IMPOTENT RAGE

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited October 2015 in Strut Central
share your impotent rage here:

the influx of speculators and dudes looking for a quick score who have no interest in music is annoying beyond fucking belief. please, ruin some other pastime.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

All the serious shit going on in the world, and the utter bullshit of western politics. I don't have a tv, so I avoid real seething and just try to avoid getting drawn in to reading too much online news. Politics aside, the environmental problems really do scare me.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the influx of speculators and dudes looking for a quick score who have no interest in music is annoying beyond fucking belief. please, ruin some other pastime.

THE HUSTLE IS REAL. STREET WEAR (SUPREME), SNEAKERS, ETC.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    guns scare me more...or perhaps what scares me even more than guns is the fact that there is a massacre in the states every month or so and it's still not enough to motivate any real changes to the gun laws. the nra has the states in a death-grip.

At the risk of sounding like one of those gun-obsessed individuals who always argue "he could have used a fork or a pencil!" right on cue and possibly getting heat for saying so on a left-leaning message board, but more feel-good laws (magazine capacity limits, longer waiting periods, etc) won't do anything, sadly. Anything short of a complete ban on firearms with nationwide confiscation (isn't going to happen) is just closing the barn door after the cows have escaped. Guns, the technology to make them, the means to obtain them and, above all, the urge to kill other human beings have existed much longer than the creation of this country, the relatively recent phenomena of "mass shootings" and the 24 hour instant news cycle always eager to cover them.

Why can't those on both sides of the fence wait until the corpses have cooled to room temperature before these events get exploited for political gain? No wonder Infowars jerk offs get the wild impression that these incidents are "hoaxes".

RE: the NRA...in my opinion, vilifying them is on the same level as making Planned Parenthood out to be baby killers.

I'm also mad that no one in these small towns where most of these "mass shootings" occur and everyone knows each other's business never seem to notice anything unusual about the perpetrator beforehand. A firearm doesn't give a sane, well adjusted person magical telepathic voodoo impulses to murder several people. There are warning signs and people sometimes choose to ignore them. Either that, or they are liberally prescribed psychosis inducing medication.

Electrode said:

I'm also mad that no one in these small towns where most of these "mass shootings" occur and everyone knows each other's business never seem to notice anything unusual about the perpetrator beforehand. A firearm doesn't give a sane, well adjusted person magical telepathic voodoo impulses to murder several people. There are warning signs and people sometimes choose to ignore them. Either that, or they are liberally prescribed psychosis inducing medication.

I think this is exactly why the rest of the civilised world bans guns. You can't tell if the postman is crazy, if the pizza delivery boy has been bullied for 10 years, or if the mechanic has lost his livelihood and blames the Chinese. You can't tell what people under stress will do beforehand. Not even in Minority Report!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    share your impotent rage here:

There is no future on speculating on records. I know that everyone is running around buying and selling records, but with out knowledge and passion a person wont last 6 months doing that.

The latest high profile mass murder is in my state.
    As are numerous past mass shootings.

I am old and I have memories.
    I remember when we basically had one gun law. No machine guns. It was passed in the 1920s and was opposed by no one.
    Sawed off shotgun laws also go way back.
    The next gun law put controls on cheap small caliber handguns (Saturday Night Specials). There was no opposition. The NRA supported the legislation.

Back when I was a kid the NRA's main concern was gun safety.
    They taught gun safety classes. Often to groups like the gun club at my high school in liberal Montgomery County MD.

Since those days things have changed. Dramatically.
    Hunting rifles and shotguns are much the same.
    But today we have automatic large caliber handguns and long guns.
    We have large clips and hollow point bullets.
    These are new items whose appearance on the market coincide with NRAs new policy of opposing any and all gun laws.

These new weapons; the movement away from gun safety, from common sense laws, toward a culture that owns guns not for sport, but for use against others, leads directly to these kinds of shootings.

BTW, mass shootings do not happen every month or so. They happen weekly in the USA.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Developers who are buying up the farms near me and building these toothpick housing developments can get the gas face. Totally ruining my landscape and raising my taxes.

• The central casting Sheriff who's been grabbing all the facetime on TV over these Oregon shootings is the same NRA-slurping fascist motherfucker who wrote to Joe Biden after Sandy Hook blustering about how he and his deputies wouldn't enforce any new federal gun control laws.

Fuck him and everyone like him.

Nice thread, Crappy.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    RAJ said:

Developers who are buying up the farms near me and building these toothpick housing developments can get the gas face. Totally ruining my landscape and raising my taxes.

Oh, so they're harshing your mellow then? Can you start growing a forest between you and them? (This is shades of Show Me A Hero btw.)

In terns of the gun laws in the US, it's one of those situations where it's just really shitty to have to accept democracy sometimes. Especially in places where private interests have such a large influence on governance. Sooner or later, I hope things change. Until then, it's the wild, wild west...

Edit: this is pretty thorough - http://www.vox.com/2015/8/24/9183525/gun-violence-statistics

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Do you think there's a real chance of getting shot where you live?

If I crossed the wrong people here, I'd end up getting shot, legal or not.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    How about something happening without some new law being made because of it. Maybe just once? I've personally have had just as much as I can take with laws, rules, regulations, policing, people butting their noses in and pointing fingers at others with every step they take, people chomping at the bit and basically existing just to tell other people how wrong they are about any little thing...ugh, miss me with all of that ish.

Is it Blackalicious that has that vocal sample where dude says...all of these laws on the books, and since I don't have the time to actually read what all of these laws are saying, I just gotta say: FUCK IT. ??? Anybody know where that comes from originally?

I heard this was the 48th [strong]school shooting[/strong] [em]this year[/em]? I think there should be laws against that.
    But what do I know, I live in a civilised country.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I heard this was the 48th [strong]school shooting[/strong] [em]this year[/em]? I think there should be laws against that.

I actually wasn't making my comment in response to the school shooting. But yes, there are already laws forbidding any guns on school grounds. Covered.

So how about instead of tackling at the small fish, we make laws forbidding our federal government from being the biggest arms dealer slash opportunist bully in the entire world, basically setting the tone of violence as a perfectly acceptable way of life?

Or how about all of these psycho-active drugs being handed out like Skittles? They all cite violent fits and suicide as side-effects and these mass shooters are always on them. How about a law banning those?

Or how about these video games that basically train kids to simulate real-life killing without feeling? Can we get a law to ban those?

So yeah, if new laws are going to be made, how about some that will actually help the situation?

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    RAJ said:

Mm..

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My impotent rage is toward the deluge of college students whose sole focus is gaining a credential. You'd think that having a goal and willingness to expend the necessary effort to learn course material would kill them. When did the desire for education disappear from the pursuit of higher education? No Child Left Behind has ruined U.S. education.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I feel you Stacks.
    I think the pressure to start earning a living and paying back student loans is a contributing factor. Goes a long with all the nonsense about how an English or history or art degree is a waste of time and wont get you a job. Goes a long with the idea that college should be about job training.

As for NCLB, I screamed when it was passed, and I am still screaming. A complete federal take over of the most local of institutions. Arnie Duncan has only made things worse with his push for corporate take over of education.

Lots rage there^ all of impotent.

I actually wasn't making my comment in response to the school shooting. But yes, there are already laws forbidding any guns on school grounds. Covered.

So how about instead of tackling at the small fish, we make laws forbidding our federal government from being the biggest arms dealer slash opportunist bully in the entire world, basically setting the tone of violence as a perfectly acceptable way of life?

Or how about all of these psycho-active drugs being handed out like Skittles? They all cite violent fits and suicide as side-effects and these mass shooters are always on them. How about a law banning those?

Or how about these video games that basically train kids to simulate real-life killing without feeling? Can we get a law to ban those?

So yeah, if new laws are going to be made, how about some that will actually help the situation?

I hear you.
    Just nit picking, but in some states it is legal to carry guns in schools.
    But I think your point is killing people is already illegal, so, just nit picking.
    Rest of your points have merit too.

• I heard this was the 48th [strong]school shooting[/strong] [em]this year[/em]? I think there should be laws against that.

Amen Harvey.. Pinche tweens runnin round all day dosed to the gillz on AntiD's.. and you're right-on also about society basically mirroring the violence at the top.. Trickle-down-homicide in other words..

• I heard this was the 48th [strong]school shooting[/strong] [em]this year[/em]? I think there should be laws against that.

Amen Harvey.. Pinche tweens runnin round all day dosed to the gillz on AntiD's.. and you're right-on also about society basically mirroring the violence at the top.. Trickle-down-homicide in other words..

Actually he could not possibly be more wrong. America has been a violent country from the start. The fault lies not in our government, but in our citizens and our culture.

By the way, Harvey's packing. And he may kid himself into thinking it's in case the G-men come for his pennies, but the real reason is that it fills a gun-sized hole in his little Harvey soul.

And we have a hundred million or so Harveys here.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    sucks to be that Needle Drop youtube record review dude right now:

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/music-vlogger-anthony-fantano-mistaken-for-oregon-shooter

Actually he could not possibly be more wrong. America has been a violent country from the start. The fault lies not in our government, but in our citizens and our culture.

By the way, Harvey's packing. And he may kid himself into thinking it's in case the G-men come for his pennies, but the real reason is that it fills a gun-sized hole in his little Harvey soul.

And we have a hundred million or so Harveys here.

Well.. exactly! I'm saying the violence is inherent in the culture as the populace will mimic what our government essentially does on the daily - kill at will. Also remember that this "Great American Experiment" is one that has simply run amok in many ways. As James Baldwin once said and I will quote loosely - America is the greatest country, and that is why I must continue to criticize her - something like that anyway..

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Goddamn ebay buyers winning auctions and never paying for their items.
    You can't leave buyers negative feedback as a seller and unpaid item strikes seem to do nothing. Fucked if i can see where they appear on some one's profile.
    Almost 30% of my auctions end in a non paying bidder. Your item is then lost in a vortex for eight days while an unpaid item case is opened.