WAIT WAIT WAIT vinyl records--remember those???

2»

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    I'm cool with the weird combo stores, but this is a goddamn new biz and I am SUPER angry about it
    Yer, record shops as retro decoration. :sick:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    batmon said:
    MiddleDean said:
    Barber Record shop seems like a nice combo

It does seem but im mad skeptical having accumulative dead skin and little hairs near vinyl.
    The maintenance would have to be exceptional to keep that shit out of the air.

omg do u even digg bro

Record shops are usually quite clean.

Diggin in some underground back room damp basement dollar bin shit is another animal, and I wouldnt be gettin' my hair cut at The Thing.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    the UV wand doesn't lie.

(I haven't showered for days though. Sitting here dripping coffee on my flip flops etc)

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    the UV wand doesn't lie.

(I haven't showered for days though. Sitting here dripping coffee on my flip flops etc)

-------------

Thank you!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm sure Japan has some places that executes this concept well.....with good music and without a hipster crowd.

• MiddleDean said:
    Barber Record shop seems like a nice combo

This exists in Brooklyn allready (Bushwick off course)

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Scott said:
    Frank said:
    prof_rockwell said:
    batmon said:
    There used to be a bar/coffeeshop/furniture/record store all in one in Brooklyn a once hot spot along the F line.

I forget the area.

Halcyon. Boerum Hill. They moved to DUMBO and got rid of the coffe shop/bar/furniture and focused on records only.

http://halcyontheshop.com/pages/about-us

"hot spot", please...
    hot like dead hobo feet... that piece of shit place was the first of many pretentious bullshit places to ruin my old neighborhood. First telltale sign of a tidal wave of shit to roll in.

Hey, we're not that bad. :(

Yeah, it wasn't that bad. It definitely catered to the more house/electronic/downtempo crowd, but I enjoyed stopping in there from time to time. I would find the more random/eclectic rap records that Fat Beats and Turntable Lab wouldn't get.

batmon: about record stores at night, there was a well known shop on I think Carmine St that used to open up when all the clubs were letting out so people could pick up the records they heard that night. This was back in the Paradise Garage days; read about in Love Saves The Day, name escapes me at the moment and I'm at work so can't look it up.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    bassie said:
    food and drinks and the general public in the same spot as records sounds like a sticky and stained mess :pasue: waiting to happen.
    I used to get real uptight seeing people flip through records with a coffee in one hand, now it'll be a coffee and crumbly muffin?

Definitely. If I were a store owner, I'd be stressed out at the thought of someone spilling their coffee on a bin of valuable records.

seen in local alternative weekly paper The Stranger, in a bartender profiles section. At this bar (we haven't discussed the name yet, "Revolutions"):

oscillations, yafeelme?

dukeofdelridge said:
    seen in local alternative weekly paper The Stranger, in a bartender profiles section. At this bar (we haven't discussed the name yet, "Revolutions"):

hey dummy it's "Revolver."

dukeofdelridge said:

hey dummy it's "Revolver."

THAT'S STILL DUMB BRO

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Silver Apples tat??????

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    There's a record store/diner in West Seattle on California Ave. Forgot the name of it...do you know what I'm talking about duke?

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Easy Street.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Dawhud said:
    Easy Street.
    That's it.

yeah I haven't been to that Easy Street in a long time but when they first opened the cafe I looked up and my waitress was the waitress from the shuttered Benbow and we were like no way because once we were in there with some crazed BMXer kids and dude straight barfed all over the table and she came over and wiped all the dude's sick into an empty pitcher and without missing a beat she goes "what'll ya have" and we lost our minds and boom there she was taking omelet orders in front of pearl jam cd's or whatever so yeah I've heard of it and RIP OG Benbow and OG West Seattle in general for that matter and Seattle while we're at it peace

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I here that Seattle just got laid off, thank you Bill Gates.