Easy all...

2»

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Steed, What's up duke? Glad there's another FLA head up in here. The legend of Juan Solo proceeds itself. What's your favorite Popeye's side item?

• Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
    Ahh yes, Steed has found the board!

#TatameVets

Juan Solo is infamous, ayyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    King.Lewey said:
    bennyboy said:
    King.Lewey said:
    skel said:
    Harvey, Brighton is not only 99% white, it's 99% gay too.

I AM THE ONE PERCENT

98%, yeah?
    I'm pretty hungover right now and haven't even got up yet so am still acting dumb... I'll just clarify outright I'm straight. Not that there's anything wrong with not being straight etc. (just sorry to disappoint!! )

Yes, two percent? See? It was a joke. I live in Brighton. Hmmm. Anyway, nevermind - Brighton to Orlando, that's a bit of a jump! How come?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Camp Town or Hoveactually?

Fiveways. THERE ISN'T A JOKE NAME FOR HERE.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Ha, no softies up the top of that hill. I lived in the red brick house on the corner of Stanford Ave and Preston Drove first year of college. And I used to visit "Norm's" house on 7 dials (coz he was subletting it to some mates)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Dolo76 said:

one of my few regrets in life is not setting foot in his shortlived store. i think it was called the Funkshop? if it looked anything like his house, that place must have been amazing.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    Dolo76 said:

one of my few regrets in life is not setting foot in his shortlived store. i think it was called the Funkshop? if it looked anything like his house, that place must have been amazing.

The Funk Shop was the hang out for a minute. Super small and crammed with various samplers, drum machines, crates, old electronics, and art supplies. In the end it ended up being more of a storage facility/ hang out spot then a business. We had a few record swaps out there Spent many afternoons there grilling and drinking brews. Solo's house is the ultimate man cave. Here's a video from a record swap out in front of The Funk Shop:

SportCasual said:
    Ha, no softies up the top of that hill. I lived in the red brick house on the corner of Stanford Ave and Preston Drove first year of college. And I used to visit "Norm's" house on 7 dials (coz he was subletting it to some mates)

Ah, I know that house, right opposite the co-op. There's some odd people coming in & out of there! And of course, just opposite the lovely Stanmer Park pub, a nice venue. Any stories from Norm's house then?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Co-op? I had to check google street view to see. There were no Coop in my day. We had to walk down t' Sainsburys in rain. And I swear it did rain every single day from Oct to Dec first year I was there. And Forfars! Except it used to be round the corner on Ditchling and wasn't a fancy FRESH one, unless that's how they all look now. Forfars are fucking brilliant (all of them). They did the egg salad sandwiches on a big roll where they cut it round in a spiral for better filling distribution. And the ladies were very motherly. They probably staved off malnutrition for me. Stanmer was alright for a fast pool table and I think they had bar billiards. Not first choice by any stretch.

No stories about Norm's house really. It was just a bunch of Zap casualties living there. Except one of them was just getting started with Sk*nt records. (My DJ name sort of kind of comes from a party they once had). I bumped into him a year or two later at the gayest night at Sound Factory NY. A bit of mutual "what the fuck are YOU doing here?"

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    :hijack:

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Um, did anyone else get that it was a joke?

Frankly, I was getting sick of all the "Soulstrut Revival" shit.
    "Welcome!"'s been said on this board like 700 times in the past two weeks alone.
    I thought I'd mix it up (with a joke). I guess I succeeded. lol ridiculous man.

• Wow I started this thread 4 months ago then forgot about it! Re-read it to see two discussions going on about places I've lived, what a beast she has become...

I actually used to live in Shoreham just outside Brighton but nobody's ever heard of it so Brighton it is. Orlando way I live right out in the boonies, Polk County represent hahaha! Y-Not and Dolo what up fam, Tatame Vets indeed...

Y-Not, I don't eat at PopEye's since the first time I tried it and the chicken was all bloody inside! If I'm going fried chicken it's Publix's own or Mama Nems down MetroWest way, best soul food I've had since Johnson's on Church St back in the day.

And that video must be mad old, look at Stranger's dreads! I see Fugi, AmIAm and Juan Solo in that video too, didn't clock anyone else I know. Must have been what 05 or 06?

BennyBoy yes it seems what you said went completely over my head. As I said I was hungover which sounds like something I say quite a lot, in fact it's the reason I'm wasting time catching up on forum posts and not working right now!