What kind of beer did your old man drink when you were growing up?

2»

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Then switched to:

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    My dad used to make his own beer from kits. It was rocket fuel. The kitchen always smelled like a brewery (I guess because it was). As teenagers, two pints of it would get you there, no problemo. He used to get through 3 or 4 every night and then cycle to work at 6AM.

Ha ha, my Dad did the same thing, always a plastic keg on the side in the kitchen, filled with something resembling beer. Strong beer.

Nowadays it's Hook Norton, from a keg, from the brewery, never a bottle, never that. And this, when I remember to get it for him, so he can give me a lecture on the rights of man, every time.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    DOR said:
    This was my grandfather before he quit booze and cigarettes.

my old man had this or carlsberg (brown bottle canadian formula) around at all times. diabetes has ALSO slowed the intake to almost nil.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    Michelob was soo classy. I mean it had foil on it.

:lol:

There was a beer distributor up near the old train tracks. We'd throw steaks over the barbed wire fence for the dogs, someone would climb over and toss cases (!) which we'd catch and run away with. Good times.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Coors. In that ugly ass faded yellow can.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    My Dad and Mom both drank and smoked.

They both quit smoking cold turkey when my brother was in the oven, but my Mom smoked occasionally after he was a bit older.

They also liked vodka, which was easy to pilfer but embarrassing when I got caught and called out in front of all their friends.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Coors. In that ugly ass faded yellow can.

He's a wine guy, now... :real_headz: :the_mack:

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• Spew-City