jean shorts/ jorts GL or NAGL

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Is it possible to wear jean shorts and not look like a total dork?

Comments

• As long as your sac isn't hanging out...

• probably not.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    ladies yes.

dudes

no

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DAISY DUKES ON THA LADIES THAT'S IT

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    DAISY DUKES ON THA LADIES THAT'S IT

thread ovar

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Only if you're a never nude.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    ladies yes.

dudes

no

homeboy has a whole lot more to worry about than his jean shorts.....thats all I'm sayin.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    growing up in AZ now living FL jean shorts have always been the norm

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    NO

NO

YES

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    NO

If you're going to wear jean shorts don't stuff six cell phones and a pack of cigarettes into each pocket.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I rocked jean shorts for years until one girlfriend insisted they were NAGL
    so strongly that I went cold turkey. Haven't worn a pair in years.

These were like knee-length carpenter joints, not roller-skating in the
    park peek-a-boo "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" shorts, btw.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    It could be cool if it was 1978 and you were jumping into a lake from a tire swing after popping some juicy fruit gum into your mouth. But in the post relaxed fit era, proceed with caution.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

Not feeling her elbows.

No seriously. Take a good look at those elbows. Look hard.

Weird right?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    It could be cool if it was 1978 and you were jumping into a lake from a tire swing after popping some juicy fruit gum into your mouth. But in the post relaxed fit era, proceed with caution.

b/w

Moutain Dew.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    You dudes are crazy.

growing up in AZ now living FL jean shorts have always been the norm

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I run em...one pair. I cut dickies pants into shorts because I'm too old to get actual Dickies shorts in my waist size (gigantic shorts-R), and did it with some old jeans. I dig the fringe. NOT SO MUCH THE MANGE, THO.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    cargo shorts and a frisco jersey is like mandatory summer wear.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    well, duh...

AND A BATTING GLOVE.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

b/w

Moutain Dew.

Can't fathom that you found this!!! I love youtube

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    ONLY IF YOU'RE THIS MAN......OR IF THEY CAN EFFECTIVELY HIDE YOUR THUNDER!!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    no matter what you wear if you are a dork then you will still look like a dork.....nothing wrong w/ denim shorts..

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Cut-offs are back in among the tight jeans set in my neighborhood. My guess is they can't find short equivalents of tight jeans, so they're improvising. Clever little devils.

b/w

Take the Delorean back to '88 and you'll find me rocking some jean shorts. Not in this decade, though. Or the next.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Come to think of it, in '88 I was also pushing a fixed-wheel bike and wearing garishly colored clothes.

PROTO-HIPSTER?!

Apparently, I was ahead of my time. I was also 10.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In the mid 90s, during the height of grunge, I cut my own jean shorts and they would fray and shit. Rocked that with a flannel tied around my waste and Hi-Tec hiking boots.

I was boldly addressed by a female that it was NAGL. Confused, and unable to go back to Umbros, I wore jeans in the summer until I discovered the godsend known as Cargo Shorts.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Jean shorts are a GL if (a) they are NOT cutoffs, (b) they are approximately knee length (or a little longer), and (c) they are baggy (i.e., not nuthuggers). Here's an example (though they're not jean shorts), but I don't rock mine this long (and minus the boots) since I'm not 19 years old:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Hey,

Jean shorts are a GL if (a) they are NOT cutoffs, (b) they are approximately knee length (or a little longer), and (c) they are baggy (i.e., not nuthuggers). Here's an example (though they're not jean shorts), but I don't rock mine this long (and minus the boots) since I'm not 19 years old:

Totally different animal.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Seems like Jorts get the SS seal of approval in different regions of the country. I wore some baggy carpenter jean shorts last weekend and got a lot of shit for it while hanging out with the guys. Fortunately another friend showed up with a huge wart on his forehead and he ended up taking the heat for the rest of the weekend.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If you are Dan Cortese, yes.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Cut-offs are back in among the tight jeans set in my neighborhood. My guess is they can't find short equivalents of tight jeans, so they're improvising. Clever little devils.

Seriously, what the hell is up with this? I've noticed it too.
    You're giving them too much credit though. They're actually buying them like that from Urban Outfitters. No joke, I've seen them there.