7 steps for better listening Mix

2

  Comments


  • tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    just started listening. sounds great! very much in the vein of 3 sinister syllables, which is a masterpiece
    heres a couple:



    dollar bin classic



  • Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Downloading now. Excited to hear this.

    Can somebody hook me up with a link to 3 sinister syllables? Pm me?

  • finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Transformer scratch thing at 29:20 Min. :face_melt: :goat:

  • DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,921 Posts
    double shot said:
    First track includes dialogue from "Diner" where Steve Guttenburg ? gets bent out of shape with how his records are organised..."It's only music..."

    Daniel Stern.

    Downloaded it but haven't listened yet. On the strength of the comments, I'm looking forward to it.

  • disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    What's that thing starting at 32:00? I know it but can't remember.

  • DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Great mix! Thanks for sharing. As soon as I heard the Bonnie Dobson, I knew I was going to like it. I can tell how much went into making this one so big ups!

  • tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    disco_che said:
    What's that thing starting at 32:00? I know it but can't remember.

    thats right where im at right now
    rahbani dance of maria right before it and gasmask right after
    lots of aeiou stuff on there...the carey and merrywether five days joint


    love the bonnie dobson.
    always wanted to know what the husky flute track was at 5minute mark. Mo used to have a clip of it on his website

  • tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    gatur
    au pairs
    round house
    ritual
    uphill piece of mind
    hearing lots more, listening while i work

  • DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the music on this mix is great. the mixing is also pretty good..... but no one seems to be saying what i feel like is a major issue in my better listening experience.... what's with all the "digging" vocal clips? i feel like it totally takes away from what is otherwise a great piece of work.

    i was originally not going to say anything, because i didnt want to come off like a hater or negative ninny whatever, but after my second attempted listen, this is truly an issue i have that keeps me from really enjoying the mix.

  • finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    gatur
    au pairs
    round house
    ritual
    uphill piece of mind
    hearing lots more, listening while i work

    but what version of uphill piece of mind?

  • tripledouble said:

    always wanted to know what the husky flute track was at 5minute mark. Mo used to have a clip of it on his website

    parallax said:
    There's one in there by Gary Pacific Orchestra - Stop Your Fever. Might have a thorough listen later.
    aka Knitting:

  • tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    sweet! what else is gary pacific on? i know blue butterfly. were they session players on a lot of other projects?

  • Controller_7 said:


    Can somebody hook me up with a link to 3 sinister syllables? Pm me?


    Might be a coincidence - the Pro Celebrity Golf dudes just posted a link to it pon the twitter: http://www.divshare.com/download/12732181-38c

  • Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    hugh_lucero said:
    Controller_7 said:


    Can somebody hook me up with a link to 3 sinister syllables? Pm me?


    Might be a coincidence - the Pro Celebrity Golf dudes just posted a link to it pon the twitter: http://www.divshare.com/download/12732181-38c

    Thanks. That seems to be a sampler though, only 7 minutes long. Anybody got a full version? I'm not a pro rar sleuth, but I can't seem to find a file out there and the cd is out of print.

  • disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    disco_che said:
    What's that thing starting at 32:00? I know it but can't remember.

    I knew I had that record somewhere. Now it popped up in my mind.



    Syrius - Sz??tt??rt ??lmok

  • piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    great work!


  • tripledouble said:
    sweet! what else is gary pacific on? i know blue butterfly. were they session players on a lot of other projects?

    They have a few on the Bosworth library label and another one on Selected Sound. They also did a record under the name Wolfram Brunke for a pharmaceutical company.

  • YuqqaYuqqa 15 Posts
    This is absolutely a brilliant piece of art, I haven't enjoyed any mix so much as this for years.

    Spotted this finnish track at 36:50


  • doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    really great mix!!! thanks for sharing!

  • CraigCraig 269 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    just started listening. sounds great! very much in the vein of 3 sinister syllables, which is a masterpiece
    heres a couple:



    dollar bin classic



    You should able to get a couple more mate, as there are few that were on 'AEIOU' -


  • CraigCraig 269 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    tripledouble said:
    gatur
    au pairs
    round house
    ritual
    uphill piece of mind
    hearing lots more, listening while i work

    but what version of uphill piece of mind?

    The version of 'Up hill piece of mind' is Carol Grimes, it's UK record.

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,441 Posts
    I'll always be a sucker for the any cut'n'paste type mix with dialog that I know has been kicking around in the guy's mind like, "oh that would be SO SICK to use right before such-and-such!"
    I love that shit.
    Add an instructional record, something about chemicals and/or "left channel... right channel... drums..." whatever? And with cutting?

    comeonbrosrsly I love it always and forever

    thanks!

  • finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    what's the one with the female vocals at around 55:14 min? Sounds familiar and reminds me of tricky's version of black steel.

  • PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    Soul Strut plus Craig & LDJB over on Forumusic forum:

    0.00.00: Armin Rusch ??? Moon Morning
    0.01.20: Bonnie Dobson ??? Winter???s Going
    0.03.15: David Black presents Salvation ??? Tomorrow Is The First Day ???..
    0.03.21: 'Syrius - Sz??tt??rt ??lmok'
    0.05.00: Gary Pacific Orchestra - Knitting
    0.08.00: Lighthouse ??? The Love Of Woman
    0.08.35: Jack Arel /Jean Claude Petit ??? Psychedelic Portrait
    0.13.20: Underground Sunshine ??? Take Me, Break Me
    0.16.45: Roy Budd? From Fear Is The Key??
    0.17.15: Bernard Lavalliers ??? Le Verite
    0.27.25: Merryweather & Carey ??? Five days Off The Trail
    0.31.30: Rahbani ??? DanceOf Maria
    0.32.00:
    0.32.45: Gas Mask ??? If You Just Think Of Me
    0.35.08: Harmony Cat ??? Harmony Cat???s Theme
    0.33.26: Pride lp???
    0.36.50: Danny - Pieni Sana
    0.39.33: The Moonrakers ??? Not Hidin??? Anymore
    0.41.05: Ex Ovo Pro ??? It???s Raining In My House
    0.42.30: Gator OST
    0.45.00: Annette Peacock ??? Pony
    0.49.25: Syd Dale ??? Number One Spy
    0.56.23:Club "Intim 6" Mit Dem Orchester Dr. Fummel - F??r Andr?? tu ich alles
    0.59.15: ???????? ???????????????? - ?????????? ????????????????
    1.03.40: Mother Freedom Band - Assistant Ray
    1.05.50: Carol Grimes ??? Uphill Piece Of Mind
    1.10.04:??? Knut Kiesewetter, Chor Der Neanderkirche D??sseldorf, Edelhagen-All-Star-Combo - Hilf, Herr Meines Lebens
    1.11.15: Sophy ??? Un Amor Original

    Unplaced at the moment
    Keith Mansfield ??? Mothers Waltz (plus Loot dialogue)
    Thad Jones ??? Get Out Of My Life Woman (piano)
    Czerwone Gitary ??? Rtym ziemi ???
    Berlin Bei Nacht ??? Bel Ami
    Kenny Bird Orchestra ??? Soul Statement

  • PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    duplicate - apologies - slow computer / old browser!

  • PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    duplicate

  • PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    bobtheorange said:
    tripledouble said:
    sweet! what else is gary pacific on? i know blue butterfly. were they session players on a lot of other projects?

    They have a few on the Bosworth library label and another one on Selected Sound. They also did a record under the name Wolfram Brunke for a pharmaceutical company.
    That explains the Wolfram Brunke track on one of my Bosworths. Thanks.

  • PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    Duplicate - Apologies - I'll quit posting from this computer.

  • finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Pattrick said:
    Soul Strut plus Craig & LDJB over on Forumusic forum:

    0.00.00: Armin Rusch ??? Moon Morning
    0.01.20: Bonnie Dobson ??? Winter???s Going
    0.03.15: David Black presents Salvation ??? Tomorrow Is The First Day ???..
    0.03.21: 'Syrius - Sz??tt??rt ??lmok'
    0.05.00: Gary Pacific Orchestra - Knitting
    0.08.00: Lighthouse ??? The Love Of Woman
    0.08.35: Jack Arel /Jean Claude Petit ??? Psychedelic Portrait
    0.13.20: Underground Sunshine ??? Take Me, Break Me
    0.16.45: Roy Budd? From Fear Is The Key??
    0.17.15: Bernard Lavalliers ??? Le Verite
    0.27.25: Merryweather & Carey ??? Five days Off The Trail
    0.31.30: Rahbani ??? DanceOf Maria
    0.32.00:
    0.32.45: Gas Mask ??? If You Just Think Of Me
    0.35.08: Harmony Cat ??? Harmony Cat???s Theme
    0.33.26: Pride lp???
    0.36.50: Danny - Pieni Sana
    0.39.33: The Moonrakers ??? Not Hidin??? Anymore
    0.41.05: Ex Ovo Pro ??? It???s Raining In My House
    0.42.30: Gator OST
    0.45.00: Annette Peacock ??? Pony
    0.49.25: Syd Dale ??? Number One Spy
    0.56.23:Club "Intim 6" Mit Dem Orchester Dr. Fummel - F??r Andr?? tu ich alles
    0.59.15: ???????? ???????????????? - ?????????? ????????????????
    1.03.40: Mother Freedom Band - Assistant Ray
    1.05.50: Carol Grimes ??? Uphill Piece Of Mind
    1.10.04:??? Knut Kiesewetter, Chor Der Neanderkirche D??sseldorf, Edelhagen-All-Star-Combo - Hilf, Herr Meines Lebens
    1.11.15: Sophy ??? Un Amor Original

    Unplaced at the moment
    Keith Mansfield ??? Mothers Waltz (plus Loot dialogue)
    Thad Jones ??? Get Out Of My Life Woman (piano)
    Czerwone Gitary ??? Rtym ziemi ???
    Berlin Bei Nacht ??? Bel Ami
    Kenny Bird Orchestra ??? Soul Statement

    :shit_yeah:

    I wonder if we find out the other hundredsomething tracks missing

  • disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Pattrick said:
    Soul Strut plus Craig & LDJB over on Forumusic forum:

    0.00.00: Armin Rusch ??? Moon Morning
    0.01.20: Bonnie Dobson ??? Winter???s Going
    0.03.15: David Black presents Salvation ??? Tomorrow Is The First Day ???..
    0.03.21: Kenny Bird Orchestra ??? Soul Statement
    0.05.00: Gary Pacific Orchestra - Knitting
    0.08.00: Lighthouse ??? The Love Of Woman
    0.08.35: Jack Arel /Jean Claude Petit ??? Psychedelic Portrait
    0.13.20: Underground Sunshine ??? Take Me, Break Me
    0.16.45: Roy Budd? From Fear Is The Key??
    0.17.15: Bernard Lavalliers ??? Le Verite
    0.18.10 Berlin Bei Nacht ??? Bel Ami
    0.27.25: Merryweather & Carey ??? Five days Off The Trail
    0.31.30: Rahbani ??? DanceOf Maria
    0.32.00: 'Syrius - Sz??tt??rt ??lmok'
    0.32.45: Gas Mask ??? If You Just Think Of Me
    0.35.08: Harmony Cat ??? Harmony Cat???s Theme
    0.33.26: Pride lp???
    0.36.50: Danny - Pieni Sana
    0.39.33: The Moonrakers ??? Not Hidin??? Anymore
    0.41.05: Ex Ovo Pro ??? It???s Raining In My House
    0.42.30: Gator OST
    0.45.00: Annette Peacock ??? Pony
    0.49.25: Syd Dale ??? Number One Spy
    0.56.23:Club "Intim 6" Mit Dem Orchester Dr. Fummel - F??r Andr?? tu ich alles
    0.59.15: ???????? ???????????????? - ?????????? ????????????????
    1.03.40: Mother Freedom Band - Assistant Ray
    1.05.50: Carol Grimes ??? Uphill Piece Of Mind
    1.10.04:??? Knut Kiesewetter, Chor Der Neanderkirche D??sseldorf, Edelhagen-All-Star-Combo - Hilf, Herr Meines Lebens
    1.11.15: Sophy ??? Un Amor Original

    Unplaced at the moment
    Keith Mansfield ??? Mothers Waltz (plus Loot dialogue)
    Thad Jones ??? Get Out Of My Life Woman (piano)
    Czerwone Gitary ??? Rtym ziemi ???

    Syrius was misplaced. Kenny Bird is placed now.

    The voice in the small bit at 0:10:10 sounds to me like Joe Kienemann aka Joe Ki but I don't know the track. Anybody can verify.
    0:15:00 Voice sounds like it could be Gjon Delhusa. Can't identify the track.
Sign In or Register to comment.