Barbara Lynn I'm A Good Woman

deanosoundsdeanosounds 181 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Cultures of Soul is reissuing Barbara Lynn's I'm A Good Woman b/w I Don't Want A Playboy. It's officially coming out in stores on Sept. 7th but you can get your copy here right now! It's limited to 1,000 copies.

It's a great way to grab two indemand soul tracks for a pittance of the price of the originals.

Retailers and Distros can get at me at orders@culturesofsoul.com for wholesale prices.



  Comments


  • The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    This should be in the anouncements and fryer already reissued "I'm a good woman"

  • holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    From memory I think Fryer reissued an alternate take or mix (no horns), The new Gizelle version of "I'm A Good Woman" on Wild 45 is pretty cool.
    I may be being dense but I don't know if I really get the point in reissuing this??

  • I saw her rip the stage at Brooklyn Soul Festival last year. She was seriously amazing and the best of these older acts coming out these days that I have seen. She looked great, sang and played really well. She's also coming for the BK Soul Festival this year!

    I am still surprised that she doesnt have gigs overseas. She really deserves it.

    Dress

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    holmes said:
    From memory I think Fryer reissued an alternate take or mix (no horns)

    Yea, the horns version has a way better mix imo. More raw, better sounding drums. Without the horns, it's a couple of degrees away from dinner lounge music. :O

  • Announcements section says no record labels! This track was reissued because fryers 45 is out of print and its got I Dont Want A Playboy on the flip. A superb track that's gone underrated!

  • The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    The Barbara Lynn I want but cannot find at all is "i've taken all that I can take", that track kills...

  • that's a great track too! i just figured these two tracks compliment each other so well!

  • hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    holmes said:
    From memory I think Fryer reissued an alternate take or mix (no horns), The new Gizelle version of "I'm A Good Woman" on Wild 45 is pretty cool.
    I may be being dense but I don't know if I really get the point in reissuing this??


    where might one hear this?

    google turned up no results

  • holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    hobo_d said:
    holmes said:
    From memory I think Fryer reissued an alternate take or mix (no horns), The new Gizelle version of "I'm A Good Woman" on Wild 45 is pretty cool.
    I may be being dense but I don't know if I really get the point in reissuing this??


    where might one hear this?

    google turned up no results

    Fryer or Gizelle?

  • KineticKinetic 3,738 Posts
    holmes said:
    hobo_d said:
    holmes said:
    From memory I think Fryer reissued an alternate take or mix (no horns), The new Gizelle version of "I'm A Good Woman" on Wild 45 is pretty cool.
    I may be being dense but I don't know if I really get the point in reissuing this??


    where might one hear this?

    google turned up no results

    Fryer or Gizelle?

    That was my next question too... and it went unanswered until I saw this ebay auction:

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300456784487&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

  • The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    You can get the gizzelle for $7 from the labels website

  • KineticKinetic 3,738 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    You can get the gizzelle for $7 from the labels website

    Yes - please don't bid on th auction! Just listen to the clip!

  • holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    i have the Gizzelle 45, it's really good to have another version on 45 apart from the original & the Cold Blood ones, flip is Big Mama Thornton's "The Place" which is also cool. Just ask them to pack the 45 in cardboard if you do order, they used to send them in just an envelope, so I asked specifically for cardboard reinforcement this time..............
    Absolutely listen to the clip on the ebay auction but buy from the label....

  • KineticKinetic 3,738 Posts
    holmes said:
    i have the Gizzelle 45, it's really good to have another version on 45 apart from the original & the Cold Blood ones, flip is Big Mama Thornton's "The Place" which is also cool. Just ask them to pack the 45 in cardboard if you do order, they used to send them in just an envelope, so I asked specifically for cardboard reinforcement this time..............
    Absolutely listen to the clip on the ebay auction but buy from the label....

    I ordered 2 copies the other day - please be serious about their packing methods. Really? Even if it's going overseas?

  • The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I can corroberate holmes story, I too got a 45 floating around in a Manila envelope...not to mention they throw in a label button/badge in your order that is at risk at scratching your record up...amateurs.

  • holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    holmes said:
    i have the Gizzelle 45, it's really good to have another version on 45 apart from the original & the Cold Blood ones, flip is Big Mama Thornton's "The Place" which is also cool. Just ask them to pack the 45 in cardboard if you do order, they used to send them in just an envelope, so I asked specifically for cardboard reinforcement this time..............
    Absolutely listen to the clip on the ebay auction but buy from the label....

    I ordered 2 copies the other day - please be serious about their packing methods. Really? Even if it's going overseas?
    My two copies of her 1st 45 came loose in an A4 envelope in xmas post. I consider it a xmas miracle that they arrived with only slight warps not affecting the play.
    After asking for cardboard this time I received an apology & the new 45 taped inside 2 pices of carboard, loose inside a A4 bubble wrap envelope, still not ideal, but it arrived unscathed.

  • hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    holmes said:
    hobo_d said:
    holmes said:
    From memory I think Fryer reissued an alternate take or mix (no horns), The new Gizelle version of "I'm A Good Woman" on Wild 45 is pretty cool.
    I may be being dense but I don't know if I really get the point in reissuing this??


    where might one hear this?

    google turned up no results

    Fryer or Gizelle?

    The Gizelle version....

    just listened to it and happily purchased

  • holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I just realized that my spelling it "Gizelle" instead of the actual "GiZZelle" may have screwed up your google attempts, sorry about that....

  • hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    ahhh..no wonder..


    thanks man, its a good cover nonetheless

  • KineticKinetic 3,738 Posts
    holmes said:
    Kinetic said:
    holmes said:
    i have the Gizzelle 45, it's really good to have another version on 45 apart from the original & the Cold Blood ones, flip is Big Mama Thornton's "The Place" which is also cool. Just ask them to pack the 45 in cardboard if you do order, they used to send them in just an envelope, so I asked specifically for cardboard reinforcement this time..............
    Absolutely listen to the clip on the ebay auction but buy from the label....

    I ordered 2 copies the other day - please be serious about their packing methods. Really? Even if it's going overseas?
    My two copies of her 1st 45 came loose in an A4 envelope in xmas post. I consider it a xmas miracle that they arrived with only slight warps not affecting the play.
    After asking for cardboard this time I received an apology & the new 45 taped inside 2 pices of carboard, loose inside a A4 bubble wrap envelope, still not ideal, but it arrived unscathed.

    Another Festivus Miracle!

    I emailed them with the quickness and they confirmed that cardboard was indeed afeature in their mail routine when posting out my 45s!
Sign In or Register to comment.