• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Foghat - Zig Zag Walk
    Michael McDonald - If That's What it Takes
    White Snake - S/T
    Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
    Anne Murray - As I Am

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Surely whiteys are not the best judges of what the whitest album is? I mean, something that's impenetrably white may not be obvious to someone born into it. I say this as someone A4-white myself.

b/w

I await the yang of The Blackest Albums with baited breath.

I am not sure I even understand the parameters or definitions we are working under in this thread.

Being neither black nor white, colour me confused.

• any five Rush albums!

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Surely whiteys are not the best judges of what the whitest album is? I mean, something that's impenetrably white may not be obvious to someone born into it. I say this as someone A4-white myself.

b/w

how white of you to judge our whiteness

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    J i m s t e r said:

b/w

how white of you to judge our whiteness

Am I white enough for you?

bassie said:
    J i m s t e r said:

b/w

I am not sure I even understand the parameters or definitions we are working under in this thread.

Nothing to do with race, color or creed or of a look.

Just an expression I've used alot since a kid. I picked it up off my older cousin Jon saying
    "how white of you" after giving him not enough of something. Here I mean what music they embrace.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    bassie said:
    J i m s t e r said:

b/w

Just an expression I've used alot since a kid. I picked it up off my older cousin Jon saying
    "how white of you" after giving him not enough of something. Here I mean what music they embrace.

Riiiight.

• Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    bassie said:
    J i m s t e r said:

b/w

fuckin' whitey man. always keeping all the good stuff from everyone else. as evidenced in this thread.

b/w

"women be SHOPPIN' baby...... women be shoppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin'........"

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    The phrase "that's mighty white of you" or "that's so white of you" has its origins in the south during slavery. It's almost always used sarcastically, except when an idiot says it, meaning "you think you've made some noble sacrifice, when in fact you've done next to nothing to help me". Only an idiot thinks it's a compliment.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

The-gaffler said:

Ban

Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    The-gaffler said:

Ban

you don't get it. SS has given this whitey-fro sporting bastard our soul.

• Beach Boys aren't overrated, they're just whiter than Edgar Winter.
    Tom Petty is a master songsmith.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    finelikewine said:

I don't pretend to be an expert on the 3 Chairs' racial views but I know at least one of them has expressed maybe some unkind words about the pasty ones among us. Was it Moodyman? Theo Parish? Rick Wilhite? In any event, here's your boy Moodyman mixing some Whitest Boy Alive into fucking Supertramp! I'm not mad.

• Anything by this rapper:

Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Anything by this rapper:

I was gonna say EL-P too!... :-/

Am I latte pass on this?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Macklemore is insane. I cannot believe how old I really am, when I'm like "um, Slug doing the 'we're-just-doing-our-own-thing double-retro-hiphop-historian-hiphop?' Again? Really?," and I'm met with blank stares.

And the stuff I'm referencing is probably the second or third wave of that.

Even making fun of rap archetypes is a tired move (black sheep dreamt that they were hard, slaughtahouse, PFAC, etc). And those are just the first ones I heard...

It's crazy to me:

Even joking how you know EXACTLY when the drums are coming in, or the a capella breakdown, or which changes are coming where--even that's been done too much.

Shit is insane.

STILL AND YET:
    e-discussing the merits of joke-rap and its subject matter is the bastion of the old nerd. Always has been. I will try my hardest to ignore it all!

(not fooling anyone, but still)

Cornball Macklemore has surpassed cornball Mixalot as Seattle's biggest rapper. Deal with THAT, authentic-police!

• Thrift Shop is hot, I'm over the authentic.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    The White Album.

(someone had to say it)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    ^^ L@@K Page 1.

Fred_Garvin said:
    The White Album.

(someone had to say it)

What's white about The White Album? Nothing.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    bassie said:
    Am I latte pass on this?

seems to me there's a new overlyearnestshitsandwich of a rap song every day from this guy. somebody pls stop him.

He makes a good case for just because you are saying things in a rhyming manner, it doesn't make it rap. He's a pop music guy imo.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I swear, this dude is one dirty look from a black woman away from rapping about the advantages of having a tiny white penis.