F*ck YOU NEW ZEALAND: child abuse related

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Today is a sad sad day for my country.b, 21b, 21how the neighbours stood by i will never know. This story had me in tears.b, 21b, 21Child murder case shocks NZ courtb, 21b, 21Two New Zealand men have been convicted of murdering a three-year old girl, after months of torturing the child.b, 21b, 21Wiremu Curtis, 19, and his brother Michael, 22, face life sentences for the murder of Nia Glassie.b, 21b, 21Nia died of brain injuries in hospital on 3 August 2007, two weeks after suffering fatal kicks to her head.b, 21b, 21The judge in the four-week trial, Judith Potter, wept as she delivered the sentence and thanked similarly shaken jurors for coping with the case.b, 21b, 21 b, 21That they didn't speak out in time is something family members and neighbours will have to live withb, 21Cindy Kirob, 21Children's commissionerb, 21Nia's mother, Lisa Kuka, 35, who was in a relationship with Michael Curtis, was found guilty of manslaughter for failing to protect her child.b, 21b, 21Nia's cousin Michael Pearson, 20, and Michael Curtis's partner Oriwa Kemp, 18, were found not guilt of manslaughter but were found guilty of child cruelty charges in the complex case.b, 21b, 21New Zealand's Children's Commissioner Cindy Kiro told local media that there had been some consolation for the toddler's tragic death in the fact that justice had been served.b, 21b, 21Catalogue of abuseb, 21b, 21The court heard details of horrific abuse inflicted on the three-year old:b, 21# She had been kicked, beaten, slapped, jumped on and held over a burning fireb, 21b, 21# She had been put into a clothes dryer spinning at top heatb, 21b, 21# Wrestling moves copied from a computer game had been practised on herb, 21b, 21# She had been folded into a sofa and sat on, shoved into piles of rubbish, dragged through a sandpit half naked, flung against a wall and dropped from a height onto the floorb, 21b, 21# And she had been whirled rapidly on an outdoor rotary clothes line until she was thrown off.b, 21b, 21At one point, she was left lying unconscious for 36 hours without medical attention.b, 21b, 21'Wider guilt'b, 21b, 21Neighbours who saw some of the abuse have told reporters they will live with the guilt of not having informed the authorities sooner.b, 21b, 21Court officials said they had been shocked at how some witnesses found the level of violence in the home to be normal.b, 21b, 21Prosecutor Fletcher Pilditch said investigators could find no obvious motive for the abuse other than bullying.b, 21b, 21"She was bullied in the worst kind of way. She was singled out, for what reason we do not know," he said.b, 21b, 21"Both family members and neighbours were aware of the neglect and abuse Nia was subject to," Children's Commissioner Ms Kiro said in a statement.b, 21b, 21"That they didn't speak out in time is something they will have to live with."b, 21b, 21Click here to see the faces of these two tough guys and the mother that watched it all: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10543756/a1

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Man please delete thisb, 21b, 21Can't read it, too painful

• this is similar to the "baby p" case thats all over the Biritish press at the moment --- highly depressing reading.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    the difference between this and the Baby P case is that nobody contacted the authorities here. Baby P was seen by 28 different professionals (social workers, doctors and police) and was still allowed to be tortured to death at home.b, 21b, 21fusk is wrong with the world.

• As a loving father of a 3yr old that story deeply saddened me. b, 21b, 21You know that they will receive brutal bashings in prison as scumbags always like to think there is someone lower than themselves and in this case this is about as low as a human can go.b, 21b, 21bring on the primal retribution

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    humanity is only as strong as it's weakest link

• Good to see that some justice is served, I was following this closely before I left the home country. I believe that New Zealand has one of the highest rates of child abuse in the world, although i'm not entirely sure this is correct.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    In East Texas they have a special punishment for this type of trash.b, 21b, 21It's called the "flaming tree stump"

• jesus f*cking christ I did not need to see this this morning.....

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    This sort of shit happens too often. Damaged people who are ill-equipped to deal with children being let run amok with babies. Sickening. Every year there seems to be something like this crop up. Like the guy who was putting tomato sauce on his dog's shit & feeding it to the baby he was "looking after". Messed up. New Zealand's child abuse problem is no joke. What an achievement to be among the world leaders in child abuse & youth suicide. Not cool.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    that's just completely f*cking wrong. b, 21b, 21Reminds me of baby Brianna Lopez here in NM. 6 month old baby that was raped and thrown up to the ceiling and not caught by her mom and dad and uncle. plus the mom bit her all over her body. sick shit. and I think they only got like 18 years in prison. the whole story is hereb, 21b, 21http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/The_short_life_and_brutal_death_of_Baby_Brianna_076886b, 21b, 21there's a special place in hell for fucks like these.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    deeply disturbing

• dark0dark0 61 Posts
    There's a similar case going on near my city. b, 21b, 21http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2008/11/14/7406091-sun.htmlb, 21b, 21It's unbelievable.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    there is no godb, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21as a working unmarried dude i would willingly take care of a kid to avoid this type of situation b, 21b, 21why god why?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Yeah I was reading this yesterday. made me sick. Where are all the tuff guys Ive met from NZ... they better sort these low life CUNTS in jail.... and I expect them to cop 10 times worse....The papers should have published the photos of these monsters.. And the mother... that bitch should be burned alive.... b, 21b, 21And F*ck the neighbours and family, hope they feel so guilty they live a long and depressed life, how the F*ck you gonna see a little kid get abused and not do nothing?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    another shit thing is they'll probably be seperated from general prison population & be out in a couple of years for good behaviour.