NFL thread?

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,244 Posts
Started watching NFL after a 20 year hiatus so I have something to talk to my dad* about that doesn’t involve Trump, and my early impressions of this season are that

The Chiefs can go undefeated in the regular season. Mahomes is that good.

Pats will of course be in the playoffs.

Love Saquan Barkley, but I am worried (as a closet Giants fan) that the biggest comparison that can be made with him and Barry Saunders is that Barkley could be the best RB in the league but he’s on a weak team. The new QB could prove me wrong.

My brother is a big Raiders fan and spent the whole summer talking up how great Antonio Brown is. Fucking LOL, that worked out well.

*my dad is a Cowboys fan. Also has a soft spot for the Patriots. And Trump. The trifecta of wrong. Arrrghhh.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Twilight Zone/ Al Capone/ Rolling Stone/ Eva Perón 6,253 Posts
    Barry SANDERS!  Although as a Rams fan, I will always ride 2105 yards for Eric Dickerson.

Please anyone but the Pats.

Ugh.

Are you sure he's your dad?  You know, Birther and all that?

• First of all,the Pats will repeat, the Chiefs ain't beating them,secondly my home team-the Deadskins stink and there's no hope in sight.

• The Skins fired Gruden but I have no hope as long as Bruce Allen is running things.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NOLA 57 Posts
    Sports squanders divine masculine valor

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,543 Posts
    Steeler fan has left the chat
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,244 Posts
    My brother is a big Raiders fan and spent the whole summer talking up how great Antonio Brown is. Fucking LOL, that worked out well.

Now with Vantez Burfict (sp?, another player my brother was hyping) getting canned it’s reminded me that schadenfreude is perhaps the best thing about sports. Especially if your own team sucks.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,244 Posts

The Chiefs can go undefeated in the regular season. Mahomes is that good.

That was the kiss of death...

...49ers looking good...