HipHop is Heterosexual, Rap is Bisexual (Brand Nubian-Related)

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
This according to the god Lord Jamar. He went on an epic homophobic twitter rant and put out turd track all because Kanye wore a kilt (or "skirt" per Jamar) for the Hurricane Sandy benefit concert. He and his former colleague Sadat X have to be the biggest homophobes in hip-hop, which saddens me to no end because Brand Nubian used to be one of my favorite rap groups.

Read about it here:

http://www.vice.com/read/kanye-west-in-a-kilt-has-lord-jamar-so-hard-right-now

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Says the guy who used to appear on the homo-prison sex vehicle Oz.

• memorial
    deplorable
    adorable
    horrible

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm all for Kanye getting slapped a bit, but this is just the worst look.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    One of the defining characteristics of get-off-my-lawn-rap is its exponents' preoccupation with the wardrobe choices of other rappers. Rappers used to shout out Jordache and Gloria Vanderbilt, now it's Rick Owens and Ann Demeulemeester - the names change, but the game remains the same.

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck if a rapper wants to dress like Russell Thompkins Jr., an Argentinian hairdresser or King Jaffe Joffer. It certainly doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it's the keep-it-real four-elements Taliban who are making the most noise about this shit. Why not try making records that aren't fucking boring instead, fellas? Maybe then you'll draw some attention to yourself that doesn't involve you looking like some kind of Rap Game Archie Bunker.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    At this point, spewing this shit is one of the best ways to show how irrelevant you are.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• my favorite shit about that photo was always the albino lesbian and the two guys with groucho masks

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    my favorite shit about that photo was always the albino lesbian and the two guys with groucho masks

haha,,,i didnt notice the woman.

• you don't see DJ Kingmost wearing that leopard print/lime green combo anymore either

(wish he was here to get that burn)

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    my favorite shit about that photo was always the albino lesbian and the two guys with groucho masks

Clearly I have succumbed to the trappings of rigid traditional gender dressing and complexion titles - I am not sure who is the albino and/or who is the woman?

bassie said:
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Clearly I have succumbed to the trappings of rigid traditional gender dressing and complexion titles - I am not sure who is the albino and/or who is the woman?

The "albino" i think has the green jacket and on and the woman has on the red jacket in the back.

GET YO' TRANNY GAME UP.

My cis game is hardly on track!

Got it - thanks.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Says the guy who used to appear on the homo-prison sex vehicle Oz.

It's not gay when you're in prison.

• I don't know how/why anyone is remotely surprised to hear that LJ doesn't like "the gays."

• If I see him rolling down the street in a Tracker, I get the fuck outta the way

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I don't know how/why anyone is remotely surprised to hear that LJ doesn't like "the gays."

I'm more surprised that he thinks anyone would give a shit.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    I don't know how/why anyone is remotely surprised to hear that LJ doesn't like "the gays."

I know right?!? The dude's down with Nation of Islam and the 5%ers. Why would you think anything different? Go relisten to "Punks Jump Up" again. I think he's pretty clear.

Its sort of a latte pas thing for me. Hes been sayin shit like this and cats in the street have been callin Kanye Rap Fag Shit for a while.

And other rappers have taken that stance as well. As fucked up as it is.

Will Bitches, Fags, and Niggas ever leave the lexicon?

• batmon said:
    Its sort of a latte pas thing for me. Hes been sayin shit like this and cats in the street have been callin Kanye Rap Fag Shit for a while.

I hope not.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    batmon said:

I hope so.

• LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

I hope so.

Why must everything be politically correct? There rappers not role models.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nothing has to be politically correct.
    I just don't like hearing those words. Except I use some of them sometimes, and they can be used appropriately.

But I don't like hearing people being called any of those words, especially by people who have the public's ear.
    But that's just me.

I'd be more than happy to hear a lot less of any of those words, but I do prefer clear recognizable derogatory BS words over derogatory BS characterizations dressed up as the standard and /or reality that we see weaved into everyday life in movies, TV, ads, etc.

Using those words in one's personal life may not have the same impact as when public figures use them, but it still normalizes them and deems them acceptable.

No one I know who listens to rap uses those words/imagery.

bassie said:
    No one I know who listens to rap uses those words/imagery.

Do your Reggae friends have this issue?

Can't say I consider it an issue to not use those words lol

I do know people who have beliefs/worldviews that are associated with those words, but to answer your question, no, they don't use those words/imagery.

Has Reggae progressed past using fag,bitch,nigger?

There's a lot of different branches of reggae - for example with roots/conscious reggae, the music is about community, positivity and upliftment.
    The majority of Jamaican music has not and does not use that language, like everywhere else.

The n word and bitch are just not as common, though patois words which convey similar sentiments pop up in some dancehall.
    Fag and homophobia are there, but given JA laws and that it is beginning to fuck with artists' livelihoods as far as touring, etc. goes, it is a more complicated conversation.