Repo Man

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
Revisted this a couple days ago???. Still a fucking awesome movie !

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    "REPO MAN'S GOT ALL NIGHT --- DILDOS !!!!!"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    "Ordinary fucking people."

I love this movie.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    UNITED FRUITCAKE OUTLET

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    CousinLarry said:

I love this movie.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I have several times declared this my favorite movie ever. Quotes for days, memorable soundtrack. Fun to watch and just listen to the background sound - especially whenever there's a radio on in a scene. Also has hilarious commentaries on the DVD release.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    a pinnacle in 80s cult cinema, and thats saying a lot.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    "driving makes you stupid ???see"

"wasn't that otto?"

"let's go get sushi and not pay"

"it'll taste better if you put it on a plate son"

"pernicious nonsense"

"i can't believe i used to like these guys"

"someone will say plate or shrimp"

etc

can you tell I love this movie?

get the 2006 dvd with some sweet extras

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    Quite possibly my favorite movie ever. I've seen this movie more than any other (quite possibly over 20 times). Too many great lines to pick a favorite.

"Repo Man is up all night every night!"

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Flipping mellonfarmers.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

there's one in every car

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Yes.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    love it

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    GREAT movie! He used to host a show late night on BBC where he would show all kinds of crazy old movies. He has also written a book on Italian Westerns that you should pick up if you have an interest in the genre....

http://www.amazon.com/000-Ways-Die-Directors-Spaghetti/dp/1842433040/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1336507721&sr=8-3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/features/alex_cox_interview

• Matt AdoreMatt Adore 51 Posts
    Love it.

Is there a complete tracklist anywhere on all the music used in the film? I have the soundtrack but it seems some are missing.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    GREAT movie! He used to host a show late night on BBC where he would show all kinds of crazy old movies.

Yep, as a youngun extremely interested in films he basically opened my eyes to what was out there with this series. Remember him showing everything from The Man With The X-Ray Eyes to Alphaville to Les Diaboliques to Q-The Winged Serpent.

Oh yeah, cosign on Repo Man as well, really need to rewatch it again soon though it wouldn't feel the same not viewing it on the crusty old VHS.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    Junior said:
    Big_Chan said:
    GREAT movie! He used to host a show late night on BBC where he would show all kinds of crazy old movies.

Yep, as a youngun extremely interested in films he basically opened my eyes to what was out there with this series. Remember him showing everything from The Man With The X-Ray Eyes to Alphaville to Les Diaboliques to Q-The Winged Serpent.

Oh yeah, cosign on Repo Man as well, really need to rewatch it again soon though it wouldn't feel the same not viewing it on the crusty old VHS.

Series was "Moviedrome" IIRC. Had em all on VHS. He would do about 20 minutes talking about the film which shortly followed the evening's entertainment. Some I liked, some I was like "Meh..." but vive la diff and all that. Props to him for taking a counter-commercial stance. I found "Repo Man" itself to be a bit, uh, shambolic in places although I'd probably like it more now as I a lot more cynical. We were watching all manner of "Video-van" straight-to-VHS affairs back then...

Anyone else seen (off the top of my head):

Questor Tapes
    Zone Troopers
    Doll Man
    Ragewar of the Xcalibr8
    Ninja III : The Domination
    Ninja vs Mafia

?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    [
    Zone Troopers
    Doll Man

Dear god yes. Massive fan of Full Moon and Charles Band in particular. Tim Thomerson is a legend in my household - I think it's a toss up for his best performance between Dollman and Trancers.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    lets do some crimes.