post the last funk 45 you found in the real world

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited July 2014 in Strut Central
ebay don't count!
a bit disco-ish for my taste but still banging

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    It's been a while

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Can't think of the name of the most recent one I've found (I'll look when I get home), but here's another recent 45 find that I'm most impressed with to the point that I'm pissed that I haven't already been playing this at parties for years on end...

• MowgliMowgli 19 Posts
    pleasantly surprised to find this recently. really digging this side..

freeee funk!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think it's this one:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Kala,

Here you go:

For the record, I have only purchased one record via Ebay. In fact, I'd estimate that about 90% of the records in my collection were copped in the field, with the remaining being purchased from online record-slangin' establishments. I'm old-fashioned, bro :real_headz:.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Here's the 45 I originally had in mind, What Ever's Your Sign (You Got to Be Mine) by Prophecy...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:

For the record, I have only purchased one record via Ebay. In fact, I'd estimate that about 90% of the records in my collection were copped in the field, with the remaining being purchased from online record-slangin' establishments. I'm old-fashioned, bro :real_headz:

I bought that Sister And Brothers at the swap meet last year for a couple of dollars only to find that there was a hairline crack through it when I got home. Great tune, but...SHIT! I hate when that happens. The band is credited to Cold Gritz, which is the same studio band on Wilson Pickett's "Right On!" and the "It's Your Thing" 45, I believe.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Last one was this:

But that was awhile ago. I need to get out there now I'm feeling better again and find some fonk 45s!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Electrode said:
    Big_Stacks said:

For the record, I have only purchased one record via Ebay. In fact, I'd estimate that about 90% of the records in my collection were copped in the field, with the remaining being purchased from online record-slangin' establishments. I'm old-fashioned, bro :real_headz:

I bought that Sister And Brothers at the swap meet last year for a couple of dollars only to find that there was a hairline crack through it when I got home. Great tune, but...SHIT! I hate when that happens. The band is credited to Cold Gritz, which is the same studio band on Wilson Pickett's "Right On!" and the "It's Your Thing" 45, I believe.

Hey Electrode,

I'm sorry to hear of your 45 mishap. It's a cool tune and thanks for the Cold Grits factoid.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

found this the other day
    Eliott - Think about it
    sorry for the shitty foto

• Not the last funk 45 I picked up but certainly the most intriguing. There's no information at all on this record, no eBay, popsike, discogs, youtube, nothing. Seems unusual for a release on such a major label. Anyone know anything about it?

It's kind of a semi-novelty tune, and the horn section isn't exactly Tower of Power, but the funk level is pretty high and its mystery gives it extra appeal. What say you?