Gunman vs Shooter

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    You guys are wild. And if you really wanted to be down "floral print shirts" would be called aloha shirts and definitely not Hawaiian shirts.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    You guys are wild. And if you really wanted to be down "floral print shirts" would be called aloha shirts and definitely not Hawaiian shirts.

I will even wear the shirt of your choice. Hell, you can have a t-shirt made that says "Yeah, that just happened" so when the white folks look at me all confused after I yell at them, they will be reassured that that did, indeed, just happen.

• SOULSTURT INTERNATIONAL RIOT TEAM: LEI'D TO REST edition

it will be beautiful. THX PTRCK

It is on like Donkey Kong. Those fucking Haoli's won't know what hit them. And I am going to get absolutely smashed on beverages served in coconuts. That happens in Hawaii, right? The coconut beverage thing?

• "a limey, a canuck and a guy from bahston walk into a bar..........."

they might not have enough mai tai's to make it past lunch on the first day.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• HAWAIIAN NAME GENERATOR

let's get this shit poppin' for my name ain't "Kale Konane"

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I'm down for a 'vacation' on Brian's coin provided Cooper can grease that bouffant up into a Jack Lord coiffure and Jimster gets to shout 'you sound white' in a deep Mancunian nasal whine at every passing howlie.

Anyways, won't all the beach waitresses be ordered by the king to blap us passing whiteys as a welcome gesture? Maybe that's Tahiti.
    Same thing, no?

skel said:
    I'm down for a 'vacation' on Brian's coin provided Cooper can grease that bouffant up into a Jack Lord coiffure and Jimster gets to shout 'you sound white' in a deep Mancunian nasal whine at every passing howlie.

Anyways, won't all the beach waitresses be ordered by the king to blap us passing whiteys as a welcome gesture? Maybe that's Tahiti.
    Same thing, no?

I have no idea who Jack Lord is, but fuck it. This is National Lampoon's Soultrust Hawaii Vacation 2012. I'm down for anything. Brian, will we still be required to yell at the white people if we're blapping them? Because that may be considered poor form.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Freedom is the key to Pandora's Box and once that shit is out you can't put it back in.

Short of going door to door, at gunpoint, and taking the 200 million legally owned guns away from the citizens of the U.S. what kind of law do you think could possibly prevent a crazy person from killing innocent people.

"Gun Control" seems like an honorable cause to get behind but I'd like to hear a reasonable and logical law that could be passed that would have stopped just one of the mass killings that have plagued our country.

I don't own a gun and never will so I don't have a problem with any/all gun laws, I just can't think of a damn thing that can be done that would actually prevent these tragedies at this point.

I think we'd be much better off addressing things like how to better deal with mental health issues.

b/w

It does seem strange to hear an Administration who gave away assault weapons that were subsequently used in murders talk about stricter gun control.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

It does seem strange to hear an Administration who gave away assault weapons that were subsequently used in murders talk about stricter gun control.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The responsibility on men to register for selective service only reaffirms our constitutional right to bear arms. Non-enlisted men over the age of eighteen are just one big latent militia.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    It is on like Donkey Kong. Those fucking Haoli's won't know what hit them.

Thymebomb13 said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Freedom is the key to Pandora's Box and once that shit is out you can't put it back in.

Short of going door to door, at gunpoint, and taking the 200 million legally owned guns away from the citizens of the U.S. what kind of law do you think could possibly prevent a crazy person from killing innocent people.

"Gun Control" seems like an honorable cause to get behind but I'd like to hear a reasonable and logical law that could be passed that would have stopped just one of the mass killings that have plagued our country.

I don't own a gun and never will so I don't have a problem with any/all gun laws, I just can't think of a damn thing that can be done that would actually prevent these tragedies at this point.

I think we'd be much better off addressing things like how to better deal with mental health issues.

b/w

I suppose it would if you buy the Fox News bullshit that says Fast & Furious was authorized at the top.

Otherwise, it doesn't sound strange at all. It sounds like the right thing to do.

In the U.S.the term Administration refers to the Executive Branch of our Government which includes the Department Of Justice.

Rockadelic said:

There's a tendency towards "can't" here. I thought you dudes lived in a can-do country.

B/w

Obstacles are things you only see if you take your eyes off the prize

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    skel said:
    waitresses be ordered by the king to blap us passing whiteys as a welcome gesture? Maybe that's Tahiti.

Actually, IIRC, it was the mutineers from The Bounty that were were immediately noshed off by the Tahitian women. It was the de facto greeting for returning.... er.... seamen. True story.

No wonder they didn't want to come home.

b/w

Tahiti is nice this time of year...

skel said:
    Rockadelic said:

There's a tendency towards "can't" here. I thought you dudes lived in a can-do country.

Let's look at all the things we can do...

We can press the Magic Gun Button that will make all 200 million+ guns in our country instantly disappear.

We can pass very strict gun laws like they have in Chicago where there were only 192 shootings last month/

We can make it illegal to ever buy a gun from this day on and just have the 200 million guns that are currently owned in circulation.

We can ask every gun owner to voluntarily turn in their guns, maybe even pay them to do so.

We can go door to door at gunpoint and confiscate 200 million + guns from their owners.

I'm all ears for any other solutions but I'm realistic enough to recognize that closing the barn door after the horse is already out does little good.

vintageinfants said:
    HAWAIIAN NAME GENERATOR

let's get this shit poppin' for my name ain't "Kale Konane"

Mine is, apparently, "Kane Kai" - I think they are short on ideas in the 50th star.

Mine is Kale Kane.

This pattern is either a pithy comment on the homogeneity of Hawaiian naming conventions or evidence of a shitty algorithm.

Rockadelic said:
    skel said:
    Rockadelic said:

We can press the Magic Gun Button that will make all 200 million+ guns in our country instantly disappear.

We can pass very strict gun laws like they have in Chicago where there were only 192 shootings last month/

We can make it illegal to ever buy a gun from this day on and just have the 200 million guns that are currently owned in circulation.

We can ask every gun owner to voluntarily turn in their guns, maybe even pay them to do so.

We can go door to door at gunpoint and confiscate 200 million + guns from their owners.

I'm all ears for any other solutions but I'm realistic enough to recognize that closing the barn door after the horse is already out does little good.

Then feel free to accept the status quo of occasional kiddie massacres.

• Rockadelic said:
    skel said:
    Rockadelic said:

Save that pessimistic shit, I'm with Skel.

The reaction from a lot of sides on this has been to throw your hands up, and say, "Well, we had a good run. Too bad the guns are going to mow us all down."

This is a hard problem. It will take a real solution, and real enforcement. But, to say we can't do it, or to throw out glib scenarios suggesting how fucked we are is just pathetic.

Rockadelic said:
    skel said:
    Rockadelic said:

Realistically, we'd be looking at stricter legislation, stronger enforcement, and a generous buyback program. It won't stop people from killing each other, and it won't stop people from doing it with guns, but it will make it harder for people to do it with guns, and it will reduce the overall incidence of gun violence. The Australian buyback program demonstrated that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this press conference is incredible on so many levels

gareth said:

Save that pessimistic shit, I'm with Skel.

Fair enough, give me something to be optimistic about.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    skel said:

Then feel free to accept the status quo of occasional kiddie massacres.

Exactly. I'm not prepared to say that since all gun violence can't be stopped, then we should do precisely nothing.