expedit question

13»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    If your expedite falls on a kid you have no one to blame but your shelf.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    If your expedite falls on a kid you have no one to blame but your shelf.
    Hahaha!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    volumen said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    if your kid is not an idiot you can actively discourage them from climbing on everything and that seems to me a way better way to prevent accidental deathing

Saying. My lady is as protective as the average mom or maybe even moreso, but when I broached the idea of anchoring the expedit against the efforts of our 13-month-old, she didn't think it was necessary. It's like lead paint in a wayÔÇöyou can spend your whole life trying to avoid it, or you can just teach your kid not to eat paint chips.

If kids weren't so stupid nothing bad would happen to them. Great argument.

Not even sure I follow you, but I'm pretty sure I don't care enough to try any more than I already have.

I can't believe I'm back here but I'm board at work. The argument is being made that you can just teach your kids not to do dangerous things and they won't which is the worst parenting advice ever. Yes you have to teach kids not to do bad stuff but you also have to protect them while they figure life out. There is a reason these shelves come with straps and the manufacture says to attach them to the wall.

However, I am glad I came back for Lazer's pun!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    volumen said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    volumen said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    if your kid is not an idiot you can actively discourage them from climbing on everything and that seems to me a way better way to prevent accidental deathing

Saying. My lady is as protective as the average mom or maybe even moreso, but when I broached the idea of anchoring the expedit against the efforts of our 13-month-old, she didn't think it was necessary. It's like lead paint in a wayÔÇöyou can spend your whole life trying to avoid it, or you can just teach your kid not to eat paint chips.

Not even sure I follow you, but I'm pretty sure I don't care enough to try any more than I already have.

I can't believe I'm back here but I'm board at work. The argument is being made that you can just teach your kids not to do dangerous things and they won't which is the worst parenting advice ever. Yes you have to teach kids not to do bad stuff but you also have to protect them while they figure life out. There is a reason these shelves come with straps and the manufacture says to attach them to the wall.

Ah. Fair enough. Don't get me wrongÔÇöwe believe in childproofing, but we just don't feel this meets the threshold of necessity. However, if my son is killed by my Expedit, I will definitely return to this thread and let everyone know.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    volumen said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    volumen said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Ah. Fair enough. Don't get me wrongÔÇöwe believe in childproofing, but we just don't feel this meets the threshold of necessity. However, if my son is killed by my Expedit, I will definitely return to this thread and let everyone know.

See, that's the sense of humor we need more of!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Expedit didn't fall on me yet

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Mike_Bell said:

It's biding it's time.

Waiting, watching... til you least expect it...

• You're not tempting enough of a prey. Do you have any small animals or children? Swedes, even their particle board offspring, are smart. They won't bite off more than they can chew.

But then again, maybe it'll take you down and make jerky out of you for future snacks.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Mike_Bell said:

It's biding it's time.

Waiting, watching... til you least expect it...

:gulp:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I am so hyped this poast is back, and that it's longer than the Furgeson one.