Gear advice

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited April 2015 in Strut Central
I rarely ever work on music anymore, but I like the idea of it. I'm generally too tired (work and young kids). I've been thinking about upgrading, just for fun. I have an mpc 2000 and have always used that, but recently bought a Maschine for this teen music thing I did at the library. I liked Maschine.

They've got the Studio version on sale this month. I've been thinking about getting one, but I'd also have to get a new computer. Then I just realized if need some sort of audio in for sampling.

My question is, anyone have a Maschine Studio and think it's worth it over the regular version? Also, what should I get to use for an audio in? I'm trying to keep it simple, but also don't want to run through the 1/8" mic.

Thanks

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Oh, and the library owns the Maschine, not me. I'm not asking about upgrading from on to the other. I personally own neither.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I have the NI Komplete Audio 6 audio interface and I've been pretty happy with it. It seems to handle most things you'd want in small home setup.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    I was recently looking into this coming from a very similar background (mpc2000) and the advice I was given was to go with either the akai renaissance or studio (if you're on a budget) as the workflow is similar.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    In my experience coming from a long time mpc2000 user, I have found the modern hardware/software combos (maschine, akai Renaissance) to be completely laborious.

Either use straight up software or your existing hardware imo.

If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I recently started working on music again and I'm using ableton live and I love it. But I have to use all my old samples because I don't have an audio interface.