Question about a certain record on Celluloid Records

finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
Last saturday I was at a fleamarket where one dude was selling off parts of his record collection. I was pulling all kinds of heat but dudes records where not all for sale, he wanted to keep some. Of course It where the ones I wanted the most.... :cry:
One of them was an album on celluloid, which had no artist name nor album name written on it. It showed the torso of a man printed in black and white. Over his eyes was a red bar.
That record looked quite interesting. Unfortunatly I don't know what it was. I can't find it in the oneline celluloid discographies either.
Does anyone have a clue what I had in my hands?

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Sorry, I can't help you with your request. Just asking myself why would somebody carry stuff to the fleamarket that he's not willing to sell. What kind of a bullshit move is that? Having stuff for sale, letting people dig through them and then telling them "No you can't have these."

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    disco_che said:
    Sorry, I can't help you with your request. Just asking myself why would somebody carry stuff to the fleamarket that he's not willing to sell. What kind of a bullshit move is that? Having stuff for sale, letting people dig through them and then telling them "No you can't have these."

Very frustrating, to say the least.... Especially because I was waiting for him to unload all the boxes for 2 hours. It was incredible how slow he was... Every five minutes he took a rest and smoked a cigarette or he had a chat with the other sellers. As time was tight I couldn't check the rest of the market.
    He had a truck full of records, I guess about 5000 records. Probably he didn't even had a clue what was in there. When anyone pulled a record that looked interesting to him, he decided to keep it. I thought It was the dig of life until I gave him the stash to price them. :dodododo:
    But in the end I did quite well.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    double post

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Where did all that happen? Is Bayreuth a place to look for records? Still unexplored secret stock of G.I.-Disco Modern-Boogie Gold?

disco_che said:
    Where did all that happen? Is Bayreuth a place to look for records? Still unexplored secret stock of G.I.-Disco Modern-Boogie Gold?

Yes it was in Bayreuth. I guess over here it's not better or worse than anywhere else in Germany. From time to time you strike gold...
    But not far away there is the biggest american army base in europe (Grafenw??hr). I'm wondering since a long time how to get my hands on all
    the heat the soldies left behind in the 60s and 70s. I already contacted the military radio station and asked for old records. Unfortuantly they
    were all disposed a long time ago.

BTW it was this one, I was looking for:

Thanks anyway!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    Last saturday I was at a fleamarket where one dude was selling off parts of his record collection. I was pulling all kinds of heat but dudes records where not all for sale, he wanted to keep some. Of course It where the ones I wanted the most.... :cry:
    One of them was an album on celluloid, which had no artist name nor album name written on it. It showed the torso of a man printed in black and white. Over his eyes was a red bar.
    That record looked quite interesting. Unfortunatly I don't know what it was. I can't find it in the oneline celluloid discographies either.
    Does anyone have a clue what I had in my hands?
    Sounds to me like "indoor life"
    I found it along with the entire 99 records catalog at a park slope stoop sale one day. Cool record. I used it on galactic convertible music