Soulman's Beautiful and Beautiful 2

LeonidisssLeonidisss 5 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
Hey Strutters,

I was am really enjoying Soulman's Beautiful mixtapes. Sure hope he will upload something of that kind in the near future.

Any chance of getting the full tracklist of the mixtapes, especially Beautiful 2. Some are completely unknown to me.

My favorite from the series:

Would be very greatful for any help.

Comments

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Yes! These mixes are absolutely flawless. Would really like to know the song that starts with the lyric: "the dusty cobwebs form a cage now"

Some of the probably more obvious tracks I recognized from the first one:
    Michele - Blind As You Are
    Honey Ltd. - Silk N' Honey
    Linda Perhacs - Hey, Who Really Cares?

and "The Seed That Grows" by Hendrickson Road House, which I can't find on youtube. Phill himself has uploaded some unreleased HRH stuff on youtube btw!

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    You can find some other track id's of part 1 in the comments section on his blog as well btw:
    https://thatrealschitt.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/soulman-beautiful/

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hi Soulstrut... there will be a Beautiful 3, I've compiled a nice amount of songs but I still need to find a few more great ones to make it complete (been saying this for the last few years). Hope to have it done, along with a bunch of other new mixes, in the next few months. We'll see. Check the Soulman World Of Beats bandcamp page periodically for updates https://soulmanworldofbeats.bandcamp.com/music (my apologies if that link isn't allowed, Raj Mahal) or just check my Phill Most Facebook page. PEACE

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Good to hear from you Phill, can't wait to hear volume 3 whenever you finish it.

• How have I not heard these???!?!?

Thanks for posting this Leonidiss!

Great to see an old strut head like Phill stop by to post!! Gonna check for these mixes over at your bandcamp now!

• Thanks for the reply and the links -unfortunately i figured them out already so nothing new here.
    Here's the song you were talking about Brainchild - Sadness Of A Moment
    Enjoy, it is truly a great song

• Been there already, but thanks. Beautiful 2 is what i am interested more - lots of obscurities for me

• thanks, glad you found the post useful.
    Enjoy - the series are really mindblowing

• Thanks Phil for stopping by. Really looking forward for the 3rd mixtape to appear. Keep it comin'.

Still super curious about one track on Beautiful 2 around minute 13. Lyrics go something like "Now we found what we've been looking for, with this song we open a new door... Yesterday we found our way, yesterday we found a new way... ".

Give us a clue at please? really desperate here Would be super grateful.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Nothing to ad here as far as record rundowns go. Just wanted to say still have a Beautiful burnt CDR in the whip and re-vist it often. Great mix series looking forward to pt 3. Please post a link when ready.