Photography Strut - Pics you shot recently

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    spoonietee said:
    Photographed a student-filmed zombie kung fu flick last month for a 35mm photo class. Just digitized the negatives for the director's website.

http://lntafilms.com/2010/12/12/curse-of-the-white-lotus-behind-the-scenes/

Nice ones.

• http://tim-smith-photography.blogspot.com/

This is my first post in here, been lurking for a while. Thought I would pop up a link to some of my snaps, seeing as a lot of you seem to do the same thing, really nice photos from you guys in here!

Peace.

• disco_che said:
    spoonietee said:
    Photographed a student-filmed zombie kung fu flick last month for a 35mm photo class. Just digitized the negatives for the director's website.

http://lntafilms.com/2010/12/12/curse-of-the-white-lotus-behind-the-scenes/
    Nice ones.

Thanks chum, it was a lot of fun.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Some nice pics in here - shame there are so many dead links. Been developing some rolls from the last couple of years (lol) and found this series from the string of four tet x squidsoup shows

klezmer electro-thug beatsDORDuderonomyRAJ

• Damn those are cool as hell, here's some from me:

DORReynaldo82DuderonomyJimster

Nice landscapes.  Where is that epic skatepark??

• it's in northern CA. totally hidden from the highway, I can't remember exactly where the trespassing started that day but it might require some trespassing, so I can only assume it's a sort of locals-only spot?? do locals-only spots still exist or are they all on yelp?
    DOR

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    ketanklezmer electro-thug beatsDORDuderonomyJimster

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Man. Having kids is a totally time suck. Even though I've taken lots of pics, I always seem to have no time to edit or just post anything.

I would like to rectify this.

Nice shots guys.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    DOR said:
    Man. Having kids is a totally time suck. Even though I've taken lots of pics, I always seem to have no time to edit of just post anything.

I would like to rectify this.

Nice shots guys.

I finally got around to going through the handful of rolls I've shot over the past few years. It's pretty nice actually, seeing three years of my daughter's life condensed into a few photos.

some random things from these rolls

ketanDORklezmer electro-thug beatscoveJimster

• I'm glad to see guys still doing film. I love it, it feels like everything phone photos are not - I know you can take a good photo on a phone, and I like to think I have, but I don't think you can do this:

Duderonomy

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    using a real lens make such a huge difference, doesn't it. I don't care if the phone camera has gigapixels coming out of its ass, it's still a shitty plastic lens on a tiny ass sensor.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    it's in northern CA. totally hidden from the highway, I can't remember exactly where the trespassing started that day but it might require some trespassing, so I can only assume it's a sort of locals-only spot?? do locals-only spots still exist or are they all on yelp?

Google says Davenport. I've probably driven by it 100 times down the 1HWY and never knew.

klezmer electro-thug beatscoveJimsterDORDuderonomy

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Some from this year, all phone alas:

billbradleyDORDuderonomyketan

^^^ FOR THE FALLEN HOMIE MATT STACKSWELL AKA THE GAFFLER.  His favourite Euromang beverage.

DORDuderonomyketan

Jimster said:
    Some from this year, all phone alas:

Nice pics.  Where is this? ^^ It looks a lot like Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories!

That is in Appledore, Devon (UK).  Where the River Torridge meets the River Taw.  I liked the neons in the bar on the left vs. the sunset palette.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In the midst of updating my Flickr account with road shots from the past couple of years.  Most of them shot on my Mamiya 6 MF with Kodak Ektar 100 film.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rajsoulstrut/

Junction TX Sanderson Tx Do-Drop-inn Cafe Texas Pipersville PA Fort Stockton TX Sanderson Tx Coopersburg PA Dublin PA

ketanJimster

• That's some real Americana photo essay/coffee table type shit Raj. Ektar is the best, I think Ektar 100 is my favorite film stock. I love Fuji Velvia too but I feel like Ektar just looks great with no effort, where you have to be more careful with Velvia and Portra.  Pretty sure those purply shots I posted above were on Ektar. And (for example) these definitely were
    ketanDuderonomy

• Some more unrelated. I wish they showed up a bit bigger as the panoramic effect is kinda ruined by being so small, but what you gonna do. I'd say they're worth opening bigger though:

ketanbillbradley

Great stuff!  Love the greens in this and the buttery quality of film.

Raj, on those road trips, do you seek out local coffee spots etc. or are you just passing through for the photos?  I just wonder, based on the imagery, if it's all Bubba and dem shooting the "Pop: 27" sigs or whether there are hidden spots of humanity?

Image result for elliott erwitt snoopy
    © Elliott Erwitt/Magnum Photos

Happy Thanksgiving, 'Merimanz!

Image result for trump rocky
    Duderonomy

• look at the butt in his neck

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Jimster said:
    Raj, on those road trips, do you seek out local coffee spots etc. or are you just passing through for the photos?  I just wonder, based on the imagery, if it's all Bubba and dem shooting the "Pop: 27" sigs or whether there are hidden spots of humanity?

I can't speak for RAJ but I feel like these kids of spots are all over.  But I live in the Southwest which is ghost town central. Even in San Diego county we have towns that were all but abandoned when the 8 freeway was built so all these little highway towns just dried up (ala the movie Cars - we have our own version of Route 66).

To electro thug klezmer beats or whatever you name is (sorry), what camera are you shooting on that does those panoramas?

• Glad you asked because I love it, it's my favorite camera. It's a swing-lens 35mm panoramic, Horizon S3 Pro (not the lomography models "perfekt" and "kompakt", but the s3 pro... the other two are identical to it except with fewer shutter speed options).  From some russian gift website.
    https://www.lomography.com/magazine/237231-lomopedia-horizon-s3-pro
    It looks cheap plastic as shit in photos, but it is all metal and heavy. I dropped it from the top of a tree I had climbed, it broke open, I screwed it back together, even saved some exposures despite the back bursting open, and it still works perfectly. Clockwork, no electronics. It's pretty easy to operate since there's no manual focus - the only way to have close-up focus is to stop the lens down. But having a 1sec exposure allows for stuff like the tunnel where I just jammed it against the wall. I keep it in a bag with a tiny gossen light meter, just the cheapest one they sell.
    this is the tree, people sitting on top for scale -- clearly this is from the roll that I dropped it  10 minutes later:

photos it has taken since then:

• my other favorite camera is a minox B from 1966 but its tiny film doesn't compare qualitywise and is an unbelievable hassle to buy, develop and scan compared with the panoramic's normal 35mm. not really worth it except the camera itself is such an object of beauty.

dizzybull said:
    Jimster said:

I can't speak for RAJ but I feel like these kids of spots are all over.  But I live in the Southwest which is ghost town central. Even in San Diego county we have towns that were all but abandoned when the 8 freeway was built so all these little highway towns just dried up (ala the movie Cars - we have our own version of Route 66).

To electro thug klezmer beats or whatever you name is (sorry), what camera are you shooting on that does those panoramas?

Correct.  These types of spots are all over the Southwest US (especially the stretch of Route 66 from Albuquerque, NM to San Bernadino, CA).  It's all ugly urban sprawl from there to Santa Monica.    There are spots on the East Coast, but you don't get the type of negative space and desolation that you get out West.  Also, there is no humidity out there so you still see a lot of vintage cars and trucks out on the road. It's like a scene from a Wim Wenders movie .  I usually like to plan a trip in March / April when I'm sick of the shitty weather here.  What's even better is if I can coincide it with a record show.

Here are some Polaroids from my West Texas trip.

Sierra Blanca TX Target Marathon West Texas Odessa TX Van Horn TX San Antonio TX Van Horn TX Van Horn TX San Antonio TX
    ketanklezmer electro-thug beatsJimsterDuderonomy

^^ legit looks like it's the 1970s!
    Duderonomy