Next-level BIN moves

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
Or, at least, they would be if BIN was available.

No word on whether all the metric fucktons of chud that are sat out the back will be sorted for you, or if sorting it yourself is part of the deal.

Jokes aside, I've pulled a few bits out of there before now, and the 45s section holds more than a few gems. Not sure I'd spend 300 grand for the privilege of unfettered access to it, though.

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    this sounds like a job for THE VNYLYSHT

• "If you???re at the stage in your life when you don???t have to worry about making money"

• Horseleech said:
    "If you???re at the stage in your life when you don???t have to worry about making money"

Maybe the most honest sales pitch I've ever seen!

• ha, thought this thread was going to be about http://binfrenzy.com/

• i pulled a caesar frasier out of there for 15 quid a bunch of years back, not sure how that escaped that crumudgeon's radar. anyhow, there is no fucking way the vinyl in there is worth even 30K much less 300K. i'm thinking maybe there is about 10k of records in there and that is being generous.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Does that include the building? After 50 years, surely he must own the space too. Seems like a good deal if the real estate is included.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Looks like he is selling the business. Question isn't what is the stock worth, question is what is the business worth.

• LaserWolf said:
    Looks like he is selling the business. Question isn't what is the stock worth, question is what is the business worth.

If it's not making money then the business is most likely worthless. If he has like a 50 year lease at a ridiculous price then it might be a different story. In general, though, people trying to sell their stores as a business don't have much luck.

I doubt he owns the building, if he does he's a fool for not mentioning it in the listing.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:

If it's not making money then the business is most likely worthless. If he has like a 50 year lease at a ridiculous price then it might be a different story. In general, though, people trying to sell their stores as a business don't have much luck.

I doubt he owns the building, if he does he's a fool for not mentioning it in the listing.

Agreed all around.
    Some record stores here in Portland have successfully been sold. Most went out of business shortly there after.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    That shop is so so bad. Literally the most overpriced in London

I would very much doubt that any of the property is included there. It's behind Oxford St in Central London. Most probably a leasehold or something or a few years

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Dude has 16 pending offers. I'm guessing 15 of them are spam?

• Did that Paul mawhInny fellow ever sell his shit. Someone post that gif of him with the caption.

B/w
    The place is overpriced but hardly the worst offender in london. That spot on potebello and the sounds of the universe on berwick win that prize.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    Did that Paul mawhInny fellow ever sell his shit. Someone post that gif of him with the caption.

B/w
    The place is overpriced but hardly the worst offender in london. That spot on potebello and the sounds of the universe on berwick win that prize.

Soulbrother in Putney has to be worse than these? ??40+ for Places and Spaces. ehhhh