Dope (The Movie)

2»

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    does this mean it will soon be cool to tell people you saw Blankman in the theaters when it came out?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    does this mean it will soon be cool to tell people you saw Blankman in the theaters when it came out?

When that happens...call me Mile Davis.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    First time I was on the fence, but then I saw it a second time with my crew of OG ("Old Guy") 90s Hip Hop geeks and really dug it. The use/interaction of "Scenario" ("bring it back, come, rewind!" and "boom from the cannon!") was, ahem, DOPE, especially considering the bootleg Busta Rhymes character they used. The SAT teacher's and Chuck D's overlapping YES!es ("Rebel Without A Pause") was good too.

Also, didn't think I would like ASAP Rocky in a west coast movie. The part where he called out main dude's ...Nation Of Millions and Blueprint release date errors was funny.

Really cool that the director brought back the Stacey character from The Wood too. (Same director both movies.) As we used to say, that dude is hoooard. "Aks about Stacey!" Ha ha.

Not fair to make Zoe look EXACTLY like her mom. Admiring her kinda made me feel like a creepy old perv.

Batmon, are you that old dude constantly updating to current slang, getting laughed at behind your back by the young dudes in the neighborhood?? Or do you stick with the tried 'n true (and equally old, outdated yet classic) "cool?" I'm sincerely curious. It really trips me out how much "dope" bothers you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Herm said:
    First time I was on the fence, but then I saw it a second time with my crew of OG ("Old Guy") 90s Hip Hop geeks and really dug it. The use/interaction of "Scenario" ("bring it back, come, rewind!" and "boom from the cannon!") was, ahem, DOPE, especially considering the bootleg Busta Rhymes character they used. The SAT teacher's and Chuck D's overlapping YES!es ("Rebel Without A Pause") was good too.

Also, didn't think I would like ASAP Rocky in a west coast movie. The part where he called out main dude's ...Nation Of Millions and Blueprint release date errors was funny.

Really cool that the director brought back the Stacey character from The Wood too. (Same director both movies.) As we used to say, that dude is hoooard. "Aks about Stacey!" Ha ha.

Not fair to make Zoe look EXACTLY like her mom. Admiring her kinda made me feel like a creepy old perv.

Batmon, are you that old dude constantly updating to current slang, getting laughed at behind your back by the young dudes in the neighborhood?? Or do you stick with the tried 'n true (and equally old, outdated yet classic) "cool?" I'm sincerely curious. It really trips me out how much "dope" bothers you.

Cool didn't come from hip hop its general slang.

No one young or old in my hood uses Dope.

Take that to the mall.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    batmon said:

Take that to the mall.

batmon said:

Take that to the mall.

You didn't answer my question.

Herm said:
    batmon said:

Take that to the mall.

Your comparison to Cool is wrong. So I'm not going to break this down for someone who doesn't get it.

Feel free to use the search button for i have discussed this before.

C.O.R.N.Y.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yo, Herm...

batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:

Take that to the mall.

Your comparison to Cool is wrong. So I'm not going to break this down for someone who doesn't get it.

Feel free to use the search button for i have discussed this before.

C.O.R.N.Y.

So "cool" is the only slang word you use? Well, it's not even slang at this point but you know what I mean.

For that matter, "dope" isn't a slang word at this point either.

Hello there, Harvey! That whole album is dope. Thanks for sharing!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    40ish dudes debating the usage of "dope"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I saw a thing the other day that said early 90s rap is the new dad rock.

Given the inordinate amount of brain space I use to hold my knowledge of early 90s rap, I could not mount an effective counter-argument.

DB_Cooper said:
    I saw a thing the other day that said early 90s rap is the new dad rock.

Given the inordinate amount of brain space I use to hold my knowledge of early 90s rap, I could not mount an effective counter-argument.

That article was in the Houston Press and it was horrible. The chick who wrote it kept referencing mini-vans. Besides, like many of us need to "re-discover" old school rap, as if we ever stopped listening to it.

BOOGIEMONSTERS!!!!

This is how we chill from 93 til...

parallax said:

Pretty hip n' nifty, eh?

HarveyCanal said:

I guess well no longer see Kangols/adidassuits/Cazals/ costumes anymore.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Raposaurs

JectWon said:
    parallax said:

Pretty hip n' nifty, eh?

Haha!

Word.

batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

It's become a suburban white woman Halloween costume. There's no going back from there.

parallax said:
    JectWon said:
    parallax said:

Pretty hip n' nifty, eh?

Haha!

Word.

SoulStreezy...dishin out only the freshest, most beautifullest, mega cray'cray', on fleek fashion and slang dope..

JectWon said:
    parallax said:
    JectWon said:
    parallax said:

Pretty hip n' nifty, eh?

Haha!

Word.

SoulStreezy...dishin out only the freshest, most beautifullest, mega cray'cray', on fleek fashion and slang dope..

LOL!

*like*