Favorite Country Album covers >

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
If this doesn't sum up Waylon I don't know what does!

Comments

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    who's ever looked like this in the mornin'

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    i dont know much about country but i love this album and it has a great cover....

• pickwick33 said:

Not even country music dude, but still funny album cover. But this one on the other hand...

Juan Cocktolstoy said:
    pickwick33 said:

Not even country music dude, but still funny album cover.

Wrong - Grandpa Jones WAS country music. Was a regular on Hee Haw and the Grand Ole Opry radio show for decades. He's even in the Country Music Hall of Fame. Even though he tended towards novelty numbers, he was also well respected in bluegrass circles.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:

;blap: :bizzo:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

• Horseleech said:

Hmmmmm

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

This Buck Owens album kind of reminds me of this Ornette Coleman album

or Sunday Manoa

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:

^^^^ Awesome album, "I Walk Alone" is a great tune

A favorite DAC album of mine.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

d'uh.

• pickwick33 said:
    Juan Cocktolstoy said:
    pickwick33 said:

Wrong - Grandpa Jones WAS country music. Was a regular on Hee Haw and the Grand Ole Opry radio show for decades. He's even in the Country Music Hall of Fame. Even though he tended towards novelty numbers, he was also well respected in bluegrass circles.

I didn't say the singer Grandpa Jones wasn't a country singer, I said yodeling isn't country music... and it isn't it's native to Switzerland

Juan Cocktolstoy said:
    pickwick33 said:
    Juan Cocktolstoy said:
    pickwick33 said:

I didn't say the singer Grandpa Jones wasn't a country singer, I said yodeling isn't country music... and it isn't it's native to Switzerland

Yodeling isn't country music? I'm not doubting the origin, but you've never heard Jimmie Rodgers, have you?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Yodeling is very much country music and those are all country classics on that George Jones lp.

This photo doesn't capture how depressing that room is, the walls are concrete block.

Some many great truck driving hits packages covers.

• LaserWolf said:

This photo doesn't capture how depressing that room is, the walls are concrete block.

"hunded dollar funeral"

:dead:

• LaserWolf said:
    Yodeling is very much country music and those are all country classics on that George Jones lp.
    Sorry to tell you this but.....yodeling is just a vocal technique, it has been used numerous genres of music. It is NOT country music...the sounds of yodeling may and have been used in country music.

Yodeling has been used too much in C&W over the years to NOT be considered a part of it.

Besides, Grandpa Jones sure as hell wasn't singing any songs from Germany or the Swiss Alps on that album, even though he may have dressed the part. After Jimmie Rodgers recorded the first of his "Blue Yodels" in 1928, that kicked off a craze with all the country performers that remained in the DNA of the music for a long, long undenied time.

EDIT - duplicate post

• pickwick33 said:
    Besides, Grandpa Jones sure as hell wasn't singing any songs from Germany or the Swiss Alps on that album, even though he may have dressed the part. After Jimmie Rodgers recorded the first of his "Blue Yodels" in 1928, that kicked off a craze with all the country performers that remained in the DNA of the music for a long, long undenied time.

That'll be your little secret.....And....we're back to posting favorite country album covers.

So yodelling isn't country music, but a crossover embarrassment like Kenny Rogers is?

...so I'll just keep laughing behind your back and let it go. It's all good! Back to posting C&W album covers!

• Beautiful girl and beautiful music.

HELL YEAH!!!!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I always thought this one was kinda badass

holmes said:
    I always thought this one was kinda badass

I'm guessing this photo was taken around 1970. Waylon is obviously starting to let his hair grow, but he's still got it slicked back in the front.