Nancy Sinatra - Boots Lp

Day Tripper: Totally > than the Beatles

It Aint Me Babe: Instr > Dylan's > vocals

Btw: In My Room 3

Lies 3

Comments

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    Eye carumba,

How does a picture of Tom Hanks (yes I know who that is) help make inferences on to the ace take of a widely covered and generally common number? If the strut doth nay rideth, Then why not let the thread lay?

Btw: I still think Jack Greene's version of Witchta Lineman is ace. :real heads:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Your first post does not appear to be an examination of cover songs, but an experimental poem on the subject.

Thank you,

Relative to the originals, I feel that at times Nancy's Lp has stronger instruments, stronger vocals, and both. I am a lazy at typing, nd thnk tht shrt hnd svs time.
    ;)

• GatorToof said:
    Eye carumba,

How does a picture of Tom Hanks (yes I know who that is) help make inferences on to the ace take of a widely covered and generally common number? If the strut doth nay rideth, Then why not let the thread lay?

Btw: I still think Jack Greene's version of Witchta Lineman is ace. :real heads:

t'were of my postulate that t'were not for the likes of a master codesmith, harkening him who lay betwixt the pages of the new york best selling scrolls dubbed 'the davinci code', the thread thou hast lay before us wouldst remain asunder.

btw.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    bassie said:
    Your first post does not appear to be an examination of cover songs, but an experimental poem on the subject.

Sayin', I was gonna ask what weed I need to interpret this.

The Vancouver tag team now and am not happy. Man yens breaking my heart and I cant keep my head. You know I'm a wicked dude and I was born with a jealous mind. I cant spend my whole life trying just to make tow that line.

• An old silent pond...

A frog jumps into the pond,

splash! Silence again.

by Basho (1644-1694)

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Don't look under the covers.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Don't judge a song by its cover.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    The Vancouver tag team now and am not happy. Man yens breaking my heart and I cant keep my head. You know I'm a wicked dude and I was born with a jealous mind. I cant spend my whole life trying just to make tow that line.

ee cummins aint got shit on you bro

Who?

I last two lines are, so as to stay true to the thread, from Nancy's cover of Run For Your Life by Lennon and McCartney. I's appreciate it if te cynics stand off.

And now in light of the irony mentioned in the EL thread.

(kidding) I'm sure you knew the last two lines were a cover.
    :wink:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    Nancy Sinatra - Boots Lp

Day Tripper: Totally > than the Beatles

It Aint Me Babe: Instr > Dylan's > vocals

Btw: In My Room 3

Lies 3

there's a dope French Canadian cover of Lies that is totally a cover of the Nancy Sinatra version, can't remember the artist right now...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts