Laura Mvula

King.LeweyKing.Lewey 66 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
Thanks for some of the video link/names here, I love me a bit of retro soul but don't know enough of the history (unfortunately) to get involved in this discussion. That said, Alice Russell linked to this singer on her FaceBook a while back and I absolutely love this song. The autotune is an odd choice - there's a BBC live copy on youtube and you can see how it's really not needed - but then again who am I to judge, where's my music video?!

Comments

• Edit: Seems the link did work (it also seems I pressed 'new topic' and not 'reply', hence the post starting out saying thanks for the vids... should have been a reply to the retro soul thread).

• Laura is incredible! Definitely a singer I'm checking for right now...such a strong voice and a gorgeous spirit that shows through her music.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

• h2o.for.cocoa said:
    Laura is incredible! Definitely a singer I'm checking for right now...such a strong voice and a gorgeous spirit that shows through her music.
    I agree! It seems her album drops March 4th; her website has pre-sale CDs but nothing about vinyl, fingers crossed she presses to wax...