Attn: Euromans - Linda Perhacs is touring

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Dates here.

I'm going to this one...

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Wow. Will anyone know who she is outside of intense bearded collectros?

Just spotted the London date at Cecil Sharp House, spiritual home of all things beardy. I'm there, with or without facial scrag.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    Wow. Will anyone know who she is outside of intense bearded collectros?

I can't get over the fact that one of the most enigmatic figures in loner psych-folk this side of Anne Briggs is performing at the ne plus ultra of European techno temples*.

* - it's probably the Kantine, which is a wholly different proposition to full-fat Berghain, but you get my point, I'm sure.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Techno? Check.
    Beardy? Check
    German? Check

Here's the one other person who'll be at that show:

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Thanks, looks promising. Will go if I am in town on the 18th.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    This may be a late pass, but she has a new album out:

It's been nearly 44 years since influential psych-folk singer Linda Perhacs released her debut LP, the 1970 cult classic Parallelograms. The follow-up, The Soul of All Natural Things, is out March 4 via Sufjan Stevens' label Asthmatic Kitty. Julia Holter and Nite Jewel's Ramona Gonzalez contributed to the LP. According to a press release, they helped revive Perhacs' musical activity. Watch the video for album cut "Freely" below, directed by Kyle Safieh.
    The press release notes that, for the new record, Perhacs was inspired by the documentary Inside Bj├Ârk and Brazilian singer-songwriter Milton Nascimento (she learned about the latter artist through Devendra Banhart, with whom she collaborated on Banhart's 2007 album Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon).

I'm listening to it now. No comment yet as I'm only one song deep. It's crazy to hear new material from her.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Seems to be getting lots of press state side. Seen and heard about the new lp on NPR and NYT.