Camron Shot In DC!!

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Rapper Cam'ron Shot Three Times In Washington, DCBy Nolan StrongDate: 10/23/2005 4:30 am Superstar rapper Cam???ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com. The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper???s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.???They were after that car,??? an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. ???Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.???Cam???ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.???Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,??? the source said.Cam???ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005."I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. ???Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license. Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press DAMN!!!!!

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ???They were after that car,??? an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. ???Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.???

Shit, I was just ridin
    Wasn't even thinking 'bout collidin
    But I kept seeing the same headlights running stop signs and red lights
    I done prepared myself to die if it's my time to go
    He said "you know what it is, you done seen it before"
    It's sad, of course I'ma be mad
    Well here you can have it god dammit if you want it that bad
    You would try to take from me, my nigga I ain't no star
    B>I value both of our lives more than this car/B>
    You lucky nigga, I used to be you
    Shit and I'd bust a hole in your chest somebody could see through
    Now remember, shit, you could've died tonight
    And I would've been in the right
    I ain't even pissed you could just drop me off at the house
    Cause I ain't really dying by nothin like this

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Doe this mean Cam can now join G-Unit?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Doe this mean Cam can now join G-Unit?
    Three times won't even get you a try-out

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Rapper Cam'ron Shot Three Times In Washington, DC
    By Nolan Strong
    Date: 10/23/2005 4:30 am

Superstar rapper Cam???ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.

While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper???s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.

???They were after that car,??? an eyewitness told AllHipHop.com. ???Cam refused to give it up and attempted to drive away and they shot up the car.???

Cam???ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.

His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.

???Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,??? the source said.

Cam???ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005.

"I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. ???Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."

In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license.

Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press

DAMN!!!!!

Hey,

It's unfortunate what happened to Cam'Ron, but his reaction to being carjacked was STUPID!!! Fuck material shit, live is much more valuable. What does that say about his (lack of) character to place a sports car above his own life on some ole' cousin Harold-type shit? Pathetic.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Hey,

It's unfortunate what happened to Cam'Ron, but his reaction to being carjacked was STUPID!!! Fuck material shit, live is much more valuable. What does that say about his (lack of) character to place a sports car above his own life on some ole' cousin Harold-type shit? Pathetic.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

big stacks, it was a BLUE LAMBORGHINI!

• Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

big stacks, it was a BLUE LAMBORGHINI!

I don't totally disagree with Stacks, but I also don't think it was that strange a choice by Cam'ron, given all the shit he and other rappers talk-- you're kind of expected to act like superman. I mean, if he had just gotten up off his shit, can you imagine the dis records that would have followed?

File under: when keeping it real goes wrong. It sucks that he got shot.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rapper Cam'ron Shot Three Times In Washington, DC

By Nolan Strong

Date: 10/23/2005 4:30 am

Superstar rapper Cam???ron was shot three times in Washington, DC this morning (Oct. 23) sources have revealed to AllHipHop.com.

The Harlem, New York native was leaving club H20 en-route to Love (formerly Dream) when three unknown gunmen approached the rapper.

While details are sketchy, eyewitnesses said the men were seeking the rapper???s pricey Lamborghini, which he was driving while in town for a performance over the weekend.

Cam???ron was struck three times and while officials have not released his actual status, sources said at least one bullet struck the rapper in the arm.

His injures are allegedly not life threatening and the rapper was treated at Howard University Hospital.

???Juelz, Jim [Jones] and other Dip-Set members are with him at the hospital right now,??? the source said.

Cam???ron, CEO of Diplomat Records, has been driving the blue Lamborghini since at least June of 2005.

"I bought the Lamborghini especially for New York," Cam'ron told a 106 & Park audience prior to being arrested. ???Because we figure that we can only see stuff like this in Miami, but I am bringing it to the streets of New York."

In July, police in Harlem stopped the rapper and arrested him while driving the Italian sports car for driving with a suspended license.

Officials at Howard University Hospital declined comment and police did not comment at press

DAMN!!!!!

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I don't think anyone that wasn't there--and certainly nobody that's proceeding only on the details provided by some fifth-hand account posted on allhiphop--can really comment on how Cam handled the situation. None of us can even be certain that Cam actually was shot at this point.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Just to play devil's advocate here, if you're out there all flashy shouldn't you expect to get flashed on? ANYBODY rolling a fucking Lamborghini (sp?) outside of their spot should be ready for someone to try and vic them.

• Options
    Just to play devil's advocate here, if you're out there all flashy shouldn't you expect to get flashed on? ANYBODY rolling a fucking Lamborghini (sp?) outside of their spot should be ready for someone to try and vic them.

You really believe this?!

K.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

K.

In this case? Yes.

The first part anyway. I should have said anyone who rolls a Lamborghini in hoody urreas.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

K.

In this case? Yes.

The first part anyway. I should have said anyone who rolls a Lamborghini in hoody urreas.

DREAM is in the warehouse district on NY Ave, not Chevy Chase but not exactly the Trinidad 'hood over there. It's crazy busy around there, but stuff has popped off there before.

Let's not forget that Cam was the victim here, not the perp.

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Did you not watch "Menace II Society"? Helllooooooo...

"I ain't goin' out like no chump."

• dayday 9,611 Posts

K.

In this case? Yes.

DREAM is in the warehouse district on NY Ave, not Chevy Chase but not exactly the Trinidad 'hood over there. It's crazy busy around there, but stuff has popped off there before.

Let's not forget that Cam was the victim here, not the perp.

By no means am I saying dude deserved to get shot. What I am saying though, is if that were me and my whole persona is all about being seen and making noise ("look at me i'm wearing pink! look at me i'm driving a car that costs more than your house!" etc.), I'd expect to be a target at some point just because that's the nature of people.

And again, anyone that puts themselves out there with flashy shit is asking to be robbed. My whole point of all this is that it's no surpise it happened.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    From another message board:

had to work the dreaded howard homecoming last nite. the whole weekend, starting with friday nite was off the chain. the usual fights & man with gun calls filled the airwaves. most of it was over with by the time any officers arrived on the scene. a few calls for shots fired from moving vehicles at other vehicles as they drove down the street. nothing panned out. there was a murder, drug related, & away from homecoming festivities. there was a burglary also, dude got caught & the fam was safe.

then...

saturday nite hit like a ton of bricks. shootings, robberies, stabbings, fights, & any other type of violent crime happened. most notibly, cam'ron was shot as he sat at a traffic lite in nw dc. thats right, i said cam'ron...the rapper. he took 2 hotballs to the biceps. they were in & out wounds. someones out to get him fo sho! hes not had great luck while in the hood in dc. a few years ago he was robbed of all his jewelry & beaten a few blocks from a dc niteclub run by mark barnes. matter of fact, cam was coming from marks other club last nite when he got shot! go figure! palya needs to stay the fuck outta dc, cuz folks are gunning for him. why do i say this? this is why...if youre sitting at a traffic lite, minding your business, & 2(two) gunmen walk up on both sides of your car & begin to fill it full of bullets, someone doesnt like you & is trying to hurt you seriously. nah mean?

hes going to be fine, not life threatening injuries. but now hes got new shit to rap about!

peace muhfukkahs!

From the same guy:

thats not true. i was there. it was not a carjacking. carjackers dont shoot out the windows of the car they want with the driver still in it. carjackers tell you to get out of the car. they dont get out of their car, walk to yours & open fire without saying a word. cam'rons entire entourage was with him following in several different vehicles. thats a good public relations story so he doesnt come off as being the intended victim of a homicide.

And again, anyone that puts themselves out there with flashy shit is asking to be robbed. My whole point of all this is that it's no surpise it happened.

Surprise? No. I agree.

But dude, "asking to be robbed" = blaming the victim. Maybe not as bad as the, "why did she wear that skirt? She was asking to be raped." but it's in the same ballpark.

What I want to know is:

How do you get surprised by two would-be assassins and only get shot through the arm? How come Pac and Biggie couldn't have gotten these two?

And just a prediction: Cam'ron's either going to be mad humble about this near-death experience...

...or come back more arrogant than ever.

(Bet on the latter)

hes not had great luck while in the hood in dc. a few years ago he was robbed of all his jewelry

"Puhleaze. Check me, all the jewels are here, they ain't go nowhere. Stop lying to these fucking people. Stop. I'm the truth, man. But what I am going to do? I'm going to double up. I'm going to put eight rings on one hand, I'm going to wear 42 chains. I'm going to get another hole in each ear and I'm going to start rocking FOUR EARRINGS at one time. I'm coming out dolo!"

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Surprise? No. I agree.

But dude, "asking to be robbed" = blaming the victim. Maybe not as bad as the, "why did she wear that skirt? She was asking to be raped." but it's in the same ballpark.

I'm just being realistic. Would you roll up wearing a $200,000 chain in another city and not think "hmm...this might get me fucked up?".
    And as terrible as it is to say, some things people do, do invite bad things to happen to them. Including dressing provocative in certain situations/places.

Is it wrong? Absolutely.

Is it real? Definitley.

This isn't fantasy land here.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Odub are you investing in chains and ice now? Sik!

Hah, I am guessing there will be a massive "ice" backlash that is akin to the gold to medallions trend in the late 80's through early 90's.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    hes not had great luck while in the hood in dc. a few years ago he was robbed of all his jewelry

"Puhleaze. Check me, all the jewels are here, they ain't go nowhere. Stop lying to these fucking people. Stop. I'm the truth, man. But what I am going to do? I'm going to double up. I'm going to put eight rings on one hand, I'm going to wear 42 chains. I'm going to get another hole in each ear and I'm going to start rocking FOUR EARRINGS at one time. I'm coming out dolo!"
    I'm feelin' that.

I'm feelin' that.

Mylatency:

That's a direct quote from Camron on a now-infamous PCutta mix-CD.

Ah, I am sleeping on some of that Cam / Dips stuff. I'm just too lazy to buy or download all their fany mixes. Ugh

??? Huh?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    You gotta really think about things like this, do you think Cam would be stupid enough to drive a $250,000.00 whip through DC by himself? The first thing I was wondering was where was Jimmy Jones because I know he would have got his goonie goo goo on! As stated the dips were around in other cars. Now yes when "flashing" you may bring attention and it's not especially "Asking" to get robbed but by the same token you should double think that a dude like that just may have a nice means of protection on him and or a serious crew close by. Violence is everywhere, it's nothing new and everyone should know by now how DC gets down. It's too bad it happened but it did. I love the dips they represent the street and do what they do, yeah some of the rhymes are suspect and some of the beats are wack but they have a few ill joints as well. I like their swagger though.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Yeh I dunno, Cam talks alot of trash and between that and flossin like he does he is going to get got at some point when he goes to another hood. People want to test Rappers to see if they are what they proclaim to be. Same reason Mobb Deep keeps getting their chains snatched, same reason alot of rappers get robbed.

And of course Cam is never going to admit he got beat down, its the same reason cats pay alot of money so pictures of their stolen chains get passed around. They have their rep to protect.

My friends that visit LA all take off their chains etc. when coming through. They know that even little shit will get the attention of someone who doesn't give a fuck, and in their eyes they just don't want to fuck with it.

It sucks though and I hope Cam is ok. I don't wish that type of shit on anyone.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

It doesn't say anything about his character. He does show he has some balls. Whether it was an entirely INTELLIGENT decision is another matter. Intelligence and character are not the same thing.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

It doesn't say anything about his character. He does show he has some balls. Whether it was an entirely INTELLIGENT decision is another matter. Intelligence and character are not the same thing.

Yo Arcadian,

I have to disagree. To put your life in jeopardy for a material good is just plain superficial and materialistic, hence, a lack of character. I WOULD put my life in danger to save the lives of those I love, but if someone pointed the gat at me, they could have the Envoy. What do you think GEICO is for? Fuck the bullshit!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i hope you're okay, killa

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Yo Arcadian,

I have to disagree. To put your life in jeopardy for a material good is just plain superficial and materialistic, hence, a lack of character. I WOULD put my life in danger to save the lives of those I love, but if someone pointed the gat at me, they could have the Envoy. What do you think GEICO is for? Fuck the bullshit!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

What about sticking up for your property and what is rightfully yours? You don't think that deserves some respect? Don't get me wrong. In that situation I probably would have given it up. I probably would have also had the foresight to get a tracking device built into the car and a remote kill switch and just killed the engine a few blocks away and gone and picked up my car.

foresight to get a tracking device built into the car and a remote kill switch and just killed the engine a few blocks away and gone and picked up my car.

Also, Cam could have lo-jacked that shit and then traced down the car with a couple gully MFers, ym?

But as people pointed out, this may not have been a carjacking at all but rather an attempted murdaaaaahhhh.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Surprise? No. I agree.

I'm just being realistic. Would you roll up wearing a $200,000 chain in another city and not think "hmm...this might get me fucked up?".
    And as terrible as it is to say, some things people do, do invite bad things to happen to them. Including dressing provocative in certain situations/places.

Is it wrong? Absolutely.

Is it real? Definitley.

This isn't fantasy land here.

I don't know if day is trying to play the bizarro role here but I wholeheartedly agree.

If you floss your shit and brag on your shit long enough someone is gonna try to gank you for it.

real killas move in silence.

how many of y'all put on your most flashy shit to hit the hood?
    how many of y'all do it without thinking twice?