Magical Mystery Tour

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited April 2018 in Music Talk
dig it.don't hatt.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Seriously. Dudes must not be having mint OGs and be REAL WINNERS like me.

This recording is what's up for January 18th, 2006.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    do you have the true OG double 7" ep though?

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    Flying was the first song to be credited as being written by all four members of the band. Tied with Tomorrow Never Knows as my favorite Beatles track.

Do you honestly think that 2 7"s feel and sound better than a nice n heavy LP with a 24 page color insert?

Do you honestly think that 2 7"s feel and sound better than a nice n heavy LP with a 24 page color insert?

no, but it is cool

no, but it is cool

awesome!

well, but I forgot that then you also need to get like 2 other 45's cause the ep doesn't have I am the Walrus & shit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Beatles get love on SS! Title track is my jam, I still can't loop the ending bass and piano on my sampler though.

Unloopable.

There is a Massive Magical Mystery Tour hate going on in this world today.

I know. It really is a great one too. This 7" is not sounding so awesome. Not that The Walrus is one of my top songs. Nothing like a thick gatefold w/ book and a quality pressing.

Beatles get love on SS! Title track is my jam, I still can't loop the ending bass and piano on my sampler though.

Unloopable.

What'sup bro?

I must say that I've sampled this LP like 5 times when I was 17, and I actually DID loop up that piano part. I totally forget how I made it work though. I think I used it for one of those 'scary' beats.

Right now in my head it might sound good with Pookah's 'Blue and Peaceful'.

..and me and Chris Carnahan agree that this is shitting all types of shit over Pet Sounds. I stand by my case when I say Kokomo is the best Beach Boys tune.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    well, but I forgot that then you also need to get like 2 other 45's cause the ep doesn't have I am the Walrus & shit.

MMT is like "Sgt Peppers" taken up a notch. Quality album, and probably the Fab Four's quirkiest set of tunes. I believe the OG Ep contains the entire contents of the 1st side of the US LP, which includes I Am the Walrus.

The second side of the US LP is comprised of non-LP singles released by the Beatles around the same time frame in 1967. Thus, if you only had the UK Ep, you would need to purchase Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields/All You Need Is Love/Hello Goodbye/Baby You're a Rich Man as singles to complete your collection. I may be wrong, though.

SG

MMT is like "Sgt Peppers" taken up a notch. Quality album, and probably the Fab Four's quirkiest set of tunes. I believe the OG Ep contains the entire contents of the 1st side of the US LP, which includes I Am the Walrus.

The second side of the US LP is comprised of non-LP singles released by the Beatles around the same time frame in 1967. Thus, if you only had the UK Ep, you would need to purchase Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields/All You Need Is Love/Hello Goodbye/Baby You're a Rich Man as singles to complete your collection. I may be wrong, though.

SG

that sounds right

..and me and Chris Carnahan agree that this is shitting all types of shit over Pet Sounds. I stand by my case when I say Kokomo is the best Beach Boys tune.

you kinda trippin', hominy. I would say Revolver could step to the Pet Sounds but never this, son.

you kinda trippin', hominy. I would say Revolver could step to the Pet Sounds but never this, son.

I am totally not tripping. The stereo imaging on this is far superior to that of Pet Sounds. Beyond that, shit is like comparing Bon Jovi to Sonic Youth.

Carnahan wants me to edit my post though. I'm obviously not complying, and on top of it, will post our conversation:

me: it is shitting all types of shit over pet sounds
    dude: the stereo imaging is superb.
    me: but don't tell anybody I said that
    dude: why not? i hate "pet sounds"
    me: AWESOME
    me: thank you bro
    me: I got pet sounds last weekend
    me: and really examined it
    me: and that shit is not fucking with no Magical Mystery Tour no way no how
    dude: beach boys suck it

DUDE!

ther is no "stereo imaging" on Pet Sounds cause it's a mono record!

BEEF
    BEEF
    BEEF
    BEEF

DUDE!

ther is no "stereo imaging" on Pet Sounds cause it's a mono record!

BEEF
    BEEF
    BEEF
    BEEF

HAHAHAHA

It's DUOPHONIC

Duophonic is

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

I am totally not tripping. The stereo imaging on this is far superior to that of Pet Sounds. Beyond that, shit is like comparing Bon Jovi to Sonic Youth.

Carnahan wants me to edit my post though. I'm obviously not complying, and on top of it, will post our conversation:

you just got pet sounds???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    When you diss , you diss yourself.

Moreover, arguing that "Pet Sounds" is wack because the "stereo imaging" isn't as good as MMT is truly one of the most anal-retentive, comic-book-geek shit I've heard in a while around here.

Duophonic is

AWESOME!

In all seriousness, I only compared the two because I listened to both this week, and MMT is hitting damn hard on my studio monitors. Pet Sounds didn't hold a sonic candle, and it has less personality to it. I'm also trying to sound as bold and blasphemous as possible in 2006. My spirit guide told me to question everything (except black sabbath and terry callier).

• chrischris 287 Posts
    oh my

BTW, most underrated album of all time is beach boys-Surf's Up. shit is friggin brilliant

My spirit guide

I'm also trying to sound as bold and blasphemous as possible in 2006.

AWESOME!

you just got pet sounds???

Are the holes in my 'personal music journey' showing themselves big time?

**trilly though, it's the first time I've actually seen a mint one that was affordable. i would never purchase a record so highly spoken of in any condition less than EX**

BTW, most underrated beach boys lp if Surf's Up. shit is friggin brilliant

smiley smile OWNS YOU!

no i feel you on the vinyl part, i just recently got a mint OG after having the 70's press and CD for a long time, but was it the first time you had HEARD pet sounds?!?!

BTW, the first time i heard Pet Sounds, my mind exploded and i threw al my Free Design records in the trash compactor

but was it the first time you had HEARD pet sounds?!?!

HELL NO

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    BTW, most underrated beach boys album of all time is Surf's Up Wild Honey - shit is friggin brilliant