MUSIC YOU LISTEN 2 WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE A.M.

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I know some of you are on some mystical yoga man ritual schitt since you are some lucky 12-10ers or something but I grind a 9-5. This means I need some get up and go. Fox 6 Chrissy Russo telling me the weather and traffic, this is okay. I put on a Love record and mute the TV. Making the protein banana and strawberry smoothie takes 6 mins with cleanup, tops. Then it's clothes, grooming and out the door. Deal. What do you listen to in the morning? Any LPs on repeat on some wake me up before you go go?Milton Nascimento is also good morning music. Actually it's good 24/7/365. You know this.

Comments

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    i wake up to a cd i made of songs such as: "stop, look, listen" - marvin & diana, "i choose you" - willie, "silly love song" - enchantments,... keeps me happy, until i step outside into reality.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    I've been listening to the Sexteto do Beco LP...

That and the Todd Terje edit of Chic's "I Need Your Love", which is half a remake of that Moodymann track...

• Usually I just listen to mixes,etc that I have downloaded or stream off the net. Yesterday was DeeRock's(Supreme) disco mix he posted on here. Havent started playing anything today yet.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    I listen to the Sylvers, Sylvers II or Sylvers III. Or a bit of Isley Brother's 'Work To Do'!
    Tom

• I know some of you are on some mystical yoga man ritual schitt since you are some lucky 12-10ers or something but I grind a 9-5. This means I need some get up and go. Fox 6 Chrissy Russo telling me the weather and traffic, this is okay. I put on a Love record and mute the TV. Making the protein banana and strawberry smoothie takes 6 mins with cleanup, tops. Then it's clothes, grooming and out the door.

Deal. What do you listen to in the morning? Any LPs on repeat on some wake me up before you go go?

Milton Nascimento is also good morning music. Actually it's good 24/7/365. You know this.

Got this channel on Cablevision called VH1 Soul. Every morning they play 80s-90's RnB and Hip hop videos. Mary Blige, Tribe, Heav D, Jodeci, Etc. Classic videos taken me back when I used to vhs record all of them. That and flippin thru WB 11 news. All the women on that broadcast are fine as hell.

• Man, what channel is that? I found it once but haven't been able to find it ever since.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    VH1 Soul

• Man, what channel is that? I found it once but haven't been able to find it ever since.

In Brooklyn its channel 189 on cablevision

Channel Lineups

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    VH1 Soul

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    inspired by all the love it's been getting in the fall-listening thread, this was my a.m. pick today:

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I have one of those CD alarm clocks. Fela gently rouses me from slumber with black president. That or NPR.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I have a custom-tailored mix for such a situation

Its my lazy sunday mix..music to wake up too..stretch..gaze and ponder...have tea and look out the window ish..etc...smooth...soothing..dreamy...

check it

LazySundaySoulMix- DJ Asma

• Prins Thomas presents Cosmo Galactic Prism[/b]
    mostly first cd though

opening track "i hear a new world" by joe mekk and the blue men sounds especially appropiate at 7am when all you want to do is smash you alarm clock

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Cat Power-The Covers Record

I found a reason[/b]

Sea of Love[/b]

I don't understand how people can hate on her.

When the boy usually wakes, he starts bumping loud shit...I don't get it. Then again, I feel bad he has to hear her all the time. heeeeheeeeee.

• This works for me every time:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• les mcann's "morning song" on repeat

actually, now that i'm on a new schedule and i have to wake up earlier, i think i am gonna buy one of those natural light sunrise similating joints.

• I want the clock radio to play Hugh Masekela's "Long Way From Home" every AM...greatest wake up song evar.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i get whatever the oldies station gives me... for about 3 seconds at a time in 9 minute intervals for about an hour before i finally give in and accept that i have to get up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Usually im wakin to Kiss Fm. i turn on NY1 to check the weather and local transit news. Im not really thinkon bout playin music when i wash my ass and pick out whicj kicks to sport.

On my days off, thats another story.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I usually listen to kcrw.org, mostly for nostalgia's sake. LA traffic reports make me smile, I get a dash of NPR, and I get some exposure to music I would never seek or find on my own. Some of it's pretty good, and it's rarely

It's often a decent late-night listen, too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I usually listen to kcrw.org, mostly for nostalgia's sake. LA traffic reports make me smile, I get a dash of NPR, and I get some exposure to music I would never seek or find on my own. Some of it's pretty good, and it's rarely

It's often a decent late-night listen, too.

Agreed, KCRW used to be on all the time but then I found a job where reception was schitty...now I should get my radio antenna fixed..hmmm

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    When i was living in seattle Mark Morrison's Return of the Mack came on my clock radio at the same time every morning for about 3-4 months.

Truly the most divine way to arise from slumber:

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    definitely "Brandy" by the Looking Glass

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I can't belive you guys don't go right back to sleep with this stuff!

Quite often I'm fine with the news cuse the info gets my brain in gear, but If I'm useing music to wake up it's Public Enemy or Diamond Head! One of my girlfriends was scared of me at first cuz I used to blast PE when I drove us to work in the morning.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    That and flippin thru WB 11 news. All the women on that broadcast are fine as hell.

When I'm watching the news in the morning, I'm generally checking for the weather. Mainly because I want to know ('specially in some in-between month like March). But also because the local stations here have fine-as-hell weatherwomen who STAND UP while commentating, making it easier to give 'em the once-over.

When the boy usually wakes, he starts bumping loud shit...I don't get it. Then again, I feel bad he has to hear (Cat Power) all the time. heeeeheeeeee.

Sorta the same with me. I don't have "morning music" per se, I just play whatever happens to be on the top of the rotation stack.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Lately, I've been listening to Jorge Ben's Personalidade on the way to drop my daughter off at school. Then on my way to work, I've been trading out Jorge Ben for Van Halen II.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

I found a reason[/b]

Sea of Love[/b]

you can say alot of things about Cat Power, but that ain't one of 'em...

she is defintately a BRIE CHEESE sort of singer, you love her or hate her...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    adam carola show

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I found a reason[/b]

Sea of Love[/b]

hahah good analogy!

Or you could say more blue cheese.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I found a reason[/b]

Sea of Love[/b]

carpetbagguer that cries and quits playing because a couple people in the bar she is playing are having a conversation..one reason to think she a hack