NFL thread?

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
Started watching NFL after a 20 year hiatus so I have something to talk to my dad* about that doesn’t involve Trump, and my early impressions of this season are that

The Chiefs can go undefeated in the regular season. Mahomes is that good.

Pats will of course be in the playoffs.

Love Saquan Barkley, but I am worried (as a closet Giants fan) that the biggest comparison that can be made with him and Barry Saunders is that Barkley could be the best RB in the league but he’s on a weak team. The new QB could prove me wrong.

My brother is a big Raiders fan and spent the whole summer talking up how great Antonio Brown is. Fucking LOL, that worked out well.

*my dad is a Cowboys fan. Also has a soft spot for the Patriots. And Trump. The trifecta of wrong. Arrrghhh.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Barry SANDERS!  Although as a Rams fan, I will always ride 2105 yards for Eric Dickerson.

Please anyone but the Pats.

Ugh.

Are you sure he's your dad?  You know, Birther and all that?

• First of all,the Pats will repeat, the Chiefs ain't beating them,secondly my home team-the Deadskins stink and there's no hope in sight.

• The Skins fired Gruden but I have no hope as long as Bruce Allen is running things.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    Sports squanders divine masculine valor

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Steeler fan has left the chat
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    My brother is a big Raiders fan and spent the whole summer talking up how great Antonio Brown is. Fucking LOL, that worked out well.

Now with Vantez Burfict (sp?, another player my brother was hyping) getting canned it’s reminded me that schadenfreude is perhaps the best thing about sports. Especially if your own team sucks.

The Chiefs can go undefeated in the regular season. Mahomes is that good.

That was the kiss of death...

...49ers looking good...

Roughing the passer calls - week 5(?) there was a flag for a tap on the helmet!
    Week 6 - Detroit absolutely fucked by the refs.

• Lions need to learn how to finish games.

Ravens proved the Pats are mortal!

I’ve noticed with the new Giants QB, it’s like he doesn’t like Saquon Barkley. They call very few running plays now, and rarely pass to him. Eli used to always look for a short pass to Barkley if all his downfield receivers were covered, and Barkley would do the rest. Very frustrating to watch the Giants’ best player being ignored.

• Lions should sign-Kapernick,their QB is hurt and he could help them for the rest of this season.

First of all,the Pats will repeat, the Chiefs ain't beating them,secondly my home team-the Deadskins stink and there's no hope in sight.

Well, you were right about the ‘Skins.

Jimster

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    CHIEFS!!!!!!!

• Well folks,there won't be an[NFL]season,not with this virus going until July-August[YIKES]this ain't cool thanks alot trump!!

Best weekend of playoff football ever.

Bills @ Kansas best... game, ever?

I shit you not, after the Bills took the lead with 13 seconds left, I joking texted my brother that I wanted a FG and overtime. Ain't no joke for Mahomes Magic.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
     Mahomes Magic.

I was rooting for the Bills but I knew 13 seconds for Mahomes is an eternity.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Crazy, crazy game.  A+ for the Bills (They were my team through those 4 runs in the 90s. You gotta love them when they lose or you’d end up like Gallo in Buffalo ‘66.)

Chiefs lost that close FG in the first half, so the Bills were lucky to still be in it later on.  Allen Davis were awesome.  Ghost of Frank Reich right there.  They just needed more of that D.     

As a Rams fan I was so happy to see the one SHADY fail to do what he usually does, this time.  I think we can do the Niners.  There has to be some increase in confidence off the back of knocking the current champs out.

Gotta be KC on the the other side.  They are not the best version of themselves but Mahomes is the difference.

Best thing Rams did was ditch Jared Goff. Garoppolo is in the same bracket: good enough to steer a team into the playoffs, but when the chips are down I’d sooner bet on him fucking things up than pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

I ride for Mahomes, but in terms of continued drama and storyline, Bengals victory would really cap a great playoffs.

Rams vs Benglas would be nice.

Best thing Rams did was ditch Jared Goff. Garoppolo is in the same bracket: good enough to steer a team into the playoffs, but when the chips are down I’d sooner bet on him fucking things up than pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

I ride for Mahomes, but in terms of continued drama and storyline, Bengals victory would really cap a great playoffs.

Rams vs Benglas would be nice.

I agree Stafford is an upgrade over Goff, but the Rams have traded away their better picks for some time, so he better still have 10 years in him.  Whatever SHADY's secret is, it works.

Finally.

MAGA-hat-wearing-cocksucker Brady is retiring.

They could get Big Ben in, younger man and all that.

Lock up your daughters.
    Duderonomy

Now I’m reading that Brady hasn’t decided. Bad guys never die that easy.

Kansas switched off at HT. They were guilty of thinking g the game was won.

Now it’s down to the coin toss again.

RAMS!  Finally breaking the 49'ers jinx.  I think we can do the Bengals.
    Duderonomy