
    Here's a Diamond D sleeper track: the remix he did for that song from the Panther Soundtrack: flips the heck outta these Milt Jackson vibes and then blends in the "NT" horns..incredible.

• Does anyone have a copy of the video for F- What You Heard that they made with some leftover budget money? DITC chillin' on a ferry smoking blunts if I remember my Rap City correctly. Only copy I had got cut off by the usual god damn ad for AC LIMOSUINE (who the hell were the providing transportation for, prince dejour?) Anyways, I lost that VHS over the years regardless.

• ive got copies of just about every video that came on rapcity/ yo from 89-95. just transferred em to dvd too...

• make me a copy! ill paypal you some moneys for postage and dvdr.

• "break down rappers like they had cystic fibrosis"

Stunts, Blunts, and Hip-Hop was one of the first hip-hop cassettes I ever bought.

Diamond D numero uno!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    best diamond verse eva,:"yo it's the mad magician with the ill deposition/no repetion/holding down bronx tradition/my composition/simply sqaush the competition/step up + get beat into a submission/..... dude definitly rhyme in my book.

• ch-ching!!
    holla

• pm'd

• Yes let me reiterate: one of the greatest of all time no doubt. Give it up for my man.

i will agree...also one of the greatest sweaters of all time. see deep crates for reference.

• best diamond verse eva,:"yo it's the mad magician with the ill deposition/no repetion/holding down bronx tradition/my composition/simply sqaush the competition/step up + get beat into a submission/..... dude definitly rhyme in my book.

whas that from??? dope!!!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    best diamond verse eva,:"yo it's the mad magician with the ill deposition/no repetion/holding down bronx tradition/my composition/simply sqaush the competition/step up + get beat into a submission/..... dude definitly rhyme in my book.

whas that from??? dope!!!
    his verse from "day one".

• got that somewhere too. i kind of faded on a lot of hiphop around that time.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    all this appreciation, but did any of you guys buy any of his last like 5 albums?

...Didnt think so.

Did anyone even listen to grown man music?

I like diamond though. Dude filtered mad basslines in his day.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    all this appreciation, but did any of you guys buy any of his last like 5 albums?

...Didnt think so.

Did anyone even listen to grown man music?

I like diamond though. Dude filtered mad basslines in his day.

I liked "Grown Man Talk" too. I've been wanting to flip that Marvin Gaye sample ("Just to Keep You Satisfied") for years, but never did (too obvious, I guess).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    anybody remember a cat named Shorty long...had a vid called Shorty doin his own thang....the beat was bananas and featured the whole ditc crew...ive never come across the 12" though im sure it exists...couldve been a buckwild production...

Yeah, that 12" is dope. It was released in '94, I think.. has 'Shorty's Doin' (sampling Sadat X from the '... Shit Is Real' 12", I think? "Shorty's doin' his own thing, the man with the knife...") on one side and 'My Peoples' on the flip. As mentioned above, it's a Finesse beat on 'Shorty's Doin'.
    The single was reissued/booted a few years back, so should turn up pretty easily.

He also did a follow-up single (You know It's Good Baby/Let's Get It All) a few years on, produced by Mike Smooth (Finesse's DJ).

---

As for Diamond... well... anything from him (and DITC) pre-95 was something I'd buy without even having to listen to it beforehand. His first album blew me away, completely. Took me years to cop the vinyl of that one.
    I have the official promo VHS of 'Best Kept Secret' somewhere at home. I'll try and find it!

• anyone got the "big red" 12?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    anyone got the "big red" 12?

I got one of them a while back... there are about three different bootleg pressings of that, so watch out for the 'MASTERDISK' stamp on the runout...
    I always liked that 12", even though 'Created A Monster' seems about two verses too long. Diamond's verse on 'How They Want It' is nice too.

• whats all this surgery/operations you lot are saying Diamond had?

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Diamond is dope nuff said!

Im a bit of a new jack but stunts & blunts was the 1st hip hop lp i bought when i got my turntables.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bomp

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Also posted this in the album thread, catch his new live band "Champion Sound" from Prague rehearsing for the live show. Tomorrow they're on Berlin. Wish I could go...

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    yeah he just posted this: ya ass will KNOW when its noon in this small quaint town.....LMAOOO